Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Praise the Lord! Miracles DO happen! All this talk about periods, flowers, Aunt Flo, "being in the womanly way", etc. has brought on my period a week early! You know what this means???? It means I'll be done before my surgery next week WWWAAAAAHHHHHOOOO!!!!!

:clap2::whoo::clap2::whoo::clap2::whoo::clap2::whoo::clap2::whoo::clap2::whoo::clap2::whoo:

I DO believe in miracles and I also believe that HE deserves the credit for this one! Rock on, God!

Now, for more serious matters....I had to explain Carbs to my sons the other day (Connor is 7, Owen is 4) and did a little "well if you eat 10 carbs and only burn 5 then the other 5 turns to fat....I'm trying to trick my body into burning fat since I'm not eating carbs". A resounding "Ohhhh, I see" comes from the back seat, then my little Owen says, "I'm not eating carbs ever again!" I had to explain that popsicles, ice cream, Peanut Butter sandwiches, and milk all had carbs in it...we just have to eat them in moderation and make sure we burn them. I swear the kids have been more active since I explained this! It's funny....after they eat they run outside to "burn carbs" too funny! At least the weather is cooperating today!:eek:

HAHAHAAAA!!! That is so awesome. God is so good! No 'Red River', no 'Curse', etc. during surgery. WOOOHOOOO!!!! And that is hilarious about your kids burning their carbs. Too funny. Get 'em started early. ;)

So, I had my follow-up appt w/the pulmonologist. All was well, but I have to do a sleep study, so that will happen 7/21. Boy, I can't wait until the big day. I'm getting worn out w/all these appts. I know it's for the better, but gees...

Welcome to the newbies: SunshineSonya, Dmtjet, Stepht7s, Tinkerbell, Ronik, Ribearty, Sheelagh, Stonersmom, Only4Me, Mommiranda, Rebecah411, SweetJephy, CantWeight, JenniferNAZ, Jacki29, Bun1, and Jdhj861jr!!!!! And anyone else that I may have missed.

Felicia, hang in there. And just let your DH know that he may not be so lucky the next time! :laugh

Lynette, Last fat encounter. You are too much, girl. :laugh

Jackie506, I was wondering about the CPAP. I don't think I'll have to get one, but I guess I'll find out for sure once I have this sleep study.:twitch:

PattiC, no worries. You will do well w/your Band. I know all of us will have those last minute nerves and anxiety. Just remember, you've done your research/homework and it's all good!

Dini, AKA Foxy Momma, how are ya, girlfriend? Things going well?

Cazulay, I know what you mean about the negativity w/family. That's why I'm choosing carefully who knows about my surgery. Not that I'm ashamed, just saving myself some headache pre-op. Ya know? After it's done, I don't care who knows. I just want to enjoy the time leading up to my surgery.

LyssaRene, I am cracking up about Boris. I've named mine Bandolina. I know that she and I are gonna get along real well.

MarcyinAK, I'm sure I can speak for Dini and Lynette when I say we love being captains/cheerleaders. We love helping and encouraging ya'll. I want to say thanks to everyone here on LBT and our Lucky 7s thread. You guys are great...so supportive. For some of us, this site may be the only positive support and encouragement re the Band. As we know, some of our family members, friends, and co-workers are less than thrilled for us. Stay strong and keep up the awesomeness!!! Laurend, we thank you for crunching the numbers for us!!! I think it's a great idea to have it all there in black and white.

:cheer2:

I'M HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Yes, My surgery started late, around 10:30 am, and they released me at 5pm. I feel great, not really any pain yet. The Dr. came in and said I was doing so good that he would let me go. I've been up walking, going to the bathroom on my own, and really have no pain yet.

I'll try to post again later, and read up on other posts from today. Just wanted to let everyone know I was home, and had the best experience I could of possible imagined.:eek:

Lynette, Glad to hear you are home and that everything is going well for you. That is the kind of hospital stay that I am hoping for!! I hope your recovery continues to go well.

~Nichole

Nichole,

I'm with you!!!! Hopefully, you and I will have similar results to post!!!! Gee, it's coming pretty quickly now!!!! LOL

Jeanie,

I can't believe we are 6 days away. Tomorrow we'll be able to count on 1 hand!! :eek: That to me is unreal. I'm really hoping that ours will go as smoothly. Of course, my husband is looking forward to that day because the surgeon told him that he was in charge that day. And told me I have to listen to what he says. ;)

Yeah, I can't believe it!!!! It is coming so quickly! Exciting, but nerve racking too! I am thinking of you!

Lynette....congrats on the smooth sailing through your surgery, I can only hope that it is that way for me when my day comes! Again, congratulations!!

I'M HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Yes, My surgery started late, around 10:30 am, and they released me at 5pm. I feel great, not really any pain yet. The Dr. came in and said I was doing so good that he would let me go. I've been up walking, going to the bathroom on my own, and really have no pain yet.

I'll try to post again later, and read up on other posts from today. Just wanted to let everyone know I was home, and had the best experience I could of possible imagined.:eek:

YAYYYYYY!!!!! :bounce:I'm so glad to hear from you and to know you're doing extremely well!!! Keep us posted. I'm surprised you got to go home the same day, too!

Let us know how you progress.

<p>Welcome home Lynette. Were so happy all went well. I'm sure we'll here from you again as soon as you've rested up. Guess what all?, my "FLOWER" came today too, so it'll be over before my surgery ...WOOO-HOOO!!!!!!!!!</p>