Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

I've been noticing my back fat more now that it's summer again. I'm walking along minding my own business when i notice that my lower back near my hip is hanging over and touching the fat underneath it. Not cumfy in 90 degree + weather. Also, my son has made it his mission to be constantly pulling my shirt off of my "butt shelf!" (my words not his--he thinks he is just pulling the shirt down:) This is all in addition to the trouble I have walking down stairs lately. I have to hold on tight to the railing and my right knee hurts intensly. I know this is weight related, too.

OH MY GOD.....'BUTT SHELF' I'M DYING LAUGHING !!!!!!!!!:eek::rofl:

- Have lots of energy

- Be healthier

- Improve PCOS/increase fertility

- Be a role model to my students

- Not be nagged by my mom about my weight

- Cross my legs

- Wear dresses- too embarred now of fat legs

- Buy lingerie at Victoria's Secret

- Be comfortable in airplane

- Have more energy

- Horse-back riding

- More energy!!!

- Sweat less

- Climbing the stairs without panting

- Wear tank tops

- Wear short-shorts

- Not be terrified of getting really bad news every time I go to the doctor

- Scuba diving

-Not feel so self-conscious all the time

- Look in the mirror and not be scared/ashamed

- Not hide behind a pillow every time I sit down

- Wear a tucked-in shirt, with belt

- Buy regular size shoes, not WWWWWWWW

- Feel better about who I am, show to the world what I am really about

- Buy cute clothes at regular stores

- Buy jewelry such as necklaces and bracelets

- Go to the pool- I have been avoiding it for years, making all sorts of excuses not to join my friends for summer fun

- Did I mention more energy ?classic.gif

Hey guys, so far so good on my pre-op, no cheats:clap2:.... I see you all mentioned goals, here's mine.

1 - Wear shorts and actually look cute in them.

2- Shop where ever I please.(If I never saw the inside of Ashley Stewerts or Layne Bryant again, it would be to soon)

3- Walk without my feet hurting.

4- Upgrade my sex life.

5- Feel healthier.

6- Cross my legs.

7- Not have people say "but you have such a pretty face" :eek:.. I hate that.

8- Wear tucked in shirts.

9- Be much, much healthier all around.

Oh by the way, my CPAP machine was delivered today, can't wait to go bed and try it. Do any of you have it? has it made a difference?

Sorry for being away so long, guys. I've been in Memphis, getting my pre-op labs/xrays/EKG done and seeing the nutritionist, and didn't have access to the internet while I was there. They took 8 tubes of blood from me and had to use both arms, since one stopped giving blood after 5 tubes. And you won't believe this, but I missed my other nutrition class, too. I think I told you all (or made a thread about it, I don't remember) that I had missed my first nutrition class. Well, I thought the second one was going to be at 5:30 yesterday, but apparently, they only do the night classes every other month. I could have SWORN that I had confirmed that the class was at 5:30 when I called and found out that I had missed the first one. I think it said that the class was at that time on the fliers that I got, too, but I lost them. When she told me that it had been at 10:00 that morning, I just stared at her and said, "You're kidding, right?" Luckily, she agreed to go over both classes in the hour that I had to meet with her, or I would have wound up with a delayed surgery.

Laurend, how are you doing on your pre-op?
I am doing okay. I've slipped a few times, mainly while I was in Memphis (it's hard to follow a pre-op diet when you are eating out with other people for every meal), but I've been pretty good, considering the circumstances.

Don't forget, guys, that you need to weigh yourself on the 30th and PM me with it, if you want me to put it in the spreadsheet.

For all the new folks, I'm trying to get everyone's stats together and put them in a spreadsheet. I'll be posting it every so often (hopefully every week or so) so that we can see how everyone is progressing. Kind of a moral-booster, you know? If you want to be included on the spreadsheet, PM me with your starting weight and height, and I'll add them to the spreadsheet.

Just to let everyone know, though, I may not be posting until Sunday, since I am leaving tomorrow for my brother's wedding and won't be back until then. I'll try to get the updated spreadsheet posted at that time, if anyone wants to send me their updated stats between now and then.

I'll be leaving on Monday to go to Memphis for the surgery, since I have to be at the hospital at 5:30 on Tuesday. It may be several days after my surgery before I'll be able to post again. I'm not sure where I'll be staying afterwards (one place has dial-up internet, the other doesn't have internet at all), so I may or may not be able to give an update on how everything went.

Whew....finally, after 3 hours, I've gotten through all the posts!! How wonderful to read and share experiences with others who are going through all the same stages that I will be going through myself shortly.

Dini - I've read your story and hope to hear from you soon, would love to know that you are ok!

Marcy - A fellow Alaskan! I've transplanted to Washington State, but spent most of my life near or in Ketchikan - the rain country - lol. I chuckle at your bluntness and admire your forthrightness about the daily struggles we all are going through.

Breadlady - Thank you for sharing our first experience of July bandsters, by giving us all the "scoop" on how it all happened for you. I am going to the Northwest Weight Loss Surgery where surgery is done there, barring complications and I will be released later that day. Fortunately, my sister lives 5 minutes away, so I will stay with her overnight to make sure all goes well! Congrats on your weightloss!

Chimboree - Just can't thank you enough for the warm welcome and the constant updates with the calendar (thanks for adding me, btw). It makes us all feel like we are in this together, even though we all have to fight our own personal weight battles with our new tool.

Laurend - I would love to be added to your stats sheet, but I haven't a clue how to do a PM on this site yet. Can I just give you my stats here? Yes? No? Ok, thanks (lol) 5'7, 321 lbs. Thanks a lot for doing this!

There are so many more I would like to say thanks and a personal hello to, but after 40 pages, I apologize, I can not remember all the wonderful conversations that I've read through, but I feel glad to be among such a warm group of people. Thank you all!

A little bit about me:

*Always have been heavy....just progressing as I get older

*Spent many years experiencing low self-esteem and hid myself away, but something in my 40's said, "What the hell? Who you hiding from?" So I choose to have this surgery so my outside will reflect this newfound confidence on the inside.

*I returned to school, first community college and then decided why not go further, so I now attend the University of Washington, Tacoma and will be starting my senior year this fall - Business Administration (Finance)

*With only a year before I have to go out there an compete with those young and beautiful 20-somethings, I figure I better get myself in the best shape I can!!

*My husband is an instructor at the community college I attended (no, I never got to take a class from him, which is probably just as well!! lol) We have no children (got married to late to make that a reality), but have two dogs we love to death -- those little monsters!

Ok, I've blabbed on and on......I hope this gave you a little insite into who I am. I'm looking forward to getting to know as many of you as I can as well.....take care!

Hi All,

I went yesterday for my consult with Dr. Olsen in Nashville and he scheduled me for July 16. I have my pre-op testing on July 11. Of course I'm self pay so don't have to jump through any hoops for that. I'm scared, yet excited. He didn't mention any pre-op diet.

Hi thanks ofr doing the stats thing. I would love to do ths but I too don't have a clue as to how to do it. I'm not too adept at this computer thing, but would love to learn. Thanks , Caolyn

Chimboree, thanks for the Id info. I figured it had to be something about a stomach tube. I never thought about the ID Bracelet, but it is a great idea, especially when they make so cute, and they just look like a fashion bracelet. Who suggested it to you? Your Dr, surgeon, etc? On the one site I went to it listed bariatric surgery patients as someone who should wear the ID. My Dr. or surgeon never mentioned it.

Hello all,

So I'm off to the hospital for my Pre-op testing. Only 3 days from surgery. I've got the butterflies going already. I'll let you know how it goes later today.

Welcome to all new members. I'll have to print out an updated calendar with all the newer names on it.

Laurend - I would love to be added to your stats sheet, but I haven't a clue how to do a PM on this site yet. Can I just give you my stats here? Yes? No? Ok, thanks (lol) 5'7, 321 lbs. Thanks a lot for doing this!
I've got you added to the spreadsheet. Tomorrow (or next week, for the next update posting, if you want to wait until then), if you want to PM me with your updated weight, just click on my username in one of my posts and select "send a private message." If you post in the thread, I'll probably catch it, but I can't guarantee it.

Good luck!

Ckbw, I've got you added to the spreadsheet, if you would like to post or PM me your height and weight.

Good Morning All,

The date is almost here, I have finished all the pre testing, had my last visit with the Surgeon and am down 8 lbs since saturday on the pre liquid diet....I guess I'm lucky causeI I only have hunger 3 specific times a day, aprox 2 hours after I eat, then I drink some Water and it stopps! I realy thought I'd be in liquid diet HELL!!!! but it hasent been to bad.

I will report to the hospital Tuesday morning @ 8 and sugerys @ 10 I'm planning to work the day before to keep my mind off the impending day of renewal!

I will be sent home that day and am taking the rest of the week off, hopfully I will be back to work the folowing monday.

I realy apreciate all of you here on this segment of Lapband talk, I lurk way more than I post.....but I feel like I know all of you and am proud to learn and share with you!

I'm sooo blessed to NOT have all this pre-op testing...I swear there's been more blood shed by this group of folks than at Normandy! And most of us haven't even had surgery yet! What's with this pre-op blood bath!

GOOD NEWS! After suffering all week, I weighed myself this morning and found I am NINE pounds down! I was weighing my self everyday for the first 2 days and was discouraged so I took a couple of days off and low and behold....WEIGHT LOSS! This Adkins think seems to work! Although I am SICK of meat! I paid for my surgery this morning...I'm ready to go! WAHOO!

Caolin - My husband went to KayHi...big 'ol wrestling champ and class President (he's so cool!). Graduated in '94. Anyhoo...his brother married into the Thomas family (Cedars, Silver King, and now Clover Pass Resort)...it's good to have those family ties! And, incidentally, I've been to Ketchikan SEVERAL times and it only rained once!

Blood work for me too... six vials this morning. I was about to pass out when I left the hospital. But I know it's all worth it for better health in the long run.

So I'm really excited this morning. I'm on the two week liquid diet and am doing better. I've also lost 5 pounds on it this week!! It's exciting to see the weight come off and I'm really looking forward to seeing what's to come. :mad:

It's hard to believe that my surgery is only 9 1/2 days away.

Here are some of my goals:

1. To run a mile by this time next year (which I've never done).

2. To be there for my kids (when we have them) and not feel left out of things because of my weight.

3. To be able to shop in normal stores and out of the plus sizes.

4. To have the option to actually shop in Victoria's Secret.

5. To improve my sex life.

6. To feel better about myself (clothed & un-clothed)!

I know I have more, but that's all I can think of right now. :D