Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Steph, 1st hang in there, 2nd Michael needs a short leash for a while. Having been in a similar situation with DD#5, she had to be with an adult at all times. I actually bribed a friend to 'babysit' when she couldn't be with me. Part of what is going on may be a result of him missing you since you were gone, although he'd die before admitting it. He needs to pay back the money, he may need a lock put on his door and window. I think you have a built in kettle korn slave for next weekend. YOU ARE NOT BEING THE WORST PARENT OUT THERE. You may need to have a conversation with Michael regarding the options should he continue making these choices. I actually searched and found a facility that would come and collect a destructive child within 24 hours of a request to take them to a residential facility. Fortunately I didn't need to use it, but I was prepared. Research your options. Talk with Jeff about you both spending time with Michael without the little ones. He may need some additional one on one time. hang in there, let me know what I could do to help, I wish I could come up next weekend to help with the fair. Sorry.

Denise: I am so sorry to hear about your Fatherinlaws passing. I can't think of any comforting words that have not already been said and there isn't anything that I can say to ease the pain.

I'm just going to send you HUGS and LOVE and hope that youll have lots of family around you in this sad time to even out the sorrows.

Love C

Denise, as Steph said...think of the good memories as you go through this difficult day. Especially think and share the funny ones. Make this day a day of celebration of your father in law's life. God be with you and your family to make the day and the many days ahead easier.

So ladies, make sure you share the Canada pics!!! Naturally you had a fabulous time, we who were left were exceedingly jealous.

Today is baking day, tomorrow packing day, and then head to DD#2 to quilt for 5 days. Somewhere in there I have to find my bedroom and finish the kitchen. The vet is suppose to stop by either today or tomorrow to give everyone their immunizations. My vet is the sweetest lady, think mature hippie. She is a traveling vet rather than having an office. She says she has always loved a good road trip. She always plays with everyone after their shots so they remember her as a 'friend'.

You all have a good day.

Good evening SEVENS!!!

We the last travelers have gotten away home... took Mel and Linda to the plane at 1 p.m. this aft...

It was SO sad to see everyone go... we had such a great time and strengthened our friendships even more... As Kari said... wonderful fellowship...

She headed off by car at around 9 a.m. so hopefully she should be getting home to Michigan by now...

Mel and Linda should be home by now too and Phyl is back in Buffalo with her family for some more visiting before she heads back west home...

Next year, you guys just CAN"T miss the re-union... we had a blast..

HUGS, Peaches (aka Candice)

Poor Janet had to get up and leave at 4 a.m. to catch her plane.. We were all going to get up and say goodbye but the darned Airport shuttle picked her up 10 mins. early and my alarm didn't go off until 4.a.m. and When Peter woke me up the VAN was just pulling out of the driveway...

SORRY JANET!!!

First, "Bye Janet :lol: " We were soooo dissapointed when we realized that you were gone and we didn't get a chance to say good bye! We love you, girl, and we'll miss you a bunch! I tried calling you from chicago but I must have the wrong number in my phone--it wouldn't go through. It's too late to try now--you have to be exausted--hopefully sound asleep and I don't want to wake you up. Hopefully you'll check in in the morning and know that we were sending good wishes to you all day.

Janet, Phyl and Tracy, Candice, and Karri: Thanks for a great weekend! It was memorable in so many ways :smile2: Whenever I hear Elvis or hear someone end a sentence with "aye?" I will think of our weekend in Canada!

OK. I'm beat! We had good flights home, but I am drained. Off to bed.

First, "Bye Janet :( " We were soooo dissapointed when we realized that you were gone and we didn't get a chance to say good bye! We love you, girl, and we'll miss you a bunch! I tried calling you from chicago but I must have the wrong number in my phone--it wouldn't go through. It's too late to try now--you have to be exausted--hopefully sound asleep and I don't want to wake you up. Hopefully you'll check in in the morning and know that we were sending good wishes to you all day.

Janet, Phyl and Tracy, Candice, and Karri: Thanks for a great weekend! It was memorable in so many ways :crying: Whenever I hear Elvis or hear someone end a sentence with "aye?" I will think of our weekend in Canada!

O.k. Eh???

OK. I'm beat! We had good flights home, but I am drained. Off to bed.

Tracy, you were an absolute doll :smile2: Loved meeting you!

Sorry about all the blasted RAIN :lol:

Details, Steph? That's easy......BUSY, BUSY, BUSY. What else can I say? It was indescribable, extremely fun and the fellowship was priceless. Who needs Mastercard? We Lucky Sevens are PRICELESS!!!! Wawhoo-o-o!!!! Had a grat ride home. Took my time and stopped and did some shopping on the way home. Got home about 7:30 and it weas 80 degrees and SUNNY!! Yes, sunny. But it's sposed to rain the next couple days. Who cares that we were all starting to sprout algae out our ears. We still had tons of fun. Thanks again Candice, You guys are GREAT!!! (can we come back?)

Karla - have fun with your quilting week. Sure wish you could have seen Candace's quilts. they are beautiful. The thing I want to know is How the heck do you guys get your Protein to 50 & 60? Damn, I read the labels and it seems like I'm lucky if I reach 20.

I gotta go. Still have tons to go thru here on the computer and it is getting pretty late. So, I hope all of you guys are safe and sound at home and tucked in all nice and compfy.

Just lost my post....damn, here is the short version.

Steph, let me join you in the jealousy car!

Finished deep clean on the kitchen, took 3 hours to hands & knee scrubs

DD#5 got home from Creation, and now is sick. A couple of the other kids had mono and now she is achy and a very sore throat. So will need to get her to First Care before I leave tomorrow. This winter when she got sick with pneumonia & the flu, they put her on erythemicin & penicillan. She ended up with a bad reaction but the docs didn't know which of the meds caused it. So we will just have to see. I will still probably go, but I may end up rushing home if she has trouble with reaction. Her sister should be able to handle it.

Here is my new ticker;

weight.png

Lost 3 more pounds!!

Kira regarding Protein, I either have yogurt or an egg for Breakfast, some kind of chicken salad or cottage cheese for lunch. Solid protein, salmon, chicken, or a small piece of steak. Today I had trouble with PB, first time in 1 1/2 months. so I ended up having a Protein Bar today.

Glad most of you are home safe and sound.

Steph, Karla, Kari, Denise: You were constantly in our thoughts last weekend. We tosted you on several occasions, and wished you were with us. Next year guys. . . OK here are some things that come to mind: Candice and Peter were awsome hosts. They so went out of their way to make us feel welcome. Candice had meals planned and kept baiting us about a surpirse on Saturday night. She had rooms all ready for us, wine in the fridge, and a wonderful dinner on the table when we got there Thursday evening (thanks to Phyl and Karri who got there befrore us and put everything in the oven) We sat and chatted awhile and then Candice showed us her quilting stuff and tried to explain it to us. Candice is a natural teacher a great story teller, and even better singer. Kinda like Mary Poppins: "Perfect in every way!"--eh? (she says "Eh?" or "Right?" at the end of her sentences--it's a Canadian thing. . .). I think we got to bed around 1 am?? I don't remember--we did drink a lot of wine.

Oh gosh, what else? We had a tour of Wasaga Beach--a beautiful sandy beach. Not warm enough to go swimming, or even just sit in the sand, but so beautiful to look at. Then we drove into the "mountains" and saw a georgous view of the whole bay. That was followed by a shopping excursion to a ski resort area Blue Mountain Ski Resort, Ontario, Canada

We spent the rest of the evening at the Elvis festival, had dinner, and drank more wine and chatted on Candice's deck.

I didn't take pics. Hopefully others will post theirs soon. I'll let someone else pick up the story here--gotta run. . .

Good Morning!

I joined the yogurt/Kashi Go Lean club today..very good!

An absolutely stupendous weekend in Canada!

Yep... up until 1-1:30 a.m. pretty much every night!

The Saturday night "surprise" was WONDERUL!!

John Weston, friend of Peter's was there when we got back from an afternoon of shopping at the mall and the two of them were set up in the living room for a "concert". They delighted us with jazz/blues, etc all evening and it was GREAT! Candice joined them singing a couple of times... "Georgia", etc. What a sweet voice she has!! And John gave us a little education about jazz and various musicians intermixed with the music. We LOVED it!

Sunday morning we went to "Elvis Church" in a hockey arena! The ice was covered up with a fake floor, but it was still cold and damp in there. (Take with a grain of salt as I am ALWAYS cold!) There were four Elvis impersonators singing Elvis gospel songs and a lady Anglican minister who gave us a little message. It was terrific! Then we went to Tim Horton's for coffee and a bite to eat and several of the Elvis guys showed up there! In fact, we saw Elvis guys all weekend and had our picture taken with one on Friday night.

After "church", Candice took us up to Eugenia Falls... beautiful spot. Took more pictures. Then we went back to the house so Tracy & I could pick up our (rental) car. Then we headed to Barrie Ontario. Peter and his combo were playing in a sports bar there from 2-5 pm. It seemed a little loud to me when we first got in there, but I soon adjusted to the volume and thoroughly enjoyed their music. It was quite different from Saturday night, but fun. DD, Tracy noted that after a drink we were all dancing in our chairs! She's been telling my sisters all about our crazy weekend and how she caved in to peer pressure and wore her black and white Elvis t-shirt all around the mall Saturday afternoon feeling very conspicuous! LOL! We bought matching Elvis shirts and we'll be posting photos of our various group shots, including some in the Elvis shirts!

And, I don't want to talk about lunch and the green Beans, but Tracy has been telling everyone who will listen tha ALL of us took turns running to the bathroom off and on all weekend! I told her that's not typical but we were all so excited to be together that we were talking while we were eating and not paying attention to what we were doing. So we were eating too fast and not chewing properly. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

Tracy and I left for Buffalo a little after 4pm on Sunday, after having a little lunch in our tummies. Sports bar food was delicious. We drove most of the way home in driving rain, much like our trip north!! But we're having a little sunshine today so we're heading to Niagara Falls in an hour or so, with one of my sisters and I think one of her daughters.

Good Morning Gang

Oh I am crying ready Linda/Phyl/Candice/Kari's post... I miss you guys so much..

Linda as I told Candice last night - I am glad you guys weren't awake #1 didn't want to wake you just to cry :0) #2 I really hate saying good bye - even if it's not good bye but see you later - I really wish I could have you all in my everyday life in person - not just the internet -

OMG I'm glad I am the only one on this side of this office cuz I have tears running down my face right now

Denise Hugs & Prayers on your FIL passing...

Well gang I gotta get busy - tons of emails 70 to do - I haven't even ck'd my own won't til tonite

I took a sleeping pill around 8 - fell asleep around 9 and slept til 5 this a.m. - Ya dragging butt a bit - but it was all worth it...

I will post pic's tonite..

Love you all !!!

Here is the ticket that was suppose to be there yesterday.

weight.png

Wow ladies, what a weekend. Love it, but I'm thinking you all owe me a margaritta......

Phyl, I add some frozen blueberries to my kashi GoLean. It adds a little sweet and gives another texture.

The vet stops by today to immunize the babies. Poor Jordan Alpha 1 is having trouble with his allergies so he is going to have to be drugged up so he stops chewing himself up. Simon Alpha 2, okay he really is at the bottom rung even below the cat, has a little weight issue, so I'm sure that will come up. He is such a sensitive guy. Miss Molly, Princess Alpha 3, but really 2, seems to have developed a bowlegged appearance in the hindlegs. Hopefully nothing to worry about. My vet is so sweet, she is stopping on her way through florence when she is taking her mom to lunch for her birthday. How many vets do you know that will do that!

Okay, I am going to try to post my virtual model, before and after on Facebook, so check it out.

I will be out of touch until Monday. I'm not bringing my computer to DD#2, well at least I don't think I am, but it is subject to change.

If I don't post, know you are all in my heart. Candice, you and I definitely need to get together for a quilt chat!!!

dang my ticker still didn't work!! weight 192!!