Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Well, beautiful day in Buffalo yesterday, but then the rain started! It's dark and rainy this morning so we're just sitting around in our jammies! Not motivated to get moving yet. Seattle is going to have the hottest day so far this year and we're a little sad to be missing it!

Looking forward to the weekend but looks like we could be spending a lot of it inside!

Good visit with a dozen of Earl's relatives yesterday... two brothers, two sisters, one niece and her family.... plus my Mom & Uncle. Then went out to my other sister's, then she came here to this sister's and we sat on the porch drinking vino! Homemade Black Cherry Chianti and strawberry Zinfandel! Yummy!

Safe driving PHYL! & Kari - I have a bottle of wine on the counter just waiting for you, Tracy & Kari.....now it's not "just a buck chuck" but I think it will do in a 'pinch'.

We'll get home from the airport as quick as we can, so just remember.... Mia Casa is YOUR casa!!

Janet is on her plane right now!!! Linda and Mell will be heading out soon..

:thumbup:

Nine more pages and we reach 1000!

Ladies have a good time! Think of us, it is suppose to be in the 100's all week, bleck.

Calories yesterday 1073. That works. The previous few days have been between 700 - 1000. Too hot to eat much. I'm loving the waffle & poached egg thing, thanks Janet.

Going to see Harry Potter this afternoon, and then go to costco to get some salmon and stuff.

Almost finished the kitchen deep clean, got all the pantries done and organized. Had to throw a heck of a lot of canned goods out, dated 2007-08. Shows how long it has been since I cooked. I even cut down the bar stools 3 inches, now we can sit at the bar and actually be able to reach the food. Man I love power tools, arararh. All I need to do is scrub the floor, all those corners and creases. My new favorite tool...the Sonic Scrubber with assorted heads. A man definitely built my kitchen, first the cabinets are white, 2nd they have an upper lip that catches every crumb and drip.

Well, have fun in Canada. Steph, we definitely need to be on the next trip. Can I come and be your Kettle Korn slave to earn some funds for the trip?

Nine more pages and we reach 1000!

Ladies have a good time! Think of us, it is suppose to be in the 100's all week, bleck.

Calories yesterday 1073. That works. The previous few days have been between 700 - 1000. Too hot to eat much. I'm loving the waffle & poached egg thing, thanks Janet.

Going to see Harry Potter this afternoon, and then go to costco to get some salmon and stuff.

Almost finished the kitchen deep clean, got all the pantries done and organized. Had to throw a heck of a lot of canned goods out, dated 2007-08. Shows how long it has been since I cooked. I even cut down the bar stools 3 inches, now we can sit at the bar and actually be able to reach the food. Man I love power tools, arararh. All I need to do is scrub the floor, all those corners and creases. My new favorite tool...the Sonic Scrubber with assorted heads. A man definitely built my kitchen, first the cabinets are white, 2nd they have an upper lip that catches every crumb and drip.

Well, have fun in Canada. Steph, we definitely need to be on the next trip. Can I come and be your Kettle Korn slave to earn some funds for the trip?

So that means that there are 4 of us to fill 9 pages in 3 days. Think we can do it? give them a bunch to read!

Bake sale tomorrow. I have too much yummy food sitting around me. Obviously my disease is not in remission...I'm still an addict that one smell sends into a downward spiral. Dammit!!! I'll control myself but it is hard. Good thing I'm so tight. Not even these sweets would make it through.

Karla, you can come be my Kettle Corn Queen whenever you wish. You just let me know when you want to be here and we will find somewhere to set up. You can still come next week to help me out at the fair....I'm tellin you! I'd love to have you. Just pop on over whenever you want.

Okay...gonna go. Talk to you later. Hope the ladies are having fun.

Well calories sucked today. 2/3 a steak quesadilla, 2/3 fruitista, movie popcorn, costco nonfat frozen yogurt. I'm at 1000cals and haven't had dinner. So, I'm going to just accept it and go over for today. I thought the steak quesadilla was a good choice, not when I got home and looked up the cals, no excuse for the fruitista or frozen yogurt or popcorn. But most of the week was under 1000, mainly around 800, just haven't felt like eating. So next time I will have .... okay lets admit it, I have home under control, but eating out is still hard. So I will probably finish up at about 1300 for today. Could be worse, I really wanted cheesy fries and a diet coke.

Steph, are you talking about the weekend of August 1st? I am at my daughters in Idaho Fallss that weekend. If it is the weekend after that, we could work something out.

managed to keep my cals for the day at 1200. Had some shrimp and brocolli slaw. Even had some cherries. Well, have to work tomorrow and Sunday.

Good morning everyone!!!

Just had some Kashi & yogurt with frozen blueberries. Not bad, nice and full for just over 200 cals.

think of me out there watering plants in the heat at work.

Okay Ladies, this is beginning to look like a one-man show!!

Worked, came home, took shower, took nap, ate cherries, brocolli slaw, and a gardenburger for dinner. I'm sitting at about 800 cals, so I can have a snack later. Although, I want to know what I'm doing eating 2 cups of cherries for, dang I love them. If I could get cherries, nectorines, watermelon, & strawberries all year round I would be a twig. Oh well, that's life.

So Steph, why do you want to give Michael away? I lived through Alexa, so I can imagine some of the 'fun' things he may be doing to drive you nuts. Hang in there.

Steph, question...since I am not drinking Protein Drinks, I'm not getting my Protein up like I should, it's hitting around 40 to 50. Is that going to be good enough?

HELLLLOOOOOO!!!

Calories yesterday..911.. sounds ominous.

I head out on Tuesday afternoon to my DD#2 who lives in Idaho Falls. We are going to do 5 days of quilting. My only concern, well heck, it's not a concern because I know I'm going to have it...A Sonic fruit slushie, strawberry. I KNOW it is not good, but instead of having one EVERY day while I'm there, I'm having one. That being said, I just looked up the calories for the Route 44 size, my normal day long drink....650 calories. So, IF I reduce my calories for 6 days to 900.... I'm still having one, maybe just not the Route 44 size, yep it is 44 ounces of pure icy bliss. Love the darn things. Not what I should have...but I'm willing to trade 6 days of lower calories, plus, everyday that I'm at DD#2 we will be walking for about 1 hour. DD#2 is almost 6 feet tall, and walks like a sprinter, my short legs have to really work to keep up. Yep, this sounds like a horrid rational. You all may slap me at will, but this is like my line in the sand. If I can't have a splurge once in a while, it becomes a diet and not a way of life. Okay, I've almost convinced myself, how about the rest of you?

Anyway, while I'm gone, I don't know if I will be able to get on the internet. I will try to post some pictures either here or on Facebook. I can't wait for 5 days of quilting bliss!!

Hey look what I found...a way to show your image with a virtual model. If I knew how to insert pics I'd show you, but here is the link.

My Virtual Model Community - Shop for Looks

Cals so far today, 834, I have enough left for an evening snack, whohoooo.

Okay, so I guess I am the lone poster....but hey, I managed to fill a whole page by myself.

Tomorrow, I need to make shortbread dipped in dark & white chocolate and cranberry hazelnut biscotti dipped in white chocolate and ground hazelnuts. Calories,,, to high to even think about it. I won't be eating them, but taking them to my daughter's for quilting Snacks. But I will eat fruit & Jerky.< /p>

Hope you all get home safe and sound.

Karla- Good job filling in the page.

Did you see Harry Potter? Did you like it?

Both my kids saw it, or what say what they said till you say your opinion first.

Good thing I hadn't planned on going to Canada with everyone. My father in law passed away on Friday. The funeral is tomorrow morning. I was supposed to go to a conference for school this weekend and had to cancel. He had been sick for awhile with prostrate cancer that spread. He would have been 86 at the end of Aug.

Denise, I'm so sorry on your father in law's passing. We lost my father in law about 8 years ago, way after his son & I were divorced, but it was still hard, we were close even after his son was out of my life. He had lung cancer, same as my father's.

I did like Harry Potter, but it wasn't very close to the book. If you hadn't read the book you pretty much be lost. It wasn't as good as the others, but I still enjoyed it.

Hi everyone. Sorry I've been MIA... busy with baking and kettle corn....and my dear darling son is trying to drive me batty again.

So here is his latest. Last week, around Tuesday, he asked if I would take him to Circle to meet this girl he has been texting. Well, circle is 2 1/2 hours away from here. He wanted me to take him there, come home, and in a few hours come pick him up. I'm sure you can imagine the look I gave him...and then told him he was insane. So then he asked his dad...because I was being unreasonable. This turned ugly and we were the worst parents on the planet. There was absolutely no reasoning with the child. So...we left it at, "your nuts, it's not happening, goodnight." Well...on Friday Jeff comes home and tells me that a friend said Michael was waiting on his porch for his daughter at 130am whichever night that was wondering if SHE would take him to circle. Then he asked some other adults....yet I was the unreasonable one. So....after he gets off work I tell him that I know what he did and he has 30 minutes to come clean with me. If he does so his honesty will be taken into consideration. He looks at me like I'm crazy. Tells me how good he has been. Says I must not know what I'm talking about. Again, I give him 30 minutes and walk away. Well...lets just say that evening ended with him leaving the house in a huff....well...I told him to get the hell out....and me getting a phone call from this woman telling me where he was and that she was talking to him trying to calm him down, that he was scared and upset. So....Saturday morning I get up and am getting ready to set up kettle corn. Realized that I hadn't gotten change for a change box and went to my stash....had about $400 put away for a rainy day...for my Canada trip or Mexico or something....and guess what? There are about 10 nickles and some pennies there. He has taken it ALL! And yet, when I get angry, I'M being unreasonable. So I grounded him for life....actually a month...and last night he throws another holy fit about how horrible a mother I am and how much he hates me and how he's LEAVING. Are you kidding me? Anyways...that's why I'm trying to get rid of Michael. Anyone wanting a challenge is more than welcome. Willing to pay child support. Just get him out of my world. After all, I AM the worst mother in the world.

Okay....I'm beat. The kettle corn business was rather slow, but still made $700. Put 2 away for expenses and then split the rest between komen and the swim team. I'm thrilled. Also a little scared that the fair this week might kill me. It's a B&^$% stirring that stuff. Hot and heavy! But it was fun and I loved it.

So...since I haven't slept Friday night or Saturday night and worked out in the sun the last 2 days...I'm too tired to think and am going to go to bed. Love you ladies.

I hope the Canada crew had a tremendous time. So very jealous. Not sure what the story is with Phyl and green Beans but sure we will find out.

Karla, try to get your Protein to 60. You'll find yourself staying fuller longer and having more energy. Some days it will be a stretch, but the more often you are that high the better you will feel.

Okay...bed. Night ladies.

Oops....forgot the most important one....

Denise, I'm so sorry that you lost your Father In Law. If his battle with cancer was anything like my dad's, it is a blessing that he was released to the angels and is now in a pain free world. I hope you are able to grieve and then see the beauty of his life. I'll have you and your family in my prayers. Bless you all.