Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Linda, Phyl, Janet & Kari.... one more sleep!!!

I keep checking the weather reports.... 70% chance that is WON'T RAIN ON OUR PARADE

196! 11 pounds for July?!!! Clothes too loose? I wouldn't call that a plateau! Good job!!!! One trick I learned is not to weigh in too often. Sometimes when you weigh every day or even several times a week is that you percieve a plateau when in fact you're still loosing overall. It's not a linear thing. You can weigh the same for days, and then all of a sudden the scale moves 2 or 3 pounds. Like everything else, we tend to focus on the negative and minimize the positive.

I hope we don't get too much into a health care and political discussion. Being in the medical profession, and working at a free clinic that serves the uninsured, I have a different perspective. Some of the things that I hear that are in the current plan scare me, and I don't understand the urgency with wich this over 1000 page document is being pushed through without time or opportunity for open debate and discussion. I do feel strongly about this, but I don't want it to come between me and some of my very bestest friends in the world!

Thank you Candice & Linda, I needed some movement on the scale, well I could also use a different type of movement, but hopefully some coffee will get the old digestive track moving. I know TMI, but I must have shy bowels, doesn't like anything but it's own thrown.

Linda, I agree, I know we need something to change with our health care system, but I don't want anything rushed and I don't want to have us spend too much time debating it. My daughter who is the PA watched the program mentioned and found it to be very interesting. So that's my last word on the state of our health care.

Hi ladies. I hope you all had a great night. I'm getting more and more jealous that you all are getting ready to get moving towards Canada. Have a fabulous time!

I slept for a long time. Didn't get up until after 9. I had very odd dreams and my body hurt when I got up. I guess I must have had more stress on my mind than I had thought. I have upset tummy this morning. Cramps up high. I hope i'm not getting sick. I think they will go away. Or at least I hope so.

I have a million things to do today and since I didn't do any of them yesterday I can't put it off today. It was nice to take a day off yesterday. I guess I can only go go go for so many days and then I crash. I don't know why I can get so much done when I'm away from home but when I'm here I don't seem to have any ambition. it's very frustrating.

The county sanitarian is coming on Friday to look at my kettle corn business and get me licensed so that I can sell this weekend. I'm not sure what I'm going to do for the fair. I want to do kettle corn but I already have my pink ribbon booth. I just don't know. I have to figure it out.

Karla, I told you that you would drop a bunch at one time and not to stress about it, didn't I? Don't worry about it when you stay at a weight for a couple of weeks. Your body is just adjusting. I have read reports that people who lose, level, lose, level, tend to have more staying loss. Your body is resetting itself. Don't let it get to you. And your losses for the month are amazing.

I too have concerns about the health care bill but I also have excitement. There are pros and cons for every bill that is out there. It is a scary but exciting time. I hope we can all respect each other during the debates. We all have different perspectives because of how we live and where we are in the world.

Just to add my situation. I pay $600 a month for coverage for my family. That does not include dental or vision. We have a $3000 deductible. My back surgery cost us a total of $6000 between the emergency room, doctors, anestesia, hospital...all that stuff. I don't know exactly how that works, but it's what I paid. Then we pay 50% of scrips until we covered our scrip deductible and now we pay $25 each for the more expensive ones. When I was teaching my school paid about $600 of my over $1000 family policy. The deductible was less and it covered more than my current policy. So that the school could pay so much of our insurance, we took less in pay raises each year. Insurance premiums went from $650 a month 8 years ago to over $1000 a month this year. Actually I think this year the premiums for a family are almost $1200.

Okay...off to get something done. Have a great day ladies.

Just had an 'EatingRight' low cal waffle (100), poached egg, 1.5 tsp of Peanut Butter, SF maple Syrup. Total cals...about 260. I can live with that, tasted okay. Actually the waffle was pretty good, but I wanted tons of peanut butter.

Well better sign off for right now. Chat later.

I certainly don't want to offend anyone with my opinion on U.S. healthcare... after all it really isn't any of my business.

But I do follow politics on both sides of the border and Kari (Michigan) asked my opinion and wanted to know about the Canadian system..

We all come from different places and different attitudes. I know we can all respect each other ideas and values... it just makes us all a little more interesting.

:lol:

Good Morning Gang

Just a quick check in... Trying to get desk cleaned up for being gone 3 days - boss just got in hope he leaves me the hell alone..

Tonite gym, bank, cat food - she is about to run out - Andrew wants more hot links - packing (I have already changed what I am taking - last night moved things around - got the swimsuit out - candice do you think we are going to need them??)

Need to make a to do list for me so I don't forget anything (like my passport)

Then make a to do list for Andrew - when and what to feed my animals..

Karla - Congrats on the weight loss - You are doing super !!!

Steph - hopefully they will drop the whole thing..

can't seem to get my TICKER into my signature properly... can someone give me a clue?

weight.png

Edited by peaches9

O.K. i THINK i GOT IT TO WORK?:lol:

I'm comming from Wisconsin where we think 70 is warm enought to swim in Lake MIchigan, and I'm NOT packing a bathing suit!

I'm comming from Wisconsin where we think 70 is warm enought to swim in Lake MIchigan, and I'm NOT packing a bathing suit!

Oh that's o.k.... but if you change your mind I can always loan you one of mine :)

weather report sucks!!! so I am planning a list of Rainy Day activities!:lol:

Ya I looked it's suppose to rain the whole weekend what I gathered - temps 75 but feels like 85 cuz of the humidity - so I don't think I am going to back a suit either - just cuz why - if the weather say rain

Candice, don't worry yourself too much it will be just nice to be together - hell you have a Wii we can have teams and do competitions :0) - Play cards - you can teach us how to quilt - and what's a little Water - when it rains there does it rain all day - or just on / off missing...

I saw some picture of wasaga beach looks like a beautiful green area - I want to go for a walk... I might just pack my umbrella instead of a swim suit..

Phyl - do you have your scooter??? How was your trip..

I just tried to do on line check in but can't cuz it's an international flight - will have to ck in at the air port to show my passport...

oh well - gotta be at the airport around 6ish in the morning - 12 hrs of travel time - well 11. 40 minutes - but doesn't 12 hours sound more dramtic !!!!

I am the most miles away aren't I - Phyl's closer to Canada than I am even though we are both on the west coast.

Having pork tenderloin for lunch

Same here, Janet. Just tried and couldn't print the boarding passes. . . What time do you leave Palm Springs? Oh, Oh, Oh, tomorrow at this time we'll be there ! I sure wish Steph was comming and Kari, and Karla. . . Next year. . . NO EXCUSES!

Ya I looked it's suppose to rain the whole weekend what I gathered - temps 75 but feels like 85 cuz of the humidity - so I don't think I am going to back a suit either - just cuz why - if the weather say rain

Candice, don't worry yourself too much it will be just nice to be together - hell you have a Wii we can have teams and do competitions :0) - Play cards - you can teach us how to quilt - and what's a little Water - when it rains there does it rain all day - or just on / off missing...

Na, I am not worried, just thinking up some alternatives... there are wonderful woodland paths to walk, or walking along the beach... I have 4 umbrellas

I don't think it will be a HEAVY rain, probably like an on and off drizzle. And yo are right, none of us will melt!!

I forgot about the Wii, you are right about that! Also, got lots of games, cards etc...

There is Kareoke in Collingwood and a lot of the Elvis attactions are INDOORS, like a Gospel Chapel affair on Sunday morning... All the Elvii singing the old gospel stuff, I thought Phyl would really like that and Linda too.

I saw some picture of wasaga beach looks like a beautiful green area - I want to go for a walk... I might just pack my umbrella instead of a swim suit..

Phyl - do you have your scooter??? How was your trip.. I am pretty sure Phyl is bringing her scooter from Buffalo

I just tried to do on line check in but can't cuz it's an international flight - will have to ck in at the air port to show my passport...

oh well - gotta be at the airport around 6ish in the morning - 12 hrs of travel time - well 11. 40 minutes - but doesn't 12 hours sound more dramtic !!!!

I am the most miles away aren't I - Phyl's closer to Canada than I am even though we are both on the west coast.

Having pork tenderloin for lunch

We'll just be flexable! :):lol:

Same here, Janet. Just tried and couldn't print the boarding passes. . . What time do you leave Palm Springs? Oh, Oh, Oh, tomorrow at this time we'll be there ! I sure wish Steph was comming and Kari, and Karla. . . Next year. . . NO EXCUSES!

Kari is comming from Grand Rapids, Mich. which will be great as I didn't get to meet her last year at MOA..