Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Good Morning Gang ...

What can I say HOT HOT HOT I will be looking forward to the cooler weather - going to hate to see my A/C bill next month..

Karla - I understand your frustration.. Hugs - I guess I was just one of those lucky ones after my 2nd fill - I was there (sweet spot)and I had my Ah ha moment and all the yr of previous attempts at dieting the knowledge gained about the whole lifetime lifestyle change - I finally understood what they were talking about..

Have you ever done WW before - Take that knowledge and apply it with the help of the band - That's what I have done

IMHO WW is the most balance way of eating - but I guess I follow southbeach more cuz of the limited carbs - but I really don't know that much about southbeach and I don't count carbs in fruits or veggies - just starches..

Take it one day at a time - that's all you can do - Think before you eat and budget for those times when you know that your head hunger is going to get the best of you..

You have been losing weight - so it's not like you are gaining..

Well, I need to do something - oh ya food shop but not that much since I won't be here after Wed - But need food until then -

Janet, where my problems are right now is Portion Control. I'm still hungry. I haven't lost anything in over 2 weeks, I'm still stuck on the darn 200. I'm going to rework Breakfast and lunch. Tomorrow breakfast is going to be an egg with a little cheese and salsa. Lunch, I will make a piece of chicken. I'm hoping they will stick with me longer. Tomorrow night I have to drive to Helena and then be in meetings all day on Tuesday and drive home Tuesday night. Calories so far are 900, with snack it will be about 1000. For the most part I stick at around 1000 to 1100. But even keeping it at this level, I'm still not loosing. Protein today is about 60 g.

Steph, make sure you give us an update. Don't throw away any left over jars or crocks. I'd make a deal for them.

Hey does anybody know what type of Needle has to be used for injecting saline (or taking is out) ?

I am feeling really tight lately and I think I may be needing to have 1/2 cc removed...

I can get a Nurse girlfriend of mine to do it, but where do I get a needle? And can I just go up to any pharmacy and buy one???

Thanks Gang:lol:

Hey does anybody know what type of Needle has to be used for injecting saline (or taking is out) ?

I am feeling really tight lately and I think I may be needing to have 1/2 cc removed... I can get a Nurse girlfriend of mine to do it, but where do I get a needle? And can I just go up to any pharmacy and buy one??? Thanks Gang:lol:

That's just NUTS!! What if she accidentally punctures the tubing??? Don't even think about it! Don't you have a fill doctor or fill center you can go to???

Hey.... I notice everyone is flying in late Thurs. afternoon. I was thinking we'd leave Buffalo around noon but maybe that's too early then. We probably would have room in our rental car for one.... could pick up Janet if it would help. Or, if you have that all figured out... we should maybe plan to come a little later. I know it's about 90 miles from Buffalo to Toronto.. and we're probably 15 miles from downtown Buffalo...

so, say 100 miles at least, plus the distance from there to your place.

So how long do you think it will take us??

I better start writing my presentation for TOPS tomorrow morning.

So far all I have is three pictures on top of the page!

Before picture, now picture and picture of LapBand around a stomach!

I don't know quite how to start it, but I'll figure it out.

Have to incorporate WLS/LapBand, TOPS and personal journey in the weight loss world.

Edited by phyllser

Well, quiet day on LBT. This has been a long day. Work in the heat, came home cooked dinner, and DD#4 is babysitting a 12 month old who is teething. Man I don't miss those days. The baby is spending the night so it will be a very interrupted one since our house is small. Oh well, he is quite the cutie, and this is his parent's anniversary. He is a twin, but fortunately, we only have one.

See you all in the morning.

Oh Candice, I'm with Phyl, are you CRAZY!! Get thee to a doctor!

Good morning ladies. I just read everything. Just a very quick check in as I have a lot to do in the next 4 hours and then going to head out to get home late tonight.

The sale brought in $3000. More than I ever dreamed but amazing. I was hoping for half that.

Kettle corn, Candice, is cooked in a big kettle over an open flame. While it is popping you pour in sugar and it lightly coats the kernels. It's made with popcorn that pops up differently than every day popcorn. Then when it's done you salt it. It is very very good. I'll send some up. I have to say though that everyone's recipe is a little different and a lot of times it's super sweet and not good.

I have a fill needle for emergencies. My PA showed Jeff how to do it in case of one. I got it at my first fill appointment and it is still in the car. As tight as I am I wouldn't dream of letting him near me. Please give it serious serious thought before you attempt it. There are so many things that could go wrong. None of them worth losing your band over. But, you're a big girl and will do what you want. Just be careful. Hugs!!!

Okay....that's enough time here. I'll talk to you all on the other side of the state. I sure hope you all are getting excited for your trip!

Karla, have fun with the CRT items. Wish I could be there for math. Oh well!

Love you ladies!!!

Candice--They use a "Huber" needle. I don't think you can get one at the pharmacy--at least not in the USA. Huber needles are used when accesing ports because they prevent coring of the port which would cause damage to the membrane. Your PCP might be able to get ahold of them for you--or you might try a cancer center where they are giving chemotherapy drugs. It does seem to me, however, that accessing lap band ports is a little trickier than chemotherapy ports. They're imnplaned deeper, seen to move more, and there's more subcutaneous (fatty) tissue to deal with. Most chemo ports are on the upper chest and not difficult to access.

Yesterday was hard. DH, DS and DIL wanted to go to a county fair that had a demolition derby. OK fine, I don't care all that much, but I'm sick of sitting home alone while he does stuff, so I went along. Turned out that there was no room to sit in the bleachers, so we had to stand in a crowd of ppl that were smoking (sorry Janet, I can take it in small doese, but this was not small) drinking, loud, rude, foul-mouthed. The police would come from time to time and clear them out of the asiles and in front of the barriers, but as soon as the cops left, the ppl came right back. Anyway after an hour of that I got sick of it and decided to walk around the fair grounds. Already frustrated, tired of standing, and now hungry, and with plenty of cash, I "enjoyed" part of a Gyro, Nachos and cheese, and a cookie--oh yes, and a couple of Jack Daniel's and lemonaide. After all that, I went back and spent another hour watching cars try to hit each other. The wierd thing was how often they missed or slowed down just before impacting. It was a bore IMHO! So after 1 really good week, I screwed up again. OH well, Today's the first day. . .

Gotta go to work for a bit today to look up some info on students for a reference. Should be sunny this aft,--I might be able to sit on the deck and read a bit. Gotta start watering too in prep for being gone this weekend!

Good morning ladies. Hope you all had a good night. I plan on making an appointment with the fill doc today, hopefully will get in this week. Back to finishing deep cleaning the kitchen. I need to finish the house this week since I will be gone quilting all next week. The cool thing about the fill doc being in Kalispell....several quilt shops. oooh like I need to spend $$$.

Steph, congratulations on the sale, you made it!!! You are going on your 3-day!!!!!! How exciting. Of course I will be with you in spirit.

Linda, have 'fun' at work. I could send you some of our hot weather, I'm sick of it. I hate hot.

Janet, where my problems are right now is Portion Control. I'm still hungry. I haven't lost anything in over 2 weeks, I'm still stuck on the darn 200. I'm going to rework breakfast and lunch. Tomorrow breakfast is going to be an egg with a little cheese and salsa. Lunch, I will make a piece of chicken. I'm hoping they will stick with me longer. Tomorrow night I have to drive to Helena and then be in meetings all day on Tuesday and drive home Tuesday night. Calories so far are 900, with snack it will be about 1000. For the most part I stick at around 1000 to 1100. But even keeping it at this level, I'm still not loosing. Protein today is about 60 g.

Steph, make sure you give us an update. Don't throw away any left over jars or crocks. I'd make a deal for them.

Karla - sounds like a good plan - once you get your fill you should be able to drop your caloires to 800 one day then vary them - I know this worked for me - May or not work for you but worth a try..

Let us know when you call the doc !!!

I am feeling really tight lately and I think I may be needing to have 1/2 cc removed...

I can get a Nurse girlfriend of mine to do it, but where do I get a needle? And can I just go up to any pharmacy and buy one???

Thanks Gang:lol:

HELL NO !!! YOU CAN NOT UNFILL YOURSELF YOU ARE TIGHT CUZ YOU ARE STRESSING ABOUT ALL OF US DECENDING ON YOU !!!! THAT THE REASON

SO NO NO NO NO DO IT YOURSELF

UN-FILL

That's just NUTS!! What if she accidentally punctures the tubing??? Don't even think about it! Don't you have a fill doctor or fill center you can go to???

Hey.... I notice everyone is flying in late Thurs. afternoon. I was thinking we'd leave Buffalo around noon but maybe that's too early then. We probably would have room in our rental car for one.... could pick up Janet if it would help. Or, if you have that all figured out... we should maybe plan to come a little later. I know it's about 90 miles from Buffalo to Toronto.. and we're probably 15 miles from downtown Buffalo...

Have to incorporate WLS/LapBand, TOPS and personal journey in the weight loss world.

HAPPY 2 YR BAND ANNIVERSARY PHYL !!!!

You have done a great job !!!

Can't wait to hear how your meeting went today - What a great thing to do on your 2 yrs band birrthady

Good morning ladies. I just read everything. Just a very quick check in as I have a lot to do in the next 4 hours and then going to head out to get home late tonight.

The sale brought in $3000. More than I ever dreamed but amazing. I was hoping for half that.

Kettle corn, Candice, is cooked in a big kettle over an open flame. While it is popping you pour in sugar and it lightly coats the kernels. It's made with popcorn that pops up differently than every day popcorn. Then when it's done you salt it. It is very very good. I'll send some up. I have to say though that everyone's recipe is a little different and a lot of times it's super sweet and not good.

I have a fill needle for emergencies. My PA showed Jeff how to do it in case of one. I got it at my first fill appointment and it is still in the car. As tight as I am I wouldn't dream of letting him near me. Please give it serious serious thought before you attempt it. There are so many things that could go wrong. None of them worth losing your band over. But, you're a big girl and will do what you want. Just be careful. Hugs!!!

Okay....that's enough time here. I'll talk to you all on the other side of the state. I sure hope you all are getting excited for your trip!

Karla, have fun with the CRT items. Wish I could be there for math. Oh well!

Love you ladies!!!

Oh I didn't know it was a diff kind of popcorn.. I am glad you aren't trying to do your own unfill ^_^

Glad to hear your sale went so well..

Candice--They use a "Huber" needle. I don't think you can get one at the pharmacy--at least not in the USA. Huber needles are used when accesing ports because they prevent coring of the port which would cause damage to the membrane. Your PCP might be able to get ahold of them for you--or you might try a cancer center where they are giving chemotherapy drugs. It does seem to me, however, that accessing lap band ports is a little trickier than chemotherapy ports. They're imnplaned deeper, seen to move more, and there's more subcutaneous (fatty) tissue to deal with. Most chemo ports are on the upper chest and not difficult to access.

Yesterday was hard. DH, DS and DIL wanted to go to a county fair that had a demolition derby. OK fine, I don't care all that much, but I'm sick of sitting home alone while he does stuff, so I went along. Turned out that there was no room to sit in the bleachers, so we had to stand in a crowd of ppl that were smoking (sorry Janet, I can take it in small doese, but this was not small) drinking, loud, rude, foul-mouthed. The police would come from time to time and clear them out of the asiles and in front of the barriers, but as soon as the cops left, the ppl came right back. Anyway after an hour of that I got sick of it and decided to walk around the fair grounds. Already frustrated, tired of standing, and now hungry, and with plenty of cash, I "enjoyed" part of a Gyro, Nachos and cheese, and a cookie--oh yes, and a couple of Jack Daniel's and lemonaide. After all that, I went back and spent another hour watching cars try to hit each other. The wierd thing was how often they missed or slowed down just before impacting. It was a bore IMHO! So after 1 really good week, I screwed up again. OH well, Today's the first day. . .

Gotta go to work for a bit today to look up some info on students for a reference. Should be sunny this aft,--I might be able to sit on the deck and read a bit. Gotta start watering too in prep for being gone this weekend!

Linda you did good all week - and you were at a fair where there are NO healthy choice- you enjoyed yourself you are living life - today is a new day... I understand about the smoking - that why even outside in a crowd - I will try and move away and stand up wind - I try and be a concerate smoker..

[

Steph, congratulations on the sale, you made it!!! You are going on your 3-day!!!!!! How exciting. Of course I will be with you in spirit.

Linda, have 'fun' at work. I could send you some of our hot weather, I'm sick of it. I hate hot.

Darling you don't know hot weather - 90 degrees at 5 a.m.

Linda, even though I smoke, I hate the smell of smoke. Strange huh? I NEVER smoke in my house, and don't let anyone else. I go outside, even when it is 30 degrees BELOW zero. I rarely smoke in a public space, if I do I find a back alley where there is no one else around. Actually, I don't smoke much, about 6 per day, the doc says I am self medicating. Actually, the weird thing is when I have managed to quit, my blood pressure goes sky high. People can be inconsiderate.

Have a call into the fill doc and should hear from him later today. Stepped on the scale today, I FINALLY broke 200, not by much, but I will take it. I'm down to 199. So my weight loss for the July challenge is 9 pounds, hope to make it to 10 for the final count.

Did you notice that we are almost over 1000 pages?

Driveing from Buffalo, 3 hours...

Now don't worry about picking up anybody, I got that covered...

Janet and Linda are flying in 30mins appart...

So come right straight to W.B.... I'll leave the house unlocked and you can just come in and make yourself at home.. I'll have a bottle of wine waiting on the counter for you@!!

Kari will be arriving some time in the morning as well so you'll both be there when I get home from the Airport...

Peter may or maynot come to the Airport... so he could be home to greet you as well.

Edited by peaches9

Ate the damn eggs this morning for breakfast. This is definitely the new breakfast for me, it was gross. Eggs, except for poached gag me. Managed to eat one scrambled egg with 1/2 tble of cheese & a tble of salsa. So next time I will try a poached. The problem with poached is that I prefer it to be nestled on a buttered waffle with Syrup. Not exactly what I can eat. I still have the shivers, bleckkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!

Linda, even though I smoke, I hate the smell of smoke. Strange huh? I NEVER smoke in my house, and don't let anyone else. I go outside, even when it is 30 degrees BELOW zero. I rarely smoke in a public space, if I do I find a back alley where there is no one else around. Actually, I don't smoke much, about 6 per day, the doc says I am self medicating. Actually, the weird thing is when I have managed to quit, my blood pressure goes sky high. People can be inconsiderate.

Have a call into the fill doc and should hear from him later today. Stepped on the scale today, I FINALLY broke 200, not by much, but I will take it. I'm down to 199. So my weight loss for the July challenge is 9 pounds, hope to make it to 10 for the final count.

Did you notice that we are almost over 1000 pages?

Congratulations on ONE=derland!!! ^_^

Good morning ladies. Hope you all had a good night. I plan on making an appointment with the fill doc today, hopefully will get in this week. Back to finishing deep cleaning the kitchen. I need to finish the house this week since I will be gone quilting all next week. The cool thing about the fill doc being in Kalispell....several quilt shops. oooh like I need to spend $$$.

Well, I HEARD you ladies, loud and clear.... I'll not touch my port. o.k.??

I called my LB doctor's office to see if I could get in there tomorrow morn. no answer, just a machine!!! argh!!!!

So I faxed them and emailed them too!!! Still havne't heard anything.

So I am drinking Tea and a Protien shake today... can't get anything else in.

Right after ELVIS weekend I am going to get down to BRASS TACKS... and chart all my food and be good....

I have 3 months to lose some weight for the wedding!!! ^_^