Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Oh, Steph--what a horrible experience for you. I don't know about Montana, but in WI, nurses and child care workers have to inform their administrators immediately if they recieve any kind of citation. Something like that definitely could affect our employment--even if it is unfounded. Everyone is so concerned about abuse these days that often things go to extremes. Just yesterday there was an article in the paper about a single mom who was charged with abuse and jailed b/c her 2-year-old had a 3/4 x 1/8 inch mark on his leg. There may be more to it, but again, it sounds extreme--especially since I know the girl and her family.

I left my kids in their carseats from time to time to run into the grocery store for a minute and things like that. Again, I lived in a small town and no one thought much of it. Things are just so different now. I think you used reasonable judgement; I hope the courts think so too. Problem is that it's going to cause a lot of hassle for you now to hire a lawyer and appear in court and all of that! Man, life sure is not fair! Hugs friend. I'm on your side.

Great, my post disappeared...grrrrrrrrrrrr.

Karri, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Have a good day.

Short version of the lost post.

Less that 5 hours of sleep, boys barking.

Took my dinner to party last night.

Avoided cheesecake, dip, & chips.< /p>

Had a glass of wine, zinfidel, hoping it was the lowest in calories.

Need a nap or a bike ride to clear my head.

:P

Oh, Steph--what a horrible experience for you. I don't know about Montana, but in WI, nurses and child care workers have to inform their administrators immediately if they recieve any kind of citation. Something like that definitely could affect our employment--even if it is unfounded. Everyone is so concerned about abuse these days that often things go to extremes. Just yesterday there was an article in the paper about a single mom who was charged with abuse and jailed b/c her 2-year-old had a 3/4 x 1/8 inch mark on his leg. There may be more to it, but again, it sounds extreme--especially since I know the girl and her family.

I left my kids in their carseats from time to time to run into the grocery store for a minute and things like that. Again, I lived in a small town and no one thought much of it. Things are just so different now. I think you used reasonable judgement; I hope the courts think so too. Problem is that it's going to cause a lot of hassle for you now to hire a lawyer and appear in court and all of that! Man, life sure is not fair! Hugs friend. I'm on your side.

OMG Stephanie, what mother hasn'tleft their kids in the car for a few minutes... I used to do it too!

I remember once when Meg was little she kept climging on the coffee table... I'd tell her now, take her off of it... do the time out thing.... she JUST KEPT DOING IT.... so of course she slips, falls and bites her tongue.. I had to take her to the ER as it would not stop bleeding, and in case the bump to her head was bad... so Xrays etc... and THEN the third inquistion started..."What were YOU doing when your child was climbing on the table??""" Dah, I was right there, 16 " away from her... but she wouldn't quit doing it.. and she fell..

"BUT I WAS THE NEGLIGENT MOM"... they made me feel like crap!! Doctors taped her up and let us go, but a week later I get a "visit" from a Home Nurse... just to checkand see if Megs' was doing o.k.... yeah, right!!! Thew were snooping around my house and sizzing me up..

They totally overdo it, and I am so sorry you are going thru this....

I am hoping the JUDGE is a parent and has some common sense.

HUGS TO YOU GF

Wearing my Canada Day Tshirt with our FLAG on it and I had some sparkler pins with Canadian Flags for all 4 of us to wear today..

The French kept asking what the sign. of the pins were... So WE BRAGGED!!!

YES, July 1st is just like your July 4th for us... It celebrates our departure from the "English Constitution" that we used to abide by, and now we have our OWN CDN Constitution... so we Celebrate the BIRTH of our Country...:)

Beach today is marvelous, except for the salt water... but still beautiful...

Candice

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KARRI!!!!

Love you!

Hi ladies. I hope you are all having a terrific Wednesday! My enter key is stuck so this is going to be one big long rambling paragraph. Sorry! Happy birthday Karri! I hope you have an amazing day. Will keep you in my thoughts today, sending good vibes! Thank you ladies for your kind words. I'm looking for a lawyer to advise me. I got a letter from the county DHHS agent and she wants to do a home visit. Oh yeah! I won't go into the horror that causes in my heart. Oh well...this too shall pass. I am strong enough to handle this. There are a few things more important to deal with in the immediate future. This is just like an annoying mosquito irritating me. I just want it all to go away. Stupidity is stupidity though and if you're going to do something dumb, then you have to be ready for the consequences. I can justify my actions, if they were wrong I will take the consequences. I am big enough to deal! I have just gotten Jaimi out of her pjs and nick is still in his. I'm feeling very lazy today. I guess all the running has caught up with me. I don't have time to be this lazy but it's feeling very very good. We are going out to the farm tonight so I don't even have to cook dinner! Just help MIL. How sweet is THAT! I suppose I should get in the shower and get my life moving today. I do have a million things to do. Probably 10 loads of laundry, my kitchen is a pit, the kids' bedrooms need a good mucking out, backyard needs poop patroled, and the list goes on and on. Maybe the reason I'm not feeling very motivated is because the list goes on and on. Pretty overwhelming. Got some sad news yesterday. A man I graduated with...went to school with for 6 years....was killed on his motorcycle when a minivan pulled out in front of him. He was wearing a helmet, was sober, and was not speeding. He should have been able to walk away with injuries, not be killed. He did everything right. The saddest part of this is that his twin brother was riding behind him on his own motorcycle. So very very sad. I can't imagine watching that or ever getting over that sight. The Beckert brother were amazing people and I'm very heart sick over this loss. We are riding in the 4th of July parade and then leading a big ride on the 5th. I will be riding in his honor but very sad to do so. I would never ride in Helena. The drivers are much too stupid. I hate driving out there. I will be extra careful on my bike. It really gives you pause. So on that sad note, I am out of news. I'll be sending all my good vibes to Karri for her birthday....how are you remaking birthday cake???? Love you ladies. Know that you are all super important to me. Have a great day!

Steph, sometimes it seems that it never ends. I'm so sorry about the news of your friend. But this to will pass. It reminds us to take joy in our daily lives, fat or thin, alone or partnered, children or none, stupid actions or smart. These are NOTHING without joy, so use this as a reminder that right now things suck, but it could suck worse. I sent you an email regarding licensure on your gmail account, I don't seem to have the other address right, so stop by and read it. Also, let me know when you are in Helena for lawyer visit/court, etc., I want to be there for you, unless you'd rather I not. Just give me a call and I'm in the car.

I am going to take your advice and closely look at my eating. I am satisfied with BF and lunch, but not with dinner. Am I really trying to eat the solid Protein, or am I just giving up to quickly.

Plan on going for a walk tonight, I need to destress before I go to dad's. I know it will drive me crazy to be there. Fortunately Elyse and Alexa won't have to stay at the house, they sleep with their hoodies up and tied to a small breathing hole because mom's house is so filthy and infested that they are afraid they will be attacted. They will go into town and stay at Jamie's, DD#2, dad's house. Although he and his wife have no real relationship as that he is ex #1, they treat DD #4 & #5 as their own. I guess we could all take a lesson from that.

I'm heading off to quilt with a friend for a couple of hours, Candice, have you looked at fabric on your trip, quilt patterns?

Steph, sometimes it seems that it never ends. I'm so sorry about the news of your friend. But this to will pass. It reminds us to take joy in our daily lives, fat or thin, alone or partnered, children or none, stupid actions or smart. These are NOTHING without joy, so use this as a reminder that right now things suck, but it could suck worse. I sent you an email regarding licensure on your gmail account, I don't seem to have the other address right, so stop by and read it. Also, let me know when you are in Helena for lawyer visit/court, etc., I want to be there for you, unless you'd rather I not. Just give me a call and I'm in the car.

I am going to take your advice and closely look at my eating. I am satisfied with BF and lunch, but not with dinner. Am I really trying to eat the solid Protein, or am I just giving up to quickly.

Plan on going for a walk tonight, I need to destress before I go to dad's. I know it will drive me crazy to be there. Fortunately Elyse and Alexa won't have to stay at the house, they sleep with their hoodies up and tied to a small breathing hole because mom's house is so filthy and infested that they are afraid they will be attacted. They will go into town and stay at Jamie's, DD#2, dad's house. Although he and his wife have no real relationship as that he is ex #1, they treat DD #4 & #5 as their own. I guess we could all take a lesson from that.

I'm heading off to quilt with a friend for a couple of hours, Candice, have you looked at fabric on your trip, quilt patterns?

Karla, thanks for the kind words. I am going to get my renewal done today if possible so that I don't have to worry about the other until next time. Right now I haven't been convicted of squat! Since I'm up for renewal, I'm going to get that done now.

I hope Candice thinks about getting some fabric over there. What a wonderful idea for a quilt. Fabric that you found there and a pattern that you found there....I LOVE it. Wish I was craftier, what wonderful memories it would conjure everytime you looked at it.

Still haven't gotten anything accomplished but am enjoying the day....a bit. Talk to you later.

Steph

Sorry about your friend - loss is hard... But unexpected is even harder..

Well, getting ready to go to the gym - have about 10 min to kill so thought I would drop in and see what's happening today..

Is it a full moon or what crap is happening left and right

Where's our birthday girl !!!

Well, I don't have much to report - busy at work - hating job right now... DS & DIL fighting - so had to listen to that last night.. They both need to grow up...

But that's about it... I'll ck back later

I was in meetings all day. Today was the first day of work. My principal was sweet and they had a birthday cake for me. I ate it, but I am not having cake at home. We are having sugar free short cake and strawberries. I ALWAYS wanted strawberry shortcake for my birthday cake when I was growing up, but I wasn't allowed to have it because it wasn't traditional enough I guess. So it only took me 30 years but I finally go my favorite treat.

I am VERY overwhelmed with the job right now. I will be putting in 16-20 hours a day for the next 6 weeks but I just keep telling myself that I am front loading this and that the school year is going to be MUCH easier, and it will be. Just right now I feel like I am fumbling around in the dark trying to find the light at the end of the tunnel which MUST be located and exited by August 15th. 10 classes to develop by August 15 (except AP chem which has to be done by August 1). So what I guess I am saying is that you probably won't be hearing from me much. I will pop in to let you know that I am still living and on the bandwagon.

Well DH is not letting me work the rest of the evening. We are going to go see Ice Age 3 (if my principal gets my printer to me on time...he had to run into Bend to buy it and drop it off at my house so that the math teacher and I can use it) and then play a few games of Arkham Horror (my favoritest game in the whole world). We are having tacos for dinner.

Okay. Steph I hope everything gets better for you. I will be thinking about you.

Yummmmmmmmmmmm, I just finished dinner, late, but delish and man could I eat, what's up with that. Just when I finally think that I need to go for an unfill. lunch was 1/2 a small cantalope and 3/4 chicken salad. Dinner 3 oz chicken, 6 aspargus, 3 tble of risotto. AND I'm still hungry!!!!!!

Karri, so what happening to having some time off this summer. I hope they are paying you for this!!!

Janet, the weekend is almost here.

What's everyones plans for the weekend?

I leave in the morning and won't have computer access, so I will not be chatting until Sunday evening. Hope you all have a safe and enjoyable holiday. Remember Karri's advice for food.< /p>

Hi ladies. I had a nice evening at the inlaws. It was nice to be out at the farm. I love it out there.

today's stuff....went to see a local lawyer. He just rolled his eyes at me and called a colleague. She gave me the name of two lawyers with her firm to get in touch with because this isn't her specialty. I called and left voicemail for one. Hopefully he will get back to me tomorrow. If not, I will call the other one in the afternoon. I felt better when the lady in Helena thought it was crazy too. gives me hope.

I cut out a bazillion (and yes that is a real number) of 5 inch cotton squares for my bandits to sell. We are selling them for $5 apiece and then you can personally decorate the square. Then Karla will put them together in a cape for us to wear at our opening and closing ceremonies and decorate our tents. I bought a bunch of different pink materials and then for $10 you can also buy a white one which will stand out so much better. I'm so excited. I will be mailing out squares tomorrow hopefully. I have 4 to do myself tomorrow for women in my life who have either fought and lost, or fought and won. I'm going to really enjoy decorating those squares. It makes me feel good to be doing something positive after all the negative this week.

Okay...it's been a long day and I'm going to call it a night. Have a good day tomorrow ladies. I'm sure I'll be around here and there. I was way too gone for way too long. Love you guys!

Good Morning Gang...

Well, Karla you are going to miss this post - but ya that's the life of the band one day too much restriction and the other not enough :0) - But again did you do like I said - eat slow chew and tiny bites that's really the biggest secret to being able to eat...

Have a great time w/your Dad !!!! Take a can of lysol :0) and plenty of wipes while at your Mom's - That can't be healthy for your dad ??

Someday's I think I need a fill - the wham I am thigh and stress really can be a factor and I am usually tight after exercise too..

Steph - I just keep thinking about your situation.. Once a long time ago when my son was 5 - my gf lived with me and her son was also 5. Anyway Joseph went to kindergarden and then day care.. Well my gf picked up her son after school and they came home - cuz he was out playing without adult supervision (this was back in 76 or 77) one of my neighbors called child protection on us.. Other facts were that we (mom's) were both like 21 cute my gf was a cocktail waitress and came in very late most nights.

Oh was I pissed - my son was at school/day care and it was my house that they came to - but we were lucky - they said that we just had some jealous neighbors - 2 cute young girls who had a life (we did go out on weekend but someone was always with the kids - we took turns babysitting).. Nothing came of if.. But make sure the house is in order when they come.. That's a big thing with them.. In fact the night they came to visit was a Friday and my GF was getting ready for work and I was getting ready to go out myself. It was sort of funny to me at the time - but again I was pissed

Karri - Understand that we aren't going to be hearing much from you for the next few weeks - but do ck in everynow and then OK..

Phyl - What's up you aren't posting much... Is our thread dying??

Denise - How goes the battle with Summer School and DS

Linda - How are you - you aren't posting either - isnt Wed your day with Cora ??

Candice - Enjoy the last of your vacation - 3 weeks from today you will be picking me and Linda up from the airport!!!

Kari - How goes your day - even with the soda I am glad you are still biking :0)

Ok just wanted to post - I have another busy day at work - just finished cleaning up the kitchen from last night

Oh Steph I had 2 mini tostado's and a piece of corn :0) no fish last night :0) see I do eat other stuff besides fish :0)

I leave tomorrow morning and not at all ready - but it will all fall together - don't really want to go with DS & DIL since they are bickering... I don't want that tension - so who knows I may be coming home early - it will all depend on how they are getting along... I know DIL works most of the weekend except for the 4th - and then I also gotta deal w/my sister - put on that happy face and I'm not good at that..

Well it's 5:45 gotta jump in the shower - TTYL

Hugs - Janet

Janet, I couldn't resist checking in this morning before we leave. Yep, small bites and long chewing. I don't know if anything tasted so good as dinner. I was still hungry, so at about 10 pm I had 2 (yes 2) FF Fudgebars, 50 cals each, and a 100 cal bag of popcorn. All kinds of foods were calling me, but at least I had the healthier choice, and I had made allowances for these extra calories. Calories for yesterday, 1091 with 88 grams of Protein. Stephanie asked, Can you live with what you are eating?, yesterday, yes. I know I need to work on NOT having a Protein smoothie for Breakfast as it doesn't keep me full very long, but it is a decanet treat. Right now I can live with the morning hungries so that I can have it. When school starts I will need to change it to something that sticks longer because I have trouble with the stress eating. The one good thing is that I haven't been snacking in the morning or afternoon.

Folks, if this thread dies, I will hunt you all down, and it won't be pretty. You all are experienced, think of the newbie here???? Can she make it without your support and knowing that you are looking over my shoulder AND cheering me on?

That being said....

How is the challenge going? I'm feeling a little Margahittaville coming on.

Steph, are you taking your meds? Also, you can tell that the lawyers think this is a joke? Not easy to live with, but there is NO WAY in hell that it is going to court, let alone a conviction.

Janet, you sound like you have had quite the party life. We need to talk girlfriend. I know you and I would hit if off and be able to regail each other with our exploits. Okay, mine weren't as exciting as yours, but I can make them sound that way. How about the story of me taking out a black angus bull??? Sliding down a glacier? The end of the school year party that the next morning I slinked out (of the party), not one of my finer moments. Okay, I better stop there because what I just erased was definitely not something I want the world to know. I'll save that for a more personal moment.

Karri, I admire your committment. I was once there. I hope to get it back this year.

Phyl, how did the appointment go?

Candice, have a glass for me.

Linda, have a good 4th.

Ruby, where are you girl.

Janet, I couldn't resist checking in this morning before we leave. Yep, small bites and long chewing. I don't know if anything tasted so good as dinner. I was still hungry, so at about 10 pm I had 2 (yes 2) FF Fudgebars, 50 cals each, and a 100 cal bag of popcorn. All kinds of foods were calling me, but at least I had the healthier choice, and I had made allowances for these extra calories. Calories for yesterday, 1091 with 88 grams of Protein. Stephanie asked, Can you live with what you are eating?, yesterday, yes. I know I need to work on NOT having a Protein smoothie for Breakfast as it doesn't keep me full very long, but it is a decanet treat. Right now I can live with the morning hungries so that I can have it. When school starts I will need to change it to something that sticks longer because I have trouble with the stress eating. The one good thing is that I haven't been snacking in the morning or afternoon.

Folks, if this thread dies, I will hunt you all down, and it won't be pretty. You all are experienced, think of the newbie here???? Can she make it without your support and knowing that you are looking over my shoulder AND cheering me on?

That being said....

How is the challenge going? I'm feeling a little Margahittaville coming on.

Steph, are you taking your meds? Also, you can tell that the lawyers think this is a joke? Not easy to live with, but there is NO WAY in hell that it is going to court, let alone a conviction.

Janet, you sound like you have had quite the party life. We need to talk girlfriend. I know you and I would hit if off and be able to regail each other with our exploits. Okay, mine weren't as exciting as yours, but I can make them sound that way. How about the story of me taking out a black angus bull??? Sliding down a glacier? The end of the school year party that the next morning I slinked out (of the party), not one of my finer moments. Okay, I better stop there because what I just erased was definitely not something I want the world to know. I'll save that for a more personal moment.

Karri, I admire your committment. I was once there. I hope to get it back this year.

Phyl, how did the appointment go?

Candice, have a glass for me.

Linda, have a good 4th.

Ruby, where are you girl.

Karla

You did fine yesterday - you are doing what I do - skipping morning afternoon Snacks for night time when I don't have much of any control... And I bet you 9 to 1 that that hunger after dinner really was head hunger - I have it too so I am well aware of it - I feel hungry - but truly my stomach isn't but my body is craving it's drug of choice - so I feed that feeling but within my calorie budget 98% of the time.. I do just like you sf fudgesicles/sf puddings and popcorn or maybe a shebert cone (small) 130 cal..

Have the maragrita - it's the 4th - has anyone tried the skinny girl margarita's - are they sf and that's why the are called the skinny girl margarita??? I like Betheny from the NY housewives...

Oh yes GF I was a party girl back in the day - I was hot to trot... One year for halloween I came dressed as a Nun at work ... Well to say the least I won 1st place that year cuz it was the total oppesitie of who I really was.

Yep when we room next year on our cruise we can tell each other our secrets !!!!-