Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Thanks, I am so glad there is a place to talk to people who are going through the same things and have felt the same way. It sure looks like it has worked for you.

Have been a total slug today after getting home. Did get some curriculum work done, but not much else.

Had a Protein smoothie for dinner, I should say WAY too much Protein Drink. Lost control on that one. I usually have make it in my Magic Bullet, but it was dirty so I used the regular blender....well, and the rest is history, won't make that mistake again. The only good thing is that I am in my calorie range.

Connie, I forgot to mention, that I also was self-pay and went to TJ on my own. Once I got to the clinic, I quickly connected up with other patients and had a good time. The only time I felt uncomfortable was coming back through the border, but I'm not much of a traveler, so this was a new experience for me. I was dropped off on the MX side of the border and had to walk through with all your belongings, so pack light if you go alone.

Also, as Janet said, line up your fill doctor before you go. The MX dr.'s office should be able to give you a list of fill doctors in your area. Not all doctor's will fill patients that don't 'belong' to them. I have a fill dr, about 4 hours away from me and went to him for my first fill. I won't be going back, but I have found a doctor closer who I like.

Good Evening Gang...

Phyl - lunch wasn't bad well besides the service and the cost - what you ate was fine imho... Glad you are getting that knee taken care of - I know it will make you more mobile..

We had winds while Karri was here - mostly just evenings but it was cool the whole time she was here - the pool temp 74 so it was too cold to take a dip

OMW you should have never friend Steve's gf on FB - and ya he needs to get control of his boy - but if he's been calling the shots for a long time - good luck on that one.. Especially if Steve hasn't been in his life much... 16 is a tough age..

Hugs on that one

Sorry to here about DD losing her job - that awful and especially no good bys...

Karla

Why are you drinking dinner - glad it's a Protein shake instead of a cocktail :0) but why aren't you eating..

Connie

If I do say so myself - we are a great group... :0)

I was lurking on your 2009 thread and can't beleive it's not as busy as ours was 2 yrs ago - heck look in 2 yrs whe have almost 1000 pages...

Well gotta go cook - Don't know what yet - hamburger for Andrew - Me - either chicken & salad or hamburger & salad - I haven't had red meat in a while so that sounds good..

Cbl:wub:

Janet, I know, I was too tired to cook and I needed to make a Protein Drink for Elyse. I have no excuse. I usually do cook. I guess i got out of the habit of cooking at the workshop. tomorrow will be a better day, I deserved the slap.

Janet, I know, I was too tired to cook and I needed to make a Protein drink for Elyse. I have no excuse. I usually do cook. I guess i got out of the habit of cooking at the workshop. tomorrow will be a better day, I deserved the slap.

No slap GF - just wondering.. Thought maybe you were tight again. I don't find drinking my meals satisfying - I have to eat real food... And I'm the type if I did drink it - 2 hrs later if not sooner I would be in the kitchen scourning for real food... Then my calories would be way over board...

That's why you should always keep some WW or lean cusinze in the the freezer.. I don't care for them that much but they are always there in case of emergencies :0)

I phoned the doctor that my surgeon said would do my fill, just to be sure. Yes he will do them. I will have to travel around 4 hours also to get it done.

No janet, I am tight, but I can't get to get an unfill for a couple of weeks. But mainly I was just tired. I was going to make chicken salad, which I can eat even if I'm tight, but today I'm just exhausted. figure i'll get to be at a decent hour and sleep in and then get some exercise tomorrow. Going to clean up my bike and go for a ride in the morning. i think it will get my blood flowing.

Connie, I aim for around 1000 per day. But some banders will go into starvation mode and will stop loosing, so they up their calories. The biggest thing is to make sure you add an exercise component. The other ladies will probably have better advice than I.

Hello hello hello! Man I missed you guys. It seems you have all been very busy while I've been away. I may have been gone, but you were all in my thoughts alot!

The workshop was great. I got a lot done. I am just in my element when I'm doing that sort of stuff. I have to say this year was the first year that I didn't go nuts with how laid back the "boss man" was. Normally it drives me batty. This year, I went with the flow. I wish I would have had more time to present...my 3 hours total was cut to 30 mins one day and then i was asked to cut my 2 hour lesson to 20 mins talking only. I think if I had been a little less rushed I would have been able to make more of an impact. Oh well. It was fun and I'm not going to complain.

I am super duper tight. I haven't felt this way since she took me down to almost nothing in December. I know I've been under a lot of stress and I've been traveling...but I need to take it easy for a couple of days, hit the liquids, let my stoma heal. If it isn't any better after I get home next week, I'm making the drive to Bismarck to get some removed. Here's hoping that liquids for a couple of days...and not forcing the food issue, will be just what the doctor ordered. June has gotten so crazy. Left here last week on Thurs, got home today, motorcycle stuff tomorrow and next day, back across the state on Sunday, standards work Mon. Tues. then relaxing at Rose's for 5 days. Then back here for a couple of weeks to do a bunch more stuff in July. Things MUST be nutso. TOM showed up today while I was walking around Sams and I stopped in the middle of the store and thought I'd wet myself. Had no idea it was time for THAT visit! grrrr. It does explain the grumpy I've been.

Tomorrow morning is the moment of truth. I've been horrible about food because everything keeps coming back...so the idiot in my head says "well those cals don't count, try this...." I'm afraid of what it will say tomorrow but ready to take the consequences. Also need to get back on the exercise path. Too busy for most of this week. I did walk 3 miles one day, 3 1/2 another, and 7 1/2 one other...but that was nowhere near my training goal. I was reminded that Saturday's training goal is 11 miles, with 7 on Sunday. I think I'll have to flip flop them but I should be able to get them in. Or may have to do Sun, tomorrow, Fri on Sat, and then Sat on Sun. ... if THAT made any sense. Whatever, it will get done. I've got to get that big one in. I have to push my body to get going.

Okay...I've been at this for over an hour. I'm tired and I really should get to bed. Too many coctail hours this week. One smirnoff an evening does not a drunk make, but it does make one very very tired!

Night everyone. Karla, I almost forgot. We WILL talk about that negative though process. I have 4 days in Lincoln with NOTHING to do...I can drive that direction and kick some sense into you. You are a very beautiful lady with a million assets. Mark was VERY interested but from what Barbie said, he's a little shy and akward too. Don't be so down on yourself. Like I said, we will talk about this soon.

Candice, I hope you have an amazing trip to France. Take a bunch of pictures to share with us when you get back. Sorry about the darling, but enjoy the trip. DH deserves a little fun after all those years of hard work!

Haven't heard from Car lately. If you're lurking, check in here dear. I miss you.

Phyl, yeah on the legs! Road trip....Next Wed-Sat I will be in Lincoln and could do a road trip to Spokane to meet if that works in your time frame. If not, we'll figure out another time. Glad you guys are driving out to the east coast though. I was a little concerned about you ladies traveling that far by car alone. And this coming from the one who drives a 500 mile trip one way trip about once a month. LOL. You guys would have been so tired by the time you got out there, that it wouldn't have really been a vacation. I like the idea of flying better :sad: And yeah on the knees. Don't take no for an answer. Take the documentation in there with you just in case he balks. Ask for documentation from his point of view.

Karri and Janet, you are both so beautiful! I am so glad you had such a great visit. Yes, Karri, Janet IS a power shopper. and she gets the BEST buys! amazing! Hope you enjoyed it.

Okay...now...I'm really going to bed. Love you ladies!

How many calories do try to keep within?

Connie

During my weight loss phase I kept my calories between 800-1200 and varied them - it worked for me - this was a little tidbit I learned from Jenny Craig :0) one day I would eat alot then the next day I noticed the food was a little less - it keeps your metabolism going so that your body doesn't go into starvation mode...

Exercise is key too - even if it's just walking - or Water exercises too.. Weigh lifting is great as it builds muscles and muscles burn more calories than fat by just being...

Good morning Gang !!!!

TGIF.... Plans for the weekend - tonite take Kaitlin to get her hair cut come home and do some Wii

Tomorrow Gym 3.5 miles then take my fur babies go to the vet for booster shots blood test etc...

and I think that's about it..

Well I gotta get my butt in gear - started this and hour ago but I guess my insured's don't know it's friday and my phone keeps ringing.

Food yesterday-

BF String cheese & fruit

L chicken & Spinanch

D 1 cup one pot wonder (4 oz hamburger 1/2 small red tatoe - onion bell pepper jalapeno Tomato sauce

S 1 Fiber bar & 1 Fudgecicle

Thanks Steph, it's nice to know that Mark was interested, but I am learning to accept that maybe he wasn't. I hadn't realized that I DIDN'T want to be alone forever until this week. I have always told myself that 'alone' is best for me. That I was not 'looking' for a relationship because of my girls. I am beginning to think that it was a cop-out. I am learning to accept myself, but I also have a long way to go. I'm sure that my mom had a lot to do with it. But no excuses. It is time to take charge of my life and to figure out what I want. The band was my first step, now it is time to work on the others. Thanks for being there EVERYONE. I have never had girl-friends like you all, that will slap me when I need it and lift me up when I need it, but also, will hold my hand and hunker down in the trenches with me if needed.

You all are fabulous...Okay enough of the pity party, today is the take charge day. On the agenda, grease and lube my bike, go for a ride, laundry, find the kitchen & my bedroom, go to school for a bit, pay bills...so busy day.

My day is busy. I have to go to Best Buy in Bend because someone stole my ipod out of my car (I guess I forgot to lock it when I got home from vacation) and I NEED that ipod. However, I am going to take my birthday money and upgrade to the i-touch. I would LOVE an iphone but we don't have the 3G network here and we pay nearly nothing for phone service because of a mistake by T-mobile which they apparently have forgotten to fix. So the i-touch will give me what I want...internet access when I don't have my laptop, kindle application so I can read at the gym without taking a book, and my nike + system.

So I have to

1. Go to the bank

2. Get a new drivers license

3. Go to Best Buy

4. Go to the mall to pick something up for DH

5. Go to the doc for my annual exam

6. Go to the gym or run outside depending on weather.

Whew...that is more than I normally do! Got some work done yesterday but I won't be getting much done today.

Well gotta run. The bank just opened.

My day is busy. I have to go to Best Buy in Bend because someone stole my ipod out of my car (I guess I forgot to lock it when I got home from vacation) and I NEED that ipod. However, I am going to take my birthday money and upgrade to the i-touch. I would LOVE an iphone but we don't have the 3G network here and we pay nearly nothing for phone service because of a mistake by T-mobile which they apparently have forgotten to fix. So the i-touch will give me what I want...internet access when I don't have my laptop, kindle application so I can read at the gym without taking a book, and my nike + system.

So I have to

1. Go to the bank

2. Get a new drivers license

3. Go to Best Buy

4. Go to the mall to pick something up for DH

5. Go to the doc for my annual exam

6. Go to the gym or run outside depending on weather.

Whew...that is more than I normally do! Got some work done yesterday but I won't be getting much done today.

Well gotta run. The bank just opened.

Won't get much WORK done, right... because that's a pretty long list of "to do"s!! Sounds like a very busy day!

One of my sisters has an iTouch and seems to love it!