Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Now for the stupid question...does it matter what size band you have. I read my op report and I have a 10cm/4cc band. when I read the fill posts, people talk about having 5cc to 7cc fills. I realize that the restriction is based upon the size of the stomach opening, but I worry about being able to get enough restriction. VERY stupid, but it doesn't stop my head from worrying about failure. I have only lost 5 pounds in 3 weeks, but I can pull my comfy jeans off without unbuttoning them. So I get to move down 2 sizes from a Lane bryant size 4 to a size 2. I haven't ordered them, I am afraid that they will be too tight and then I will get discouraged. Okay, I am an idiot.

Now for the stupid question...does it matter what size band you have. I read my op report and I have a 10cm/4cc band. when I read the fill posts, people talk about having 5cc to 7cc fills. I realize that the restriction is based upon the size of the stomach opening, but I worry about being able to get enough restriction. VERY stupid, but it doesn't stop my head from worrying about failure. I have only lost 5 pounds in 3 weeks, but I can pull my comfy jeans off without unbuttoning them. So I get to move down 2 sizes from a Lane bryant size 4 to a size 2. I haven't ordered them, I am afraid that they will be too tight and then I will get discouraged. Okay, I am an idiot.

You are not an idiot. Band size does not matter. I have a AP small 10CC band. However, I have NEVER had a fill about 2.2 (and at that could only get down popcorn and crystal light:ohmy:). As I have said before, most of my weight loss came with my band completely unfilled. Frankly the only reason that I know what size band I have is because the nurses keep commenting that they have never seen anyone lose as much weight as I have with such few fills in my size band. Funny...I never worried about getting enough restriction...my worry was always about TOO MUCH restriction. I am VERY sensitive to fills.

It is VERY common to lose size without losing weight. Fat cells redistribute themselves, excess Water weight is lost, and muscle does begin to form.

Ladies...what can I say. You are always my rock!

the school has no true sp.ed. program because they let the qualified teacher out on early retirement and there is no one who applied for the job. So now, there are teachers aides trying to do the work and while they do a fine job of working with some kids, they are not qualified to put a student into sp.ed. That was what I was told when I took in my reports from the child psych. My PCP here didn't agree with the child psych's opinion of putting him on anti depressant meds so I had to find someone else to do that prescribing. There are no child counselors within 150 miles of us that would take him on as a patient so he has no one to talk to. I asked that the school counselor see him at least once a week and she told me she would talk to him but her job was mainly vocational counseling and she wasn't really qualified for what Michael needed. I asked for them to find a male role model in the school for him to bond with. That wasn't done. So....here I sit. Nothing to be done. Too upset to speak to anyone about it.

I am going to come completely clean.....I ate an entire sleeve of GS Mint Cookies, dipped in Peanut Butter. I knew they wouldn't help but they made me feel better in the moment and at THAT moment I needed it. I'm not apologizing, but I am confessing. I will do my penance. I took the dogs for a 2mile walk....I need to go for another.

TOM showed up today too. F@$# the little b'tard. Okay...that was a little harsh, but I did NOT need THAT today too.

Jeff's home. I NEEDED that. He let me cry on his shoulder. I just can't cope without him.

Okay....going to go have dinner with the kids. Later taters.

I agree with Karla...get squeaky!!!!!! Doesn't matter that they don't have a sped dept. If you are too upset about the school, I could become his advocate and you could give me the schools number and I will call on your behalf. ( you would just have to give them permission to speak to me!) I am in the mood to make change and I can be a politically correct bitch. BTW sp.ed or not...they are still breaking the law.

So much so that when our superintendent was on the news tonight I emailed in a question (through DH's email...I'm NOT stupid:scared2:) about how working 10 hours without mare than a 30 minute break was in line with labor laws. She squirmed like a SNAKE. She couldn't answer it. Then the news anchor started drilling her because they were NOT told what the teacher work day was like. I sat there high and mighty with a smirk on my face and tears in my eyes.

My favorite GSC is the samoans. I can eat an entire box straight from the freezer.

Okay Steph...what is the next step for Michael. If anything could be done, what would it be? Start a list...I know it is easy for us to give advice. What does Michael enjoy doing? What type of sport/activities, remember kinestetics helps with with learning. Find out who is charge of the 504's, it usually isn't the sp. ed teacher. At least with a 504, Michael could not be prevented from going on the field trips. Also, it might be time for you and Jeff to go in and threaten the school with a lawsuit. I normally don't believe in them, but I was close to filing when I had trouble getting Elyse tested. Schools are required by law to provide for the needs of sp.ed students. If they can't provide forf Michael's needs, you can require that they PAY for him to get what he needs.

Just thoughts....

Not only are schools required to follow sp ed laws.

Lawyers for sp ed are free. Only suspended students are not allowed to go on field trips at our school; Major behavior problems. I'll give you an example: The kid who shit in a classroom for lunch on Monday is a major behavior problem, especially since he most definitely DID NOT WIPE!!!!!!!

OMW !!!!!

Denise - Hugs - get some sleep... Thanks for the info - Winnie the Pooh wasn't during my era nor my Ds either and GS was a Barney boy !!! Heck I never watched Bambi till Andrew was like 11 - what was that 7 yrs ago..

Steph - Andrew isn't a school person and I don't know if he was tested for learning disablity or not - school has never come easy for him - don't know what it is cuz he's not dumb.. and he does horrible on test..

Do you guys have an alternative school - once Andrew went to the alternative school he had smaller classes (which he seems to do very well with ) -Shorter class hours school from 8 to 12 and you work at your own speed (he had like 10 credits for 9th & 10 grade - he made the rest up and graudated early 3/25)- he did much better and they didn't have the kind of homework that they do in regular school.. He never had a fight at Summitt - was aide - where in the regular high school and jr high I was getting calls all the time - he got suspended for defending his self a couple of times..

Also we have something call home schooling - not where you teach but where they are given their assignments and do the work at home and then only go into school like on Friday to turn in their work and get it reviewed etc..

Yes I remember the struggles last year - I'm not up on all the new stuff with schools and laws - but understand your frustrations - I couldn't help Andrew with his math - he wasn't getting it - and failing - and the school could careless..

Hugs - it sounds like both Karri & Karla know there stuff - I would let Karri make that call - I would love to hear that one..

Steph - you get a cookie pass ok - don't sweat it - shit happens and we all binge at one time or another and this is a crisis - even non-xfatties do it - heck watch tv they show the skinny girls pigging out when they are in crisis mode

Plus I don't want you over doing the exercise with you back issues..

Karri - Baby Girl - I'm so sorry about the 4 day work week - Only suggestion is look for another school district and move

but I don't know if that's really an opinion in the current economical crisis that we are in... You can vent all you want - we understand - just wish that we could fix it for you..

Karla - I'm with you on the GSC - those are the choc/coconut ones right - I was never a big GSC person don't love the thin mints (doesn't mean I wont eat them) but I did love the coconut ones with choc.. And yes an extra light fudgecicle is 100% better than cookie and milk !!

And it doesn't matter the size of your band - all I know is I have the new AP that they came out with last July - 1st the doc said large - I don't know what size large is - then he said small - so I don't know - I think I have 5cc or it could be 4.8 or 4.9 - don't remember never cared and could never figure out why pple do - all I cared about was that it worked -

I got to my sweet spot in 2 fills - had a 3rd but all but .01 of that had to be taken out cuz I was too tight - so that .01 doesn't count as a fill but a tweek...

Gang - it sure sound like everyone is having alot of crisis right now - I wish I could help ease some of your pain and frustrations - Please know that I would if I could and I hate not being able to help.. I will keep you all in my prayers tonite (well you are any way but will say some extra ones)

And the only thing I can say is that this too shall pass and things will work out some how some way - I know that it doesn't seem that way right now - but it usually does - so please don't let these problems consume you to the point of making you sick - Ok - there will be a light at the end of the tunnel even though you can't see it right now

Things happen for a reason and usually we learn from these trials - it make us stronger more able to deal with life's trials.

I know I'm not in your guys shoes right now - but remember I have had my share of crap in the past year with my Son and his family (more serious than what I have posted here on the internet due the seriousness of the situtation not that I don't want to share with you all) and things have worked out (fingers crossed prayer said) - it didn't seem like it was going to work out then - but it has - just like it seems that all the crap from my bro's estate won't quit - but I know that it will and that I will have learned some big life lessons in the mean time.. Yep you still learn stuff at my age !!!

We are here for each other - and know that you all can vent - cry - rant - rave and we will listen..

:lol:

:thumbup:Big Big Hugs to you ALL :crying:

:)

Thanks mommy. It is just so good to know that I have friends. I got called some HORRIBLE names today. When it came down that we were going to the 4 day week and found out that 57 teachers were getting laid off people did not react kindly. Because the charter school that I am working at is also pulling students out of the school and therefore costing them money, I am seen as the big bad guy. I will most likely end up keeping my job AND working at the charter school. For most it doesn't seem fair. But damnit...I am a damn good teacher and have spent countless hours working on developing an amazing curriculum and once in a while I deserve to be rewarded. I will stick out the 4 day week for 1 year. If I am not able to go to the charter school full time after that then I will move to somewhere else. Vegas...Dallas...Fort Worth...International Schools...here I come. We are being required to work 25% more for 7.5% less pay. My students will suffer... and the district seems to be okay with that. I have come to the conclusion that if the district is ready and willing to sacrifice good teachers, the education of their students, and the welfare of the community then I am not going to bust my ass for them. I will do what I need to in order to provide my students with an ADEQUATE education and pour my heart and soul into the proficiency charter school that I whole heartedly believe in. Next year will be survival mode and I am coming to accept that.

Maybe I need to be intoxicated more often. Steph...you have your Cookies and I have my 2 vodka crans and my 2 glasses of wine. I don't ever drink so I am pretty much 3 sheets to the wind right now. I have given myself permission to have one day of a pity party and then tomorrow I move on. I cannot make any changes to this situation. Life is what it is. I will not allow myself to be dragged down by this past today. Give me lemons and I am going to make the best damm SF/FF lemon meringue pie you have ever tasted! Yeah...it is probably the alcohol talking...but that is the mantra I am going to follow. Please help me stick to that. Remind me that it was not me who made the decisions. Remind me that I fought for what is best for kids and it was OTHERS that chose to ignore it. I will be and have been the best that I can be for these kids. I can't do more than I already have without losing myself and that will do nothing for students.

Seriously...maybe I should take up drinking every once in a while. I think it does wonders for my psyche. Don't worry...I hate the taste of alcohol...I am not going to become an alcoholic.

Night all. And forget my earlier message. I will be here this weekend. No point in punishing myself for the idiodic decisions of certain people in this district.

HUGS, KARRI!!

yOU ARE A FANTASTIC TEACHER.!! :thumbup:If we had more teachers like you, we wouldn't need that "No kid left behind" crap. There would be no need for it. I know of no one who goes in at 4am to prepre for their class. know they are out there, but they are few and far between. So.....hold your head high and tell all those others to "STICK IT" :smile2:

Good afternoon ladies. Just a little update.

This morning a woman from the school called. Seems she IS the sp.ed. teacher that was hired 5 months ago. She is a new teacher (I found out from another source) but she had no idea this was going on.

She said a teacher had come to her yesterday (I'm assuming the one that called me), and then asked me what was going on. When I told her that I had given the school his EXTENSIVE testing report (that cost $1000 to have done) and what the child psych's recommendations were, she was horrified that she hadn't been given the file. I explained that although I don't want to make excuses for his behavior, we also have to be realistic in our expectations. That the expectation of him getting all his homework in, on time, complete, in EVERY class for a month was unrealistic. That if he went a WEEK doing that, I'd be over the moon. I then said he also can't have any behavior problems...which in the classroom is fine, but lunchroom and playground is a different story. I told her the recommendation that he be put on an IEP and given counseling and she had no idea of the issues.

She said we may not be able to get anything legal into place in the next month but that she would read the file, talk to me on Monday, and we would see what we could do from there.

My biggest fear is that Michael will take advantage of this situation, like he does any other, and stop doing ANY work. Given an inch he will take 100 miles.

He so wants to go to another school. There are no possiblities of that without sending him to live with someone else. I have seriously thought about asking my brother if he would take him next school year. Then again, I don't think that would be good for him psychologically either. I'm just at a loss right now. There is a program he can go into when he is 16 but that's a year and a half away.

So for now, there may be some progress. My blood pressure is down, I'll give this woman a chance. Not going to put the cart before the horse. Keep Michael in your prayers.

Thanks for all your support. I know my issues are so much less than those of you with ailing and failing parents and amazingly complicated work lives. Compared to the illness and loss of my father, this is nothing, so thank you for your love and support in light of your own troubles.

You're all THE BEST!!!

Well...its official...they are giong to the 4 day week. They made the announcement to the media tonight. I am numb right now. There is still a chance that I could lose my job though it is unlikely because our current administration gets to do staffing. I have been in tears for the last 2 hours. I know...at least I have a job...but digging ditches is a job too...just not one I want. 25% more work for 7.5% less pay. I am going from teaching 125 kids per day to 175 kids per day. Lots of soul searching (and grading) this weekend. I don't know how much I am going to be on this weekend because I don't want to sound like a whiner and I am NOT in a good frame of mind. Fortunately I am at home so that food will not be an issue.

Karri, BiG HUGS to you girl.. that is really crumby news. Only slightly less crumby is that your principal will be keeping you on. Try to take is a step at a time.. Alot can happen between now and next Sept. Like Denise and Steph said there are places desperate for professionals with your skills.

Edited by peaches9
spellinh errtot

Steph, you are wrong about you problems being less than the ones we are dealing with concerning our parents. Yes, it is damn hard to see my dad in failing health, but he has lived a long life, and I hope he will have some 'good' times yet, BUT when we see our children in pain, there really is NOTHING worse. Especially if we don't feel like we can do anything about it.

Okay, I am making a new rule AND will be issuing tickets for those who don't follow the rule. Haven't figured out the consequences yet, but be sure I will.

Here it is...each of us MUST post one GOOD thing that happened to us each day! I will start:

My ONE good thing.... Alexa helped me clean up that the pile of crap that was in the back yard and has been sitting there since we moved in 4 years ago. Now all my boards, bricks, and fencing material are in organized piles. Okay, I am a little anal, I would organize my piles of gravel, sand, compost, and top soil if I could afford to have cement bins made.

Bonus good thing that happened today....

When on sierratradingpost.com and got an awesome fanny pack, multiple shirts in XL (yes, by damn the will fit by September) and some lovely shoes. My girls and I spurged and spent $350 and saved $1350. So I have new shirts coming, new walking socks, and new shoes coming. Did I mention,,,I love shoes.

So now it is all your turn.

Karri, I came to the same ephiphany earlier last week when our superintendent gave an extremely poor teacher tenure. This personal has not been recommended for rehire the last 2 years. However, she is young, thin, and 'perky'. So she cried at the school board meeting and they gave her tenure. Last year she had her boyfriend supervise her class so she could go on errands. Last year I had my personal leave reduced when I left school at 3:30 to help one of staff get to their radiation treatment, but this teacher could go home during her prep to feed her horse. So NOW she gets tenure and paid for doing a lousy job, so why kill myself. I am no longer putting in 12 to 13 hours a day at school. I don't sweat it if my lesson plans aren't done on time, so they are a day late, I'm NOT staying until 6:00 Friday evening to get them done. Right or wrong, I just don't care anymore. Teaching use to be my passion...now it is my job. So I won't get teacher of the year, my salary won't change if I did.

Look! I made a ticker!!

weight.png

Look! I made a ticker!!

weight.png

wooohoooo!!! good job. And look at that, you're a 1/3 of the way there!

Very proud of you. Not a lot of time to talk right now, but wanted to say good job today. I'll have to check out sierra trading post.

Heard from Rose. She's on South Padre island. It sounds like I want to be there. Calgon take me away!!!!

Okay...off to shower because I am FREEZING!!!