Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

I like the bandits take...since 3 of us (at least) are banders....4 if Karla joins us.

Karla, you know I said what I did with love. I know a last meal will not be what makes you a winner or a loser. You are a winner by making this decision. However, I know how our minds work and the games they play POST band. Making that decision is completely personal. I know 50 is a big birthday. I so wish I was spending it with you....so sad that my back is keeping me home. However, you have to make that decision for YOU. Whatever you decide, I love you. You know that. If you make it a good, healthy dinner with awesome food choices??? But then, I wasn't allowed to eat anything 24 hours before surgery....soooooo??? Maybe it will be made for you. I'll promise you to share some spectacular dessert with you next time we are together. Something spectacular AND good for us no matter what you decide.

Gotta get dinner going.

I have to say that I did have a last supper... hell I had a last week of suppers and when I woke up from surgery I was ready to start my new life. However, I was not on a preop diet. I think that it would be alright to have a small dessert for your birthday but I kind of wish that I hadn't gone quite so overboard.

Right now the scale is pissing me off. I have worked out so much this week and my food hasn't been bad yet the scale goes up. I just want to cry. I have ZERO restriction but still am having problems with some foods. My band is as wide open as it can be so I am hungry constantly. It doesn't get any better when I go back to work. That is when food is at its worst. I am freaking out right now and don't exactly know what to do. DH told me I couldn't get a fill because I have had nothing but problems with them. He said that I need to wait until after school is out so that I can be careful when I am eating during the day. I know that he is getting sick of hearing about my weight problems, but I really don't know what I am doing wrong at this point. It has been hard to keep track of my calories because frankly I don't know how many calories are in 2 cups (yes that is what I need to eat to be full) of homemade stew.

Well I guess I should take my whiney butt and go to bed or something. I am also pissed because my payment was supposed to post on my credit card today so that I could go buy DH a new computer...but alas it didn't.

Steph, don't you DARE get whimpy on me!!! I need you to be tough!! I needed the reminder about how I would feel about it after. IF I decide to have a last meal, I will be with the knowledge that I CHOSE to have it and that it is okay. I have way too many food issues and I needed you to point out that typically I would think less of myself. Now if I decide to go for it I will have to balance the enjoyment with the the 'after affects'. So like you said, maybe the decision will be made for me.

Salsa-muscle weighs more than fat...Don't you just hate it when people say that.

You did NOT just use the fat/muscle thing on her did you? <Steph shaking finger and flinging neck saying "oh no you di-int>

A pound of fat weighs the exact same as a pound of muscle...they BOTH WEIGH...UMMM...A POUND. I know you are BOTH science women and would NEVER use that line, but you know I go crazy with it.

Facebook conversation is interesting. all of you should join it.

I like boobie brigade too! I too am doing it for the band. Hey how about the BOOBY BANDITS! Then we cover both!

Boobie Bandits... that's perfect! Love it!

12_1_223.gif 1_4_83.gif 12_1_223.gif

Sorry you're having such trouble with food, Karri! You know you need a fill, but I certainly understand the hesitation! When is school out?

Steph, you are too much!!

:):biggrin::)

Have I mentioned lately what a GREAT GROUP this is??!!

Sure love you all A LOT!!

:wink::tt1::wink::tt1::tt1::tt1:

Phyl-you have intimidated me with all your animations, loved the boobie girl. tomorrow one of you will have to tell me how to get all the fun stuff added. I don't even know how to put in a picture, of course if I did figure out how to do the picture it would have to be my drivers license pic, because NO ONE who values their life get's near me with a camera, Yeah I just want to know that there are actually 4 chins.

Trying my damnedest to add a pic. Don't know what is happening. I've never had this trouble before.

I can't seem to get it added. If anyone wants to put a face with my Darling Karla, she's going to be shortly added to my Facebook page. gotta put all the Boobie Bandits together in one album...and yes, I DO have a pic of Karla!

Chris and Karri, I need photos to add to my page. I don't know how to steal them from you so would you email me them. I can resize them and upload.

Steph

You are mean.....well at least someone has a 'before' picture of me. I have been trying to get the nerve to have Elyse (from now to be known at E4, she is daughter #4) take a picture in my skivies to put in my 'Band-book'. In regards to the book, it started as a way to collect/organize all the stuff I need for surgery. But, I have started adding stuff. a graph of my weight, interesting articles, appointments, etc., so now it has been dubbed my 'Band-book'. Okay, now you all know, I am a bit obsessive compulsive, anal retentive.

Thank you all again for allowing me to join. This has been the most fun I have had in a long time. Oh, and I promise to NEVER use the fat/muscle reference again...But Steph, I must point out that it is all about density, as most good things are.

Stupid question..DH = Dear Heart? Darling Husband?

I am looking forward to getting to know you all better and I really appreciate the support..OMG (did I just use an IM term)...only 48 hours until 'B day'.

Well best get going to my meeting.

Chris,

In regards to the refigerator I was refering to unplugging it to abide by the 'no electricity' hour. (sorry I replied here, Facebook is blocked at our meeting site)k

Steph

You are mean.....well at least someone has a 'before' picture of me. I have been trying to get the nerve to have Elyse (from now to be known at E4, she is daughter #4) take a picture in my skivies to put in my 'Band-book'. In regards to the book, it started as a way to collect/organize all the stuff I need for surgery. But, I have started adding stuff. a graph of my weight, interesting articles, appointments, etc., so now it has been dubbed my 'Band-book'. Okay, now you all know, I am a bit obsessive compulsive, anal retentive.

Thank you all again for allowing me to join. This has been the most fun I have had in a long time. Oh, and I promise to NEVER use the fat/muscle reference again...But Steph, I must point out that it is all about density, as most good things are.

Stupid question..DH = Dear Heart? Darling Husband?

I am looking forward to getting to know you all better and I really appreciate the support..OMG (did I just use an IM term)...only 48 hours until 'B day'.

Well best get going to my meeting.

Usually it stands for Dear/Darling Husband...sometimes it can me DUMB husband!

Make sure you do before photos. One thing that they don't talk about is the wacked up body image that you are going to have. at 100 pounds smaller I still feel like people look at me and see fat. I still have to take and compare my before and after pictures to see that there is actually a differences (and I am 18 months out!) The thing about the "before" picture is that you are doing something about it so hopefully the whole process won't be so horrible. My fat pictures don't even really bother me any more because I feel so proud of what I have accomplished. Even during my crappy days (like yesterday and this morning when I stepped on my scale) I still can realize just how far I have come.

If you can get someone to help you, taking measurements is another thing to do. I didn't do this and really wish that I had.

Please feel free to ask as many questions around here as you would like, but I am warning you My Mommy (Janet), My sister (Steph) and I don't really mince words. If you do something stupid...we will tell you, but it is all out of love. I warned Steph when I first invited her here and as you can see, we are all like pea's in a pod. One big happy (sometimes messed up) family.

Well I think we are off for another hike...though it is going to have to be an easy one as I am running 20 miles tomorrow. Supposed to be crappy weather so it looks like I am running 20 miles on the treadmill. Let me tell you...If I can do that then I can run a marathon since long distance running is 95% mental and there is nothing more mentally taxing than 4 hours in solitude on a treadmill. The plan is to run 5 miles on each of the treadmills so that I don't feel too stuck in one place:rolleyes2:.

Steph - No offense taken. If I didn't want to get scolded, I never would have posted what I ate. I know the choices weren't the greatest. There was cheese and veggies in the omelet (well, onions and grn peppers). At least it was better than my other choice which was country fried steak and mashed potatoes and gravy. I really prefer Appleby's when eating out cause there, I don't have a choice...it's French Onion Soup, hands down. I like the team name of Bandit Boobies the best.....or maybe the boobie Bandits.

Karla - Do get those before pictures. That is a must. I felt the same way about pictures and i really didn't think I had any before whole body pics (just neck and above, but that shows a big difference, too) But then my DH (can stand for damn husband too) found some and all I could say was OMG!!! And like Karri, I couldn't really see a differnce till I had lost over 75 pounds. Clothes sizes didn't even change. It's just your self image is so screwed up. I never looked in the mirror often and when I did, I saw a fat person. Just not as fat as I really was. So makie sure you get pics so you don't keep asking your kids...."was I ever that fat?" when ever you see someone you think is really heavy. (cause the answer is usually yes). My last suppper was dominos pizza (across from the Lucerna). I enjoyed every last bite but I did not overdo it. Just be like Karri and make sure that your mind is set that a new life starts as soon as you get out of surgery. Also, if I remember correctly, Dr. Ortiz doesn't have you start with Protein Drinks till the second or third week after banding. It's been a while (those old brains, you know) and I think for the first week, he has you eat broth (bullion), juice (diluted half Water, so you don't get the runs) and liquid yougurt (Dan Active), water and you can drink Protein water, like special K water. That'sa it, unless he's changed it.

And the fat and muscle thing? Yes, 1 pound of fat weighs the same as 1 pound of muscle. It just takes a whole lot more fat to make up a pound than it does muscle. So, you weren't really wrong, cause you knew what you meant.

Phyl - Man, Brad and Earl keep sounding more and more like two of a kind. He just has to have his Cookies and chips (crunchy ones too).

Okay, I admit the soda is BAD ! ! ! But I didn't have any til I was out almost a year and a half. (I was told no soda for the first year). And I never have more than one. (well, most of the time) and then it is only when we are out. Big prob here is, there is no exersize bike and it's too cold to go outside and walk. My DGS would have gone with me anytime but let's face it, I'm a wuss (no more insulation) and he's only 4 (almost). Things seem kind of tight today, but I'm still gonna get another fill next week.

WELL, KIDS ARE IN BED AND WE HEAD HOME TOMORROW SO HAVE A GOOD NIGHT AND GOOD LUCK kARLA. HAVE A GOOD TRIP;.

LOVE YOU GUYS..............KEEP GIVING ME A HARD TIME. YELL, SCREAM..MY HEAD ISN'T QUITE THAT HARD, IT SHOULD SINK IN SOON.

Thank you all for the good wishes and positive fibes, I fly out at about 12:00, i just hope I make my connection in Salt Lake, there is only 35 minutes between when I land and change planes, but that is in Gods hands, not mine.

Thank you all for the good wishes and positive fibes, I fly out at about 12:00, i just hope I make my connection in Salt Lake, there is only 35 minutes between when I land and change planes, but that is in Gods hands, not mine.

I forget... is anyone going with you??

We're so close... I"d come and hold your hand if DH wasn't so afraid of going to TJ!!

Well, on second thought, you probably wouldn't want me!!

Running a temp tonight, aches and pains... flu, I think.