Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

I just looked up Overeaters Anon. and there is a meeting IN my town. Wednesday nights at 7:30... so there, there are no more excuses not to deal with my addiction. Lap band is good, but its my Head that is "FLICKED up"....

COD---College of the Desert... they have a big street fair there every weekend...love to go shop there.

He used to fly 2 & 4 seaters but now he just flies remote control planes... and not very well,at that!! LOL Every time he flies, we're off to the hobby shop for replacement parts!

I had a partial replacement on the right knee... ortho guy says the hardware is collapsing down because of the weight loss. So I went to him assuming he could do a partial on the left... that's the one that hurts... and he says no, it needs a total but that the right one is more critical... needs to be converted to a total. That means total knee, right & left!! So I'm hoping when we go home around 1 May, I will go in and convince him to do them both at once ASAP. I want to get it over with and get on with my summer! I have places to go and people to see!! LOL

Don't know anything about Dr. Ortiz, but pretty sure you need a passport for TJ now. There are ways to get an expedited passport... check on the internet for instructions... might mean going to Bismark, though.

Hi Phyl,

I had 2 complete, but one at a time. You are a better woman than I. I think the reason that Blue Cross paid for my lapband was that they were tired of my parts-is-parts. I would think that there is somewhere between $50 - $75 thousand in surgery, hospital and PT in those joints. The big BUT is that without them just standing was an adventure in pain itself. I'm sure you can more than relate.

I would wish you "good luck", but I don't believe that luck plays into this. A good surgeon, all forms of strength, attitude and you-go-girl!!!!

LOL

O.k. its 1 p.m. and I've already had 936 calories!!

Click on an Item Above to Make a SubstitutionCALORIESCARBSFATPROTEINnt3_totals2.jpg9361272167 nt3_dailygoal2.gif 1,000 - 1,050163 - 23632 - 5660 - 127

I just can't seem to stick to my food Plan for the last week or so... eating JUNK!!

This morning I had weightcontrol oatmeal, skim milk... then chocolate covered Almonds (while driving) and a donut :biggrin:

I've already h ad my DAYS allotment of calories!!!

I have a weightloss goal in mind, but I keep sabotaging myself... I know its wrong, but I keep doing it.:)

Geez Louise

I am right there with you. I am having major issues with food lately. I got the exercise part down, but the food is killing me. Yesterday I ran/walked 10 miles...but I think I was still positive on calories because I ate crap. I was telling Janet that at work I am terrible with food because I don't have the time to talk myself out of the cravings. I am not making excuses for myself because I shouldn't be eating that stuff but that is the reason. . When I am dealing with so much crap like I was this term, to have to concentrate so much on the food aspect just wasn't happeinging. Next trimester will be much smoother because I am not completely developing a curriculum.

We all knew that the band wasn't going to solve the head issues. What I have been going through this several months is testiment to that. Even though I was really strong and made a lot of headway last year...what has happened to me has shown me that we will always have these fights. Some minutes will be easier than others. And yes...for me it comes down to minutes sometimes. I have tried punishment and rewards and neither one seems to work for me. This ISN'T about food. For me this is about my need to feel like the world isn't falling apart and that I am going to be alright. Not only was I conditioned to the fact that food means comfort it was also the only thing that I could count on being there. It is something that I feel like I can accomplish even in a short amount of time. I know this sounds ridiculous but when my world is spiraling out of control and I don't seem to be getting ANYTHING done...at least I can finish off those 10 crackers. When I do that I "accomplished" something. While I realize that this is sabotaging my ultimate effort at losing my 15 pounds, at THAT moment I am accomplishing something.

I know that I am rambling but I hope that it helps both you and I and anyone else that is reading this. I know for me right now I am living moment to moment and not living in the big picture. Last year I took the time to look at the big picture. I had goals and I saw progress. Now all I see is what I have to do in the next 5 minutes and in that 5 minutes there is so much to do that I can't think beyond it. Living healthy requires more attention than that. As my wise mommy always says...we have to be selfish and right now I don't feel like I can be. If I could see that more people were suffering because I was not being selfish I would change...but right now the only person suffering because of it and therefore I don't see me changing anytime soon.

Well my students are going crazy so I had best sign off. I don't know that I have any words of wisdom but I want you to know that you are not alone.

I am right there with you. I am having major issues with food lately. I got the exercise part down, but the food is killing me. Yesterday I ran/walked 10 miles...but I think I was still positive on calories because I ate crap. I was telling Janet that at work I am terrible with food because I don't have the time to talk myself out of the cravings. I am not making excuses for myself because I shouldn't be eating that stuff but that is the reason. . When I am dealing with so much crap like I was this term, to have to concentrate so much on the food aspect just wasn't happeinging. Next trimester will be much smoother because I am not completely developing a curriculum.

We all knew that the band wasn't going to solve the head issues. What I have been going through this several months is testiment to that. Even though I was really strong and made a lot of headway last year...what has happened to me has shown me that we will always have these fights. Some minutes will be easier than others. And yes...for me it comes down to minutes sometimes. I have tried punishment and rewards and neither one seems to work for me. This ISN'T about food. For me this is about my need to feel like the world isn't falling apart and that I am going to be alright. Not only was I conditioned to the fact that food means comfort it was also the only thing that I could count on being there. It is something that I feel like I can accomplish even in a short amount of time. I know this sounds ridiculous but when my world is spiraling out of control and I don't seem to be getting ANYTHING done...at least I can finish off those 10 crackers. When I do that I "accomplished" something. While I realize that this is sabotaging my ultimate effort at losing my 15 pounds, at THAT moment I am accomplishing something.

I know that I am rambling but I hope that it helps both you and I and anyone else that is reading this. I know for me right now I am living moment to moment and not living in the big picture. Last year I took the time to look at the big picture. I had goals and I saw progress. Now all I see is what I have to do in the next 5 minutes and in that 5 minutes there is so much to do that I can't think beyond it. Living healthy requires more attention than that. As my wise mommy always says...we have to be selfish and right now I don't feel like I can be. If I could see that more people were suffering because I was not being selfish I would change...but right now the only person suffering because of it and therefore I don't see me changing anytime soon.

Well my students are going crazy so I had best sign off. I don't know that I have any words of wisdom but I want you to know that you are not alone.

Thanks Karri, you do understand... that is an accomplishment in itself! Cause "I" don't understand "ME"...

Argh, Tomorow I am going to try something different. Going to go to that meeting and see what happens.. I gotta keep trying.

I know that this wk I've been bored with work, and also feeling some resentments I think that may play in what's eating me...

CALORIESCARBSFATPROTEINnt3_totals2.jpg1,467/203/40/86

After supper....

Edited by peaches9
more to add

O.k. its 1 p.m. and I've already had 936 calories!!

Click on an Item Above to Make a SubstitutionCALORIESCARBSFATPROTEINnt3_totals2.jpg9361272167 nt3_dailygoal2.gif 1,000 - 1,050163 - 23632 - 5660 - 127

I just can't seem to stick to my food Plan for the last week or so... eating JUNK!!

This morning I had weightcontrol Oatmeal, skim milk... then chocolate covered Almonds (while driving) and a donut :thumbup: = DARLING WHO BOUGHT THEM FOR YOU

I've already h ad my DAYS allotment of calories!!!

I have a weightloss goal in mind, but I keep sabotaging myself... I know its wrong, but I keep doing it.:tt1:

Geez Louise

I just looked up Overeaters Anon. and there is a meeting IN my town. Wednesday nights at 7:30... so there, there are no more excuses not to deal with my addiction. Lap band is good, but its my Head that is "FLICKED up"....

IMHO I really believe the majority of all our problems with weight is in our heads

I know that I am rambling but I hope that it helps both you and I and anyone else that is reading this. I know for me right now I am living moment to moment and not living in the big picture. Last year I took the time to look at the big picture. I had goals and I saw progress. Now all I see is what I have to do in the next 5 minutes and in that 5 minutes there is so much to do that I can't think beyond it. Living healthy requires more attention than that. As my wise mommy always says...we have to be selfish and right now I don't feel like I can be.

OK how about BALANCE - FINDING BALANCE BETWEEN SCHOOL AND YOU...

If I could see that more people were suffering because I was not being selfish I would change...but right now the only person suffering because of it and therefore I don't see me changing anytime soon.

Thanks Karri, you do understand... that is an accomplishment in itself! Cause "I" don't understand "ME"...

Argh, Tomorow I am going to try something different. Going to go to that meeting and see what happens.. I gotta keep trying.

THAT'S THE SECERT - DON'T GIVE UP - THAT'S WHAT WE DID BEFORE WE GAVE UP - AT LEAST NOW WE ARE WORKING AT IT..

I know that this wk I've been bored with work, and also feeling some resentments I think that may play in what's eating me...

CALORIESCARBSFATPROTEIN

nt3_totals2.jpg1,467/203/40/86

After supper....

Ok Hugs Girls - I am so sorry that you guys are struggling so - You both are under stress and that doesn't help. I notice when I joined Insurance Women and went to a convention that there were a lot of obese insurance women - and I really contribute it to the stress -

Candice - I have never been to OA but I think it's like AA or Na - but just about our drug of choice food - I am proud of you for making that call - let us know how it goes.

Karri - Stay out of that other room :0) where you get the junk - I wish I could help you find the balance that you need to be there for you kids and for you too..

Well, after reading how much the 2 of you are struggling - I had not been to the gym since a week ago Monday- Wed didn't go cuz I was sick - didn't go Saturday over slept - didn't go Yesterday - and really didn't want to go today - but I just said - Janet you have already missed 3 workouts - YOU CAN NOT MISS ANOTHER ONE... So I went - this is such a slipper slope - it's soo easy to slip back into old ways - we just have to really stay on top of it.

I went to the store after gym to get Andrew OJ cuz he's sick well I was starving - had a sample bratworst 2 small chunks and 1 1/2 cracker with a dab of cheese - but I wanted cheeto puffs - but I know I can't eat them cuz I can't have a portion - I have to eat til there gone - so I just don't buy

I don't go to the other side of the office when they have donuts - and if they are still in there at lunch I just cover them up and put them at the other side of the table.. I like them but I guess they really aren't a super danger food for me...

Phyl - Did Linda leave - I figured she did cuz she never called.. How was Water exercise this morning..

Well, need to get Andrew's dinner started - will check back in a few...

I would love to stay out of that room...if only the printer, lab supplies, and office supplies were not right next to her huge supplies of food. Last year the food wasn't there AND I could resist it.

Balance is the key to everything...and i am seriously out of balance right now. I had a nice long talk with DH tonight and he was incredibly supportive and gave me some great advice. He gave me a great perspective that I haven't been able to see. He told me that if he had to describe my life right now it would be a jigsaw puzzle. But not just any jigsaw puzzle. He said that is like I have taken 8 different puzzles and dumbed them all together in one bowl and am frantically trying to put the puzzles together without knowing what the pictures are. He really hit it on the head. Last year I had clear defined goals...not just about my weight or exercise...but about my personal life and my work life. This year...there are no goals. It is just about survival. When we are in survival mode there is no time to make long thought out decisions...instead it is to react to do what we feel is best. In those moments I don't take the time to think about WHAT is best...I just react. And I am trying to overcome 28 years of bad decisions. Without dilegence, we are going to fall back into habits that we had for so long. Old habits die hard. I feel like I have to completely start over. Yes...I think the new habits will come back faster, but I am still going to struggle forever.

I really need to work on how to get the balance. That is what is most frustrating...I KNOW what I need to...now it is HOW to do it.

Well Biggest Loser is on and then I am going to go to bed. I will check in tomorrow.

BTW...I did 5.5 miles today. Tomorrow I have a support group meeting and then back to the gym on Thursday for a 10 miler followed by a 6 miler on Friday. Then we are going to go hiking this weekend.

IMHO I really believe the majority of all our problems with weight is in our heads

Ok Hugs Girls - I am so sorry that you guys are struggling so - You both are under stress and that doesn't help. I notice when I joined Insurance Women and went to a convention that there were a lot of obese insurance women - and I really contribute it to the stress -

Candice - I have never been to OA but I think it's like AA or Na - but just about our drug of choice food - I am proud of you for making that call - let us know how it goes.

I belonged to OA for about a year back in the mid 70's. Earl was on a remote tour in Alaska and I was back in NY near my family, and that's why it was only a year. Then we moved. But it is a GREAT group and I was fairly successful with their program.

Karri - Stay out of that other room :0) where you get the junk - I wish I could help you find the balance that you need to be there for you kids and for you too..

Well, after reading how much the 2 of you are struggling - I had not been to the gym since a week ago Monday- Wed didn't go cuz I was sick - didn't go Saturday over slept - didn't go Yesterday - and really didn't want to go today - but I just said - Janet you have already missed 3 workouts - YOU CAN NOT MISS ANOTHER ONE... So I went - this is such a slipper slope - it's soo easy to slip back into old ways - we just have to really stay on top of it.

I went to the store after gym to get Andrew OJ cuz he's sick well I was starving - had a sample bratworst 2 small chunks and 1 1/2 cracker with a dab of cheese - but I wanted cheeto puffs - but I know I can't eat them cuz I can't have a portion - I have to eat til there gone - so I just don't buy

I don't go to the other side of the office when they have donuts - and if they are still in there at lunch I just cover them up and put them at the other side of the table.. I like them but I guess they really aren't a super danger food for me...

Phyl - Did Linda leave - I figured she did cuz she never called.. How was Water exercise this morning..

Well, need to get Andrew's dinner started - will check back in a few...

Yes, Linda & Mel left around noon time. Surprised she didn't call you because she said she was going to. They said they had reservations in Vegas for tonight. And Mel wanted to go take pictures of the wind mills. I think they were going to drive up 62 and maybe stop briefly at Joshua Tree Nat'l. Park.

They came over at 7:30 a.m. and Earl made them omelets. Then we went up to the pool... Earl helped them get some laundry started and I think Mel finished it when we went in the pool.

Water aerobics was great... I was pumped because Linda had trouble keeping up! :thumbup: See I AM doing it EVERY day! She said her legs started hurting and she wanted to be able to walk in Vegas the rest of the week.

I would love to stay out of that room...if only the printer, lab supplies, and office supplies were not right next to her huge supplies of food. Last year the food wasn't there AND I could resist it.

Balance is the key to everything...and i am seriously out of balance right now. I had a nice long talk with DH tonight and he was incredibly supportive and gave me some great advice. He gave me a great perspective that I haven't been able to see. He told me that if he had to describe my life right now it would be a jigsaw puzzle. But not just any jigsaw puzzle. He said that is like I have taken 8 different puzzles and dumbed them all together in one bowl and am frantically trying to put the puzzles together without knowing what the pictures are. He really hit it on the head. Last year I had clear defined goals...not just about my weight or exercise...but about my personal life and my work life. This year...there are no goals. It is just about survival. When we are in survival mode there is no time to make long thought out decisions...instead it is to react to do what we feel is best. In those moments I don't take the time to think about WHAT is best...I just react. And I am trying to overcome 28 years of bad decisions. Without dilegence, we are going to fall back into habits that we had for so long. Old habits die hard. I feel like I have to completely start over. Yes...I think the new habits will come back faster, but I am still going to struggle forever.

I really need to work on how to get the balance. That is what is most frustrating...I KNOW what I need to...now it is HOW to do it.

Well Biggest Loser is on and then I am going to go to bed. I will check in tomorrow.

BTW...I did 5.5 miles today. Tomorrow I have a support group meeting and then back to the gym on Thursday for a 10 miler followed by a 6 miler on Friday. Then we are going to go hiking this weekend.

You gals ARE going to get a handle on this!

Keep fighting!

Can you get them to MOVE the food somewhere else???

I have asked her to move the food, but she says that she needs easy access to it for the kids and that if I don't like it to just not eat it.

I will figure it out...right now I am just struggling a bit. Things will smooth out when I can get the balance back in my life that I deserve. I know that when I say that I am going to work all of spring break that it sounds like I am not going to bring the balance back, but in reality it will be the best for me because I can get ahead and not be living 5 minutes at a time. I am going to do most of the work from home because at home I can completely control the situation. No matter how much CRAP I eat I refuse to bring it in the house. Therefore when I am working on school work and planning at home there is no chance of me eating crap everytime I need to print something!

Good night!

Hello ladies!!! I hope you all had a wonderful day. Mine was fabulous. I just have to share. Before I do let me warn that this may be very LONG and RAMBLING and at times seem odd, but like any good story, I have to explain the whole thing....

My dad passed away almost 3 years ago. This threw me into a horrible depression. 1 week after he passed, I found out I was pregnant with Jai. I didn't want a baby that wouldn't know her grandfather, I didn't want to bring a baby into the world period, in 4 months I gained almost 40 pounds and just didn't give a rats patoot about anything. My world was falling apart. Jeff, bless his heart, tried to help and told me about this book "The Secret" and I was ready to try anything so I bought it. It was supposed to have THE answer. THE secret to life summed up in 200 pages. Well I got through the first 10 and said, "Like hell!!! How dare this woman say...." I was ANGRY. Well, I never picked the book back up and pushed it all out of my mind.

Now while I was packing for this trip I came across my books on cd and was looking through to find something to listen to and here was "The Secret" that I must have bought at some time but never opened. Well, I'm in a much better frame of mind (not great but much better) and thought that I'd give it a go. If i hated it I could always turn it off.

I have to say I've never had such an amazing journey as this trip across the state. It was below zero but my car ran wonderfully, the roads were perfect, someone pumped my gas when I went to fill up, the kids got along and were happy. (okay...aside....the kids can't have their happy meal toys until they eat their main "dish" and they know that. Well Nick ate his and was playing and Jai refused. I gave them to here a few times and she kept tossing them aside. Well nick says "Mom, I ate Jai's nuggets. Can she have her toy now?" That's how well they were getting along) It was epiphany after epiphany in the car today. I took a long hard look at my life as a whole and saw this "secret" played out over and over and over. I could see this "secret" in my spiritual faith. It wasn't contrary to it, it added to it. It was beautiful.

Now the "secret" isn't this simple panacia to placate. It isn't wishful thinking. It's a way of living and I can see the work that it is going to take to bring about change in my life. But I'm worth it and I'm willing to work at it.

So....what does this mean to you? I don't know. That depends on where you are in your world. I would recommend the book. I would urge you to give it a shot, but it's about ME, not you. EXCEPT....there was this part about how diets don't work....because we are focussing on the WEIGHT we want to lose, not on the outcome that we expect. We don't have our eye on the prize on a diet. We focus on the weight and that is what goes...but also what comes back...because it's our focus. If we change our focus to the healthy life we desire, and HEALTH is what we are striving for, the weight loss will follow naturally without the weight gain that accompanies a diet. It may seem like a very minute difference, but it makes so much sense...and I believe it.

Okay...enough rambling. If you made it through that, bless your soul. If you want to know more about "The Secret" I highly recommend it. I've not felt this at peace with the world since I let go of my father over 15 months after he passed.

Hugs ladies. I love you all. You are beautiful women and make such positive impacts on my life. Bless you.

Hello ladies!!! I hope you all had a wonderful day. Mine was fabulous. I just have to share. Before I do let me warn that this may be very LONG and RAMBLING and at times seem odd, but like any good story, I have to explain the whole thing....

My dad passed away almost 3 years ago. This threw me into a horrible depression. 1 week after he passed, I found out I was pregnant with Jai. I didn't want a baby that wouldn't know her grandfather, I didn't want to bring a baby into the world period, in 4 months I gained almost 40 pounds and just didn't give a rats patoot about anything. My world was falling apart. Jeff, bless his heart, tried to help and told me about this book "The Secret" and I was ready to try anything so I bought it. It was supposed to have THE answer. THE secret to life summed up in 200 pages. Well I got through the first 10 and said, "Like hell!!! How dare this woman say...." I was ANGRY. Well, I never picked the book back up and pushed it all out of my mind.

Now while I was packing for this trip I came across my books on cd and was looking through to find something to listen to and here was "The Secret" that I must have bought at some time but never opened. Well, I'm in a much better frame of mind (not great but much better) and thought that I'd give it a go. If i hated it I could always turn it off.

I have to say I've never had such an amazing journey as this trip across the state. It was below zero but my car ran wonderfully, the roads were perfect, someone pumped my gas when I went to fill up, the kids got along and were happy. (okay...aside....the kids can't have their happy meal toys until they eat their main "dish" and they know that. Well Nick ate his and was playing and Jai refused. I gave them to here a few times and she kept tossing them aside. Well nick says "Mom, I ate Jai's nuggets. Can she have her toy now?" That's how well they were getting along) It was epiphany after epiphany in the car today. I took a long hard look at my life as a whole and saw this "secret" played out over and over and over. I could see this "secret" in my spiritual faith. It wasn't contrary to it, it added to it. It was beautiful.

Now the "secret" isn't this simple panacia to placate. It isn't wishful thinking. It's a way of living and I can see the work that it is going to take to bring about change in my life. But I'm worth it and I'm willing to work at it.

So....what does this mean to you? I don't know. That depends on where you are in your world. I would recommend the book. I would urge you to give it a shot, but it's about ME, not you. EXCEPT....there was this part about how diets don't work....because we are focussing on the WEIGHT we want to lose, not on the outcome that we expect. We don't have our eye on the prize on a diet. We focus on the weight and that is what goes...but also what comes back...because it's our focus. If we change our focus to the healthy life we desire, and HEALTH is what we are striving for, the weight loss will follow naturally without the weight gain that accompanies a diet. It may seem like a very minute difference, but it makes so much sense...and I believe it.

Okay...enough rambling. If you made it through that, bless your soul. If you want to know more about "The Secret" I highly recommend it. I've not felt this at peace with the world since I let go of my father over 15 months after he passed.

Hugs ladies. I love you all. You are beautiful women and make such positive impacts on my life. Bless you.[/ quote]

WOW! A lot to think about. It does make sense! I'll have to look for that book. Sounds like a good thing to read. Glad you had a pleasant trip. Sounds like the weather was awful up there today (according to what I heard on the news).

3_3_5v.gif

Thank you for all loving me in your own way, and making this journey into wellness a little easier.

Steph, you are right about the SECRET, I do have a copy - I've just chosen not to look at it much lately.... I'll have to re-read it again. I am glad that your trip was a successful one and rewarding too. Ain't it great when the kids get along!

Phyl & Janet; You are so lucky to have been able to spend a wee bit of time with our Linda.. Isnt' she just the greatest? Love her.

Karri; I have got to get into the routine of Fitness again, you are a super example to emulate..

Well, I'm off to 'that' meeting tonight, I am not going to chicken out... just gonna do it!! I will hear something that I need to I am sure of it.

CBL

Have a great day everyone :mad2:

Checking in ladies. Sorry for the long post last night. I had so much to share but I didn't need to be quite so wordy. You are wonderful to have read it and responded.

I'm in Helena and working with OPI today. I came in this morning and Jean took one look at me and said "why are you here? We are going to take you to Urgent Care" so I spent a lot of time this morning waiting. I was hardly walking. It was pretty bad, I have to admit. But the urgent care PA (who looked like she was 12!) gave me no real answers and told me to follow up with my regular dr as soon as I could. She gave me a shot in my butt and 3 scripts and sent me on my way. I'm starting to think this is all in my head. It's nuts! These docs don't treat me like there is any real problem and I can hardly walk anymore. I can't stand up without assistance, I can't wipe my own butt (sorry TMI!), I can't reach for a coffee cup. And they just tell me to give it time. Anyways...I'm frustrated but not. I'll get through it.

Okay...better get back to work.

Yes, Linda & Mel left around noon time. Surprised she didn't call you because she said she was going to. They said they had reservations in Vegas for tonight. And Mel wanted to go take pictures of the wind mills. I think they were going to drive up 62 and maybe stop briefly at Joshua Tree Nat'l. Park.

They came over at 7:30 a.m. and Earl made them omelets. Then we went up to the pool... Earl helped them get some laundry started and I think Mel finished it when we went in the pool.

Water aerobics was great... I was pumped because Linda had trouble keeping up! :mad2: See I AM doing it EVERY day! She said her legs started hurting and she wanted to be able to walk in Vegas the rest of the week.

You gals ARE going to get a handle on this!

Keep fighting!

Can you get them to MOVE the food somewhere else???

Hey Phyl,

Way to go with the H2O exercise. You're going to be in great shape for your knee replacements!!!

BIG HUG!!:wink2:

CALORIESCARBSFATPROTEINnt3_totals2.jpg1,467/203/40/86

After supper....

How about setting some short-term rewards...like if you make it through 1 day ok, you can buy a new barrette for your 2nd honeymoon, and if you make it though 3 days ok you can buy a discount swimming suit, and if you make it through 2 weeks then you can buy that kick-ass beautiful suit that you saw at Neiman-Marcus???? France here you come. Svelte !!!

HUG:wink2:

Checking in ladies. Sorry for the long post last night. I had so much to share but I didn't need to be quite so wordy. You are wonderful to have read it and responded.

I'm in Helena and working with OPI today. I came in this morning and Jean took one look at me and said "why are you here? We are going to take you to Urgent Care" so I spent a lot of time this morning waiting. I was hardly walking. It was pretty bad, I have to admit. But the urgent care PA (who looked like she was 12!) gave me no real answers and told me to follow up with my regular dr as soon as I could. She gave me a shot in my butt and 3 scripts and sent me on my way. I'm starting to think this is all in my head. It's nuts! These docs don't treat me like there is any real problem and I can hardly walk anymore. I can't stand up without assistance, I can't wipe my own butt (sorry TMI!), I can't reach for a coffee cup. And they just tell me to give it time. Anyways...I'm frustrated but not. I'll get through it.

Okay...better get back to work.

POO-BAH!!(That's a big poo-bah, if you didn't catch it!!)(oops, was that too loud?). It is not all in your head! Getting to the real root of back pain is very difficult and can take real perseverance. We were never meant to walk upright and we pay for it many times over. My chronic back pain resolved itself into knees going down the tube. Don't give up!! Can you get yourself to a sports medicine specialist (yea, you're sporty enough for them)? The orthopedic specialists who were able to isolate my exact problem were from that area.

Sooooo, if there is nobody up in MT, you can always come visit me in CO. We've seem to collect these guys down here. HUh, huh???

LOL and Big HUG,

Edited by Car