Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Okay. Backed up. Phyl, so sorry to hear about your uncle. I had an aunt and uncle that died within hours of each other, both naturally. His name was Ed and hers was Edna. I don't remember which went first but the authorities didn't even get there for one before the other passed. It really is amazing what true love can conquer. Hugs for you.

Years ago I worked with a gal in Colorado whose parents died that way. Father had a heart attack, Mom called the paramedics and by the time they got there they were both gone.

On a lighter note, we went to a really fun birthday party today and I can't believe this but I DANCED with my husband for the first time in quite a few years! Very carefully, and only a few slow dances, but I danced! Everyone was having so much fun with all this old 60's music... Elvis, etc., that I could hardly contain myself! It was great fun! I want these knees fixed big time!

5_1_100.gif

In fact Karri where are you - have you lost it - are you in jail - what's up girl..

Nope...not in jail. IN fact just the opposite! We were out and about all weekend. On Saturday we went backpack shopping because we are going to start hiking and we want to do some LONG hikes this summer. Then after that...we went hiking. It was really windy but the sun was out and it was beautiful.

THen on Sunday after all that beautiful sun...it was snowing. I always want to live someplace that has 4 seasons...just not in 1 week!!!! We had free tickets to the Sportsman Outdoor show so we went and walked around there. I wasn't interested in anything...but there were a lot of students around so I had to pretend to be interested in their backwards way of living:tt2:. Then we went to lunch and finally to see the Watchmen. Seriously...I would have rather been in jail!!! I still have NO idea what that movie was about. Even DH was confused. Plus I was freezing the entire time. Goosebumps and the whole works so I was miserable. Anyways it was the longest almost 3 hours of my life!

As for being cold...this sucks. I started getting cold last year when I was losing weight but this is ridiculous. I am freezing ALL the time. I can never get warm unless I am under layers and layers of blankets. My hands and nose are permanently frozen. I wear my coat at school all day because I just can't get warm. I WANT SUMMER!!!!

Well best get going. 4 days left in this trimester and then we start again. It is DUMB though...we have 1 week of the new trimester and then 1 week of spring break. Tell me how ridiculous that is!!

Chat later!

Good Morning!

Sorry to hear your dogs ended up with a bad "do"!! That's gotta be annoying! How long before it'll grow in so you can get them done again?

Time Warner... gotta love em! They came yesterday to replace the neighbor's cable because his TV picture was fuzzy. So we come home from shopping... we have DirecTV sattelite, so we still had TV but no phone or internet! Guy just came and replaced our cable. So now we all have cables laying on the ground... buried ones are old and dead. I was able to tap in to a neighbor's wi-fi last night, so I was still online. But no phone except for cell phone which only works if you sit absolutely still and only in the front of the RV. But I was able to talk to my sister last night, and we talked to our son.

I think I forgot to tell you guys this... remember last year when my Aunt Genny died the last day we were here.. Mar 31? Well, her husband died this past week.. Uncle Frank. Services tomorrow. Thought Mom would take it harder, but she's doing okay. He was like another brother to her. He was dx'd w/lung cancer about the same time Aunt Genny got sick. Kind of ironic.... just about a year later. He lost his fight when he lost his "Irish"... that's what he called her.

Steph... hope your back is feeling better!

Earl is off flying airplanes, so I'm going to church alone again! Not singing in the choir today because I didn't go to practice AGAIN ... feeling too miserable on Friday. So, guess I'll see if I can finish reading the paper before I leave. CBL

Phyl - Angel will take about a month I guess - bear isn't bad - it' my angel baby with her skinny legs and fat body (mommy's fault) and big top knot..

When are they (time warner going to fix you )

Hugs about your Uncle sorry to hear - will give you real hug in a little bit..

Hi ladies. Home from church. I've got to do something about my children. Holy thoughts are the furthest thing from my mind while I'm in church. It's dreadfully sinful for me to even be there with them

Janet, I inherited some great stuff from my dad. He gave me his short legs, his horrible vision, his penchant for....lets call them lectures, and his weak back. After 3 years of drill team in high school doing splits and high kicks for an hour every day, 3 c-sections, and a decade and a half of obesity, my lower back has just about given out. When I went to the doc a couple of months ago I knew he was going to have bad news because he had always said my pain was caused by my obesity and if I would just lose weight, it would be better, and now he didn't have that to fall back on. So I KNEW it wasn't good. He said that by the symptoms I was describing he was sure that one of my lower discs was about to blow and if we did an MRI we would see a large bulge where it was weakened. My dad had a blown disk at about 45, my brother before he was 40. Every man in his family has had a blown disk and a few of the women. He said there wasn't really anything we could do until it ruptures. When I went to the chiro he said about the same thing, but that I may find some relief with accupuncture and so I tried that. Now I'm worried that if I start walking 10 miles a day I may do it more damage than good. I can't get in to see him until the 27th. If he says it's alright I'll start the 3day walk training, otherwise I'll see what he says. My brother says I will be so relieved when I finally have surgery. I hope he is right. So, probably more than you wanted to know, but that's the scoop.

Okay...gotta go deal with the kids. They are going to kill each other today I think. Later ladies

Steph - No it wasn't TMI - Yes I wanted the whole scoop

do i yell at you about snowmobiling - what are you doing crashing putting your back at risk - I know you are young - but still if you have a bad back you gotta be careful - can't help it it's the Mom in me....

Steph, I hope the acupuncture helps and you can avoid surgery.

Janet, thanks for asking about my plans. I went shopping on Saturday with the family (one of my favorite pastimes) and played way too much Mob Wars.

Ladies, I need more mobsters!

Donna - I have played a bit - will try again - I just wasn't on the computer much this weekend - I am parking wars - pathword (can't beat Steph she must have a dicinoary in her head) possum toss... and LBT - only so many hours in a day..

Nope...not in jail. IN fact just the opposite! We were out and about all weekend. On Saturday we went backpack shopping because we are going to start hiking and we want to do some LONG hikes this summer. Then after that...we went hiking. It was really windy but the sun was out and it was beautiful.

THen on Sunday after all that beautiful sun...it was snowing. I always want to live someplace that has 4 seasons...just not in 1 week!!!! We had free tickets to the Sportsman Outdoor show so we went and walked around there. I wasn't interested in anything...but there were a lot of students around so I had to pretend to be interested in their backwards way of living:tt2:. Then we went to lunch and finally to see the Watchmen. Seriously...I would have rather been in jail!!! I still have NO idea what that movie was about. Even DH was confused. Plus I was freezing the entire time. Goosebumps and the whole works so I was miserable. Anyways it was the longest almost 3 hours of my life!

As for being cold...this sucks. I started getting cold last year when I was losing weight but this is ridiculous. I am freezing ALL the time. I can never get warm unless I am under layers and layers of blankets. My hands and nose are permanently frozen. I wear my coat at school all day because I just can't get warm. I WANT SUMMER!!!!

Well best get going. 4 days left in this trimester and then we start again. It is DUMB though...we have 1 week of the new trimester and then 1 week of spring break. Tell me how ridiculous that is!!

Chat later!

Glad to hear your not in Jail :rolleyes::lol:

Ok I gotta get to work - leaving at noon to meet up with Phyl & Linda !!!!

Got my camera - so we will post pics..

Hi there ladies. Checking in. Got a stomach bug about 4pm yesterday and have been down and out since then. Still feel not so great but will live....didn't think I would before 4 today. Throwing up all night but am still able to get Water down so Im sticking to liquids as much as possible. Trying to stay hydrated. Supposed to have a fill on Monday so I don't want to ruin that. It's been since November when she took almost all of it out.

As for the 3day Car, you can find the schedule of events at Welcome to the Breast Cancer 3-Day: Schedule . The one in the twin cities works better for my schedule, but Seattle would get me out to meet Karri which I have wanted to do since she introduced me to this wonderful thread right after my surgery. There is one in Denver you know. I'm going to have to get the go ahead from my doc before I say I will do it. I'm probably going to need an MRI on my lower back to rule out any forthcoming surgery...or rule it in. After my crud last night I can hardly walk. I'm afraid it is going to blow out any time now. I don't know how long it will be after surgery until I can be back to myself. I hope not long. Or maybe training for the 3day will make it better. I don't know. When do you go to France?

Okay....too much thinking. Getting foggy again. Will check in later tonight. Love you ladies. Tell Linda hi for me. I'm so jealous.

Hi Steph,

Hope your tummy is all better by now. I'm sure that all of us really like to pass on the throwing up thing.

We will be in France for most of September. DH says that we will only be gone for 3 weeks, but we'll see about that......

I like Seattle, so I'm sorry that I'll be missing your walk there.

Love,

Car

Hugs Steph - I too have always been afraid of stomach flu with the band - knock wood - haven't had any problems - but I can't tell you the last time I had stomach flu..

Well you know that walk is in San Diego too :laugh:

Gosh I am going to be sad to miss that one - cuz I want to meet My Daughter too ...

In fact Karri where are you - have you lost it - are you in jail - what's up girl..

Candice - how are you today

Donna - what's your weekend plans

Car - What are you doing

Kari - hope you are having fun

Phyl - hope the wind doesn't get too bad

Well - just cking in - cbl

You guys got off on the reality shows and I just zoned out. Luv ya.

It's breezy here - but not bad - my feet are cold though

I need to go and get some new visors & sun glasses from COD - Maybe I will do that (if I remember) after I take the dogs to the groomers... Note to self- COD tomorrow :0)

I am ok I think mine is allergies - the claredin really helps..

Ok, you got me. What is COD? I'm sure it's not Cash on Delivery.....

Car

Good Morning!

Sorry to hear your dogs ended up with a bad "do"!! That's gotta be annoying! How long before it'll grow in so you can get them done again?

Time Warner... gotta love em! They came yesterday to replace the neighbor's cable because his TV picture was fuzzy. So we come home from shopping... we have DirecTV sattelite, so we still had TV but no phone or internet! Guy just came and replaced our cable. So now we all have cables laying on the ground... buried ones are old and dead. I was able to tap in to a neighbor's wi-fi last night, so I was still online. But no phone except for cell phone which only works if you sit absolutely still and only in the front of the RV. But I was able to talk to my sister last night, and we talked to our son.

I think I forgot to tell you guys this... remember last year when my Aunt Genny died the last day we were here.. Mar 31? Well, her husband died this past week.. Uncle Frank. Services tomorrow. Thought Mom would take it harder, but she's doing okay. He was like another brother to her. He was dx'd w/lung cancer about the same time Aunt Genny got sick. Kind of ironic.... just about a year later. He lost his fight when he lost his "Irish"... that's what he called her.

Steph... hope your back is feeling better!

Earl is off flying airplanes, so I'm going to church alone again! Not singing in the choir today because I didn't go to practice AGAIN ... feeling too miserable on Friday. So, guess I'll see if I can finish reading the paper before I leave. CBL

Hi Phyl,

Sorry to hear about your loss. Your mom sounds like she's a trooper.

Please elaborate on the statement "Earl is off flying airplanes"....soooo is that in those 2 - 4 seaters that carry people up in the clouds??? I am such a sucker for those flyie things...

LOL,

Car

Years ago I worked with a gal in Colorado whose parents died that way. Father had a heart attack, Mom called the paramedics and by the time they got there they were both gone.

On a lighter note, we went to a really fun birthday party today and I can't believe this but I DANCED with my husband for the first time in quite a few years! Very carefully, and only a few slow dances, but I danced! Everyone was having so much fun with all this old 60's music... Elvis, etc., that I could hardly contain myself! It was great fun! I want these knees fixed big time!

5_1_100.gif

You go, girl!! I'm envious. My husband hates to dance.

So, tell me about your knees. I have 2 bionic ones and they are the best things since sliced bread (got that one from a Mennonite friend). I keep forgetting that they aren't my originals. Exercise, exercise, exercise. It's the best way if you are preparing for replacement.

Dance on, sweet princess....

Hi ladies. Just a quick check in. Everyone yell!!!! STEPH GOTTA FILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bad news was the weight gain since November but PA wasn't too harsh since I've been unfilled since beginning of November. This winter has been super harsh. I'm going to get it off though. Not too stressed. It is going to happen.

Liquids for 2 days. today and tomorrow I'm traveling cross state so it will be fine to be on liquids.

Okay...very tired and back is very sore. Yes, Janet, I know you need to lecture me about the snowmobile incident...but I did ask doc if it was okay and he said it was alright.

Okay...gotta get to bed. I will try to answer the other things tomorrow. pills are getting me dopey! Hugs to everyone.

Just checked my email and a friend of mine who is working on getting the band is going to the bank for a loan. She says that if it all goes well she is planning on going to TJ to Dr. Ortiz the end of the month. 2 questions....

1. He's good right? I don't have time to research right now but I want to tell her to run if he's iffy.

2. She has asked if I would travel with her. Do I need a passport to go to TJ? I don't have one and don't think it would get back that quickly.

I'm so excited for her, but I really have to get to bed. Hugs ladies.

Ok, you got me. What is COD? it's not Cash on Delivery.....Car

COD---College of the Desert... they have a big street fair there every weekend...love to go shop there.

Hi Phyl, Sorry to hear about your loss. Your mom sounds like she's a trooper.

Please elaborate on the statement "Earl is off flying airplanes"....soooo is that in those 2 - 4 seaters that carry people up in the clouds??? I am such a sucker for those flyie things...LOL, Car

He used to fly 2 & 4 seaters but now he just flies remote control planes... and not very well,at that!! LOL Every time he flies, we're off to the hobby shop for replacement parts!

You go, girl!! I'm envious. My husband hates to dance.

So, tell me about your knees. I have 2 bionic ones and they are the best things since sliced bread (got that one from a Mennonite friend). I keep forgetting that they aren't my originals. Exercise, exercise, exercise. It's the best way if you are preparing for replacement.

Dance on, sweet princess....

I had a partial replacement on the right knee... ortho guy says the hardware is collapsing down because of the weight loss. So I went to him assuming he could do a partial on the left... that's the one that hurts... and he says no, it needs a total but that the right one is more critical... needs to be converted to a total. That means total knee, right & left!! So I'm hoping when we go home around 1 May, I will go in and convince him to do them both at once ASAP. I want to get it over with and get on with my summer! I have places to go and people to see!! LOL

Just checked my email and a friend of mine who is working on getting the band is going to the bank for a loan. She says that if it all goes well she is planning on going to TJ to Dr. Ortiz the end of the month. 2 questions....

1. He's good right? I don't have time to research right now but I want to tell her to run if he's iffy.

2. She has asked if I would travel with her. Do I need a passport to go to TJ? I don't have one and don't think it would get back that quickly.

Don't know anything about Dr. Ortiz, but pretty sure you need a passport for TJ now. There are ways to get an expedited passport... check on the internet for instructions... might mean going to Bismark, though.

Edited by phyllser

I haven't read the post yet - will go back and do that in a few - but wanted to post pic - of Linda/Phyl/Me (and DH'S)

1st thing - Lets see how it turns out.

We had a great time visiting with Linda & her DH - Hopefully they stay another day :0)

It doesn't look like it's coming over very large...

Steph

I think he's ok- but if I were going to Mex I would use Wasabubblebutts doc - Dr Aceves..

You only need a passport right now if you fly to mexcio - if you drive or go on a cruise (like me) birth certificate will suffice - they keep pushing back the deadline..

I haven't read the post yet - will go back and do that in a few - but wanted to post pic - of Linda/Phyl/Me (and DH'S)

1st thing - Lets see how it turns out.

We had a great time visiting with Linda & her DH - Hopefully they stay another day :0)

It doesn't look like it's coming over very large...

Great picture Janet and Phyl;;; Everyone looks so happy... wish I was there!

Phyl I am sorry to hear about your Uncle's passing (((hugs))) to you and your family.

Got the morning off today, being really lazy here. Still in my P.j.'s woke up this morning to the dog YACKING in the bed... Boy did I jump up fast!! LOL Now the sheets are in the washing machine... I finished another quilt yesterdya... I'll post pictures later.

Gotta run to Collingwood to take my Mom's tax stuff to the Accountant. Plus she needs some repairs to a ring of hers so I am taking that there too.

Have a great day everyone...

Car, did you get my note about PayPal? I'm all set to send the deposit but I need instructions (dah!)

O.k. its 1 p.m. and I've already had 936 calories!!

Click on an Item Above to Make a SubstitutionCALORIESCARBSFATPROTEINnt3_totals2.jpg9361272167 nt3_dailygoal2.gif 1,000 - 1,050163 - 23632 - 5660 - 127

I just can't seem to stick to my food Plan for the last week or so... eating JUNK!!

This morning I had weightcontrol oatmeal, skim milk... then chocolate covered Almonds (while driving) and a donut :biggrin:

I've already h ad my DAYS allotment of calories!!!

I have a weightloss goal in mind, but I keep sabotaging myself... I know its wrong, but I keep doing it.:)

Geez Louise