Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Good Morning!

Karri, so sorry to hear you're having all this trouble. Doesn't make sense, does it??! Hope things get resolved soon.

Last paragraph of my post yesterday.... about my friend who wasn't at Primetimers yesterday.... this is so sad.. last night I got an urgent prayer request from church. Her husband came home from work at 4pm and found her dead. I still can't believe it! There are four ladies in that group that I always sit with and she's one of them. Haven't had too much contact with two of them all winter, so I wanted to show up yesterday to have a short visit. Was disappointed when she wasn't there. Others said she hadn't been feeling good on Sunday and wasn't at church, but she HAD been at Bible study on Tuesday. Apparently her husband called her around lunch time and no answer so he assumed she was at Primetimers. She was only about 55 yrs old, just had her first grandchild. Had a very serious lung condition... was told many years ago that she only had 5 yrs to live. She had to lug her oxygen around with her everywhere. And she was diabetic.. but she probably weighed in excess of 400 lb and I hoped if she lost some weight those things would all improve. But she didn't do her part and wasn't losing.

:eek::frown::lol:

That was a HUGE amount of fun. And I scored my first basket in a basketball game EVER!!!! 2 points for Psychadelic Salas...That was my nickname. I was the ONLY girl on the entire court. All of the staff were men and since the students are part of the MR. RHS pagent they were obviously all boys too!

Now this was no typical game. One of the times I subbed in I took an extra ball with me and before you knew it we had 3 balls on the court and every player! So as you can see...playing by the rules wasn't really part of the deal. So here is my picture. WHile I wasn't the best playa' I certainly was the best dressed.

Okay so I have to say that for anyone that is reading this and seeing how much we are struggling right now with our food (or for those of us that are getting discouraged right here in our little family), I have to say that tonight ranked right up there with the biggest accomplishments of my life. I ran on the baskeball court for 20 straight minutes tonight. I caught up to and out ran HIGH SCHOOL boys, many of whom are major athletes. Yes, we will struggle with food, yes we will have down days, but being able to accomplish what I did tonight and be part of something as special as MR RHS (it is a fundraiser for the neonatal intensive care unit) by far outweighs (yes pun intended) all of the struggles that I go through. Life IS easier to deal with when you are 100 pounds lighter. No this will not solve all of your problems and I am not going to go Polyanna on everyone and say that life is great and perfect now...but it is a HELL of a lot better. For 2 hours tonight I didn't have to worry about whether or not my belly was flapping out there or that people on my team wouldn't want me to play because I was so fat that when I ran the floor shook (and yes that is how I felt!). Now I was PART of the team and it was amazing.

Okay...off the soap box! MR RHS volleyball is coming up next month so I have to start working on the outfit for that one!!!

Karri I love that picture!~~~ You look like a really FUN person to be around... So glad you are part of OUR team!!!

You look fantastic!!!

Phyl, so sorry to hear about your friend. It is so hard to lose someone that we care about. We all know this band isn't for everyone and that as a last ditch effort for some, it's not going to be any better than their previous tries. Her weight may have had something to do with her early death, but it sounds like there were a ton of other issues. Hugs to you and prayers to her family.

Karri, I have a friend who has never had a fill. She feels restriction in the mornings and has some issues with pb'ing. Her doc says there are about 10% of bandsters that do not need anything more than the band to feel adequate restriction. My dietician talks about stress and body chemistry accounting for our changing restriction through the day. It doesn't have to be mental stress either, just stress on our bodies...being sick, pulling a muscle, or lack of sleep. Then once we have an incident, it just adds to the problems. I hope that this is all that is wrong. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you. Let us know what your docs say.

I have a sick kiddo. Nick was sick all night. Started in the evening and went all night. Didn't get a lot of sleep. He seems to be feeling better now, but now I'm worried about the others getting sick. We have a memorial snowmobile ride on Saturday and hopefully we won't have to miss it.

Yesterday's food was pretty good. Wish I had Phyl's restriction. I had to put more thought into everything when I had restriction. But only 2 more weeks until that happens. I'm glad I had everything removed before there was a serious band issue, but I miss that feeling.

Okay...off to take a shower and get ready for the world today.

Dear Phyl; I am so sorry to hear about your GF's passing. HUGS to you and your other friends who must be missing her now.

You are doing so well with your weight loss, when I read how much you eat, I vow to do better... I know I eat about 2 cups at a meal. cals might be o.k. but volume is too much.

I am going for a tiny fill on Sat in Toronto. I hope the weather will cooperate and the drive will be o.k.

I've been having food thoughts all morning. Don;t know why? As this is a very exciting day here in Canada.

Pres Obama is in Ottawa to meet our Prime Minister Stephen Harper. Everyone is very excited, huge crowds have gathered on Parliament Hill just to catch aglimpse of Obama... We are encouraged that they will be able to hammer out an agreement on Environmental Issues and Economic issues too.

A lot to hope for in just one day visit, but the opptimism abounds.!!!

I am staying glued to the TV all day so I don't miss anything.

Breakfast, Special K Satisfaction Cereal for Breaky,

lunch, Luna Protien Bar...

so far, so good..

CBL babes

C

One egg omelet for BF w/small amt of art. crab and moz cheese. That was owver three hours ago and having trouble drinking. Have to have a bit of lunch soon because taking little guy with me to go visit a friend while others are at a movie. I wanted to be tighter! Got what i wished for.

Haven't heard anything more about my friend.

Just think her lung problems caught up with her.

Wish she'd worked with her band... might have had a chance at a few more years...

or even a lung transplant.. drs had talked about that.

Well, gotta go check in for tomorrow's flight back to the sun. Although, I must say, lots of sun here this week... just too cold!

One egg omelet for BF w/small amt of art. crab and moz cheese. That was owver three hours ago and having trouble drinking. Have to have a bit of lunch soon because taking little guy with me to go visit a friend while others are at a movie. I wanted to be tighter! Got what i wished for.

Wish she'd worked with her band... might have had a chance at a few more years...

Well, gotta go check in for tomorrow's flight back to the sun. Although, I must say, lots of sun here this week... just too cold!

So you're off to the Sunny south again, oh what a nice break for you though to spend some quality family time...:tt2:

We should all be grateful for our bands and what we have been able to accomplish with them. Even though we struggle(especially this month) the long term gain of better health has been given to us all. Really Thank God for that!!! I myself am truly grateful that I am affluent enough to have been able to purchase my band. Most folks could not afford the $18k especially now with the economic downturn.

When I keep the BAND in perspective, I have to use it to its full potential and stop screwing around with my food.

I found a way to get around the block at school. If I click the link in the emails that they send you then it will let me through!!

Phyl - Sorry to hear about your friend. I think that if we could all figure out what makes us successful with the band and what makes others not that we would be rich. I have a lot of people ask me how I got to the right frame of mind to lose what I did. I tell them that if I had that answer that I would be sipping crystal light on some exotic beach and not working in the trenches of my classroom cause I would be RICH RICH RICH!!! We will be passing each other as I am heading to WA! (More on that in a moment)

Steph - I have never had to have much of a fill. In fact the last 20 pounds that I lost prior to PS was all unfilled. The biggest fill that I ever had was a 1.8 in a 10cc band. So I am certainly one of those people who don't need to have much of a fill. however this is ridiculous. The think that I just irritated my stomach on top of the body stress (mental and physical) that is going on. I have changed my running routine to make sure that I am getting a lot more weightlifting so that could certainly be part of it. We can't forget the crap that is going on with school and my retarded student teacher and then the whole moving issues that I have done in the last several months. I am just exhausted and that is probably what the problem is but they want to have me do a barium swallow to make sure that the band is right where it is supposed to be. so I have to miss work AGAIN tomorrow. This is not a good thing as the supervisor for my student teacher is going to be here tomorrow and we need to really sit down and get some thing fixed. Oh well...I have to let it go!

Well I need to get back to some actual work!

Hi Girls,

Just a real quickie before I run to have my chin lasered again.

I am SOOOO happy with my current band fill I could s**#&!! Just catches me right. Now, if my sister-in-law would not bake any more of those yummie chocolate Cookies.< /span>

Karrie, hang in there. When you get to that sweet spot, it's so nice.

Steph, te amo! Thanks for the mail. Hope the kiddies are better.

Hugs to everyone

Car

Hi Girls,

I am SOOOO happy with my current band fill I could s**#&!! Just catches me right. Now, if my sister-in-law would not bake any more of those yummie chocolate Cookies.< /span>

Hugs to everyone

Car

Carolyn, I've been trying to reach you... a while back you sent me a link to your condo in France. I am interested in renting a property in France for the last 2 weeks of June 09. My DH is retiring from the Navy and I want to take him someplace special to Celebrate.< /strong>

Can you send me some details?

Peaches, cmcintyre_beach@hotmail.com

Car!!! I'm so glad to see you pop in. Between you and Phyl, we'll have some banding positives. Janet is always positive, but after meeting her, she's a machine and I can only hope to be half of what she is. Love you Janet, but you are one tough cookie...I don't know how you are what you are, but wish I did.

Car, when were you filled and how have you been? I know you've had some down feelings, but I've come to believe it's a combo of winter/economy/life for the most of us. The days are getting longer and we will be living in the land of the sun one day soon.

Have you all read the blog post from the opening page. "The Awakening". The power in that message was amazing. I can't wait to read the next three sections. I think it can speak to all of us. Here's the link so Karri can get through to it too http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f197/awakening-part-i-88174/ It spoke to me anyways.

Well...off to do some more laundry. Have a great day ladies. Missed you Car. Glad you're back. I hugged my puppies for you.

Hello Everyone,

Karri- Congratulations, it sounds like you had fun.

Phyl- So sorry about your friend, only 55, that's terrible!

I went to the dermo today to have my spider veins saline injected. It didn't hurt much, but I still got hot all over and felt nauseous and faint. It stings a little now, not much. I have to wear compression stocking for 6weeks.

Hey Gang - I have been busy being Executor - Bookkeeper etc -Working my job etc- and I didn't sleep well last night either and have been very blah today....

Okay...someone explain this to me please. I had a COMPLETE unfill when I had the flu and then stayed on my liquids for 1 week and 3 days followed by mushies. I followed the directions to a T! However I am ALWAYS tight in the morning. I can no longer eat eggs and if I want anything besides cereal I have to drink tea. Over the last several days however I have been very tight and have pb'd 3 times. Now I am going on an HOUR of pb'ing on chicken. Really????? SHould I have any of these problems? I am calling the doc in the morning, but now my stomach is SORE SORE SORE. It is actually throbbing and I have major heart burn and pain in the back. So much for going to the gym tonight. I am going to bed instead. Hopefully gym in the morning.

I'll keep in touch but keep your fingers crossed that nothing is wrong!!!

Karri - Baby girl - hugs prayers that everythng is ok - I agree with Steph - you have just irriated your band - but let us know ASAP - am glad you found away around the block - I am lucky to be BFF with our IT person :0)

Good Morning!

Karri, so sorry to hear you're having all this trouble. Doesn't make sense, does it??! Hope things get resolved soon.

Last paragraph of my post yesterday.... about my friend who wasn't at Primetimers yesterday.... this is so sad.. last night I got an urgent prayer request from church. Her husband came home from work at 4pm and found her dead. I still can't believe it! There are four ladies in that group that I always sit with and she's one of them. Haven't had too much contact with two of them all winter, so I wanted to show up yesterday to have a short visit. Was disappointed when she wasn't there. Others said she hadn't been feeling good on Sunday and wasn't at church, but she HAD been at Bible study on Tuesday. Apparently her husband called her around lunch time and no answer so he assumed she was at Primetimers. She was only about 55 yrs old, just had her first grandchild. Had a very serious lung condition... was told many years ago that she only had 5 yrs to live. She had to lug her oxygen around with her everywhere. And she was diabetic.. but she probably weighed in excess of 400 lb and I hoped if she lost some weight those things would all improve. But she didn't do her part and wasn't losing.

:tt2::frown:;)

Phyl - Hugs about your friend - how sad...

Phyl, so sorry to hear about your friend. It is so hard to lose someone that we care about. We all know this band isn't for everyone and that as a last ditch effort for some, it's not going to be any better than their previous tries. Her weight may have had something to do with her early death, but it sounds like there were a ton of other issues. Hugs to you and prayers to her family.

Karri, I have a friend who has never had a fill. She feels restriction in the mornings and has some issues with pb'ing. Her doc says there are about 10% of bandsters that do not need anything more than the band to feel adequate restriction. My dietician talks about stress and body chemistry accounting for our changing restriction through the day. It doesn't have to be mental stress either, just stress on our bodies...being sick, pulling a muscle, or lack of sleep. Then once we have an incident, it just adds to the problems. I hope that this is all that is wrong. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you. Let us know what your docs say.

I have a sick kiddo. Nick was sick all night. Started in the evening and went all night. Didn't get a lot of sleep. He seems to be feeling better now, but now I'm worried about the others getting sick. We have a memorial snowmobile ride on Saturday and hopefully we won't have to miss it.

Yesterday's food was pretty good. Wish I had Phyl's restriction. I had to put more thought into everything when I had restriction. But only 2 more weeks until that happens. I'm glad I had everything removed before there was a serious band issue, but I miss that feeling.

Okay...off to take a shower and get ready for the world today.

Steph - Andrew has a cold - thankfully I haven't gotten it

Hope Nick is feeling better

Dear Phyl; I am so sorry to hear about your GF's passing. HUGS to you and your other friends who must be missing her now.

You are doing so well with your weight loss, when I read how much you eat, I vow to do better... I know I eat about 2 cups at a meal. cals might be o.k. but volume is too much.

I am going for a tiny fill on Sat in Toronto. I hope the weather will cooperate and the drive will be o.k.

I've been having food thoughts all morning. Don;t know why? As this is a very exciting day here in Canada.

Pres Obama is in Ottawa to meet our Prime Minister Stephen Harper. Everyone is very excited, huge crowds have gathered on Parliament Hill just to catch aglimpse of Obama... We are encouraged that they will be able to hammer out an agreement on Environmental Issues and Economic issues too.

A lot to hope for in just one day visit, but the opptimism abounds.!!!

I am staying glued to the TV all day so I don't miss anything.

Breakfast, Special K Satisfaction Cereal for Breaky,

Lunch, Luna Protien Bar...

so far, so good..

CBL babes

C

Good on you Food Candice - today for me has been

BF 1/2 pt bar

Lunch the meat in my Soup - I wasn't hungry (blah)

snack - jalpeno popcorn that was ulgy - just a few bites gave it to Andrew

dinner ?? left over hamburger patty buttnernut squash and rice I guess...

Phyl - will all that was wrong w/her I am surprised that they banded her - but I guess they thought the weight loss would improve her condition - Maybe she should have had bypass - over 400 lbs - imho I would have done bypass..

Hi Girls,

Hugs to everyone

Car

Car here you girl - cookie and the band even when you are at your sweet spot - it does nothing to stop you from eating them - 10 oreos !!!!

Carolyn, I've been trying to reach you... a while back you sent me a link to your condo in France. I am interested in renting a property in France for the last 2 weeks of June 09. My DH is retiring from the Navy and I want to take him someplace special to Celebrate.< /strong>

Can you send me some details?

Peaches,  cmcintyre_beach@hotmail.com

Candice - How cool & romantic --- Let us know if you do it

Car!!! I'm so glad to see you pop in. Between you and Phyl, we'll have some banding positives. Janet is always positive, but after meeting her, she's a machine and I can only hope to be half of what she is. Love you Janet, but you are one tough cookie...I don't know how you are what you are, but wish I did.

Car, when were you filled and how have you been? I know you've had some down feelings, but I've come to believe it's a combo of winter/economy/life for the most of us. The days are getting longer and we will be living in the land of the sun one day soon.

Have you all read the blog post from the opening page. "The Awakening". The power in that message was amazing. I can't wait to read the next three sections. I think it can speak to all of us. Here's the link so Karri can get through to it too http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f197/awakening-part-i-88174/ It spoke to me anyways.

Well...off to do some more laundry. Have a great day ladies. Missed you Car. Glad you're back. I hugged my puppies for you.

Will have to ck it out - I saw the title - but like I said - I have been busy today doing other stuff - I just don't have enought hours in the day to get everything done...

Hello Everyone,

Karri- Congratulations, it sounds like you had fun.

Phyl- So sorry about your friend, only 55, that's terrible!

I went to the dermo today to have my spider veins saline injected. It didn't hurt much, but I still got hot all over and felt nauseous and faint. It stings a little now, not much. I have to wear compression stocking for 6weeks.

Denise - well at least they will be healed up by summer -:tt2:

[/center]

About my friend, I think her doctors were trying to talk her in to bypass for a long time and she wouldn't consider it. After I had my surgery, apparently she started thinking about lapband as an alternative. I was concerned from the get-go because it didn't sound to me like she was getting appropriate pre-op counselling, instructions, etc as well as post-op. The surgeon was a general surgeon who had operated on her for other things so she was adamant about wanting him to do it... that's why I said yesterday, the support system just wasn't there because that is NOT his specialty! I could kick myself for not staying on top of it. I believe it was early Sept when she had the surgery, and we were getting ready to leave... then sons visited that month, too.. first the younger one, then the older one.. and I just got too wrapped up in my little world. I called her a couple of times shortly after the surgery, and asked a mutual friend that I play Scrabble with on the internet how she was doing, but should have called her. At any rate, she didn't follow through either, and I so believe that if she had just lost some weight..... Apparently, her blood sugar dipped very low on Tuesday night... this other gal in our little "group" said she had her on the phone that night and blood sugar was 30 so she made her stay on the phone while she ate something and brought it up. Then I heard tonight that she'd told her husband before he went to work in the morning that it was low again. My daughter (also an RN) says very possibly it went so low that she slipped in to a coma and died. Don't know if family is having an autopsy done or not, but that's probably a good guess.

Yes Phyl - it's so easy for us to get wrapped up in our own lives - we mean to call but somehow or another we just don't get around to it. I know how you feel on that issue - It seems like I have been to Michael's house more since he died than I was when he was alive.

I would figure that they will do an autopsy since it was an unattended death.

Prayer for her passing - it's always a very very sad thing to lose someone you care about..

Hi Guys

Only read through one page here, I'm running out of time on the computer. I'm at the library and you only get 15 min. Got 5 left. Trip down here went well. Band was tight. Weather is absolutely gorgeous. Haven't been to the Y yey for exersize but have been walking a whole lot and pedaling on our portable pedals that we brought along. Told DH that I wanted to get a pedometer. I've been making a circle from my mom's around to the kibrary and back again. It has to be at least two and a half miles. Spent 45 min. in the pool doing jumping jack, running in place and kicking laps. Okay, only got 1 minute left so I will say farewell, and will try to check back another day, and tery to read some more.

Sure do miss you guys.