Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

I spoke with my Dr. about Aleve several months ago as it is my favorite pain killer for my back (I have scoliosis which is further aggravated by rheumatoid arthritis and let's face it, FAT). Anyway, he said no to Aleve because it can cause the lining of the pouch to thin. He said if I must have it, then I had to first crush it in applesauce and also take a daily prescription of preventive acid reflux meds. He strongly urged trying to get by on liquid tylenol. After losing 20 lbs the constant back pain has all but disappeared. It does make a cameo appearance now and then but I can usually suffer through it without any medication. It's amazing what 20 lbs can do.

It is amazing isn't it? I just told Jackie that if I still had all that fat around I probably wouldn't be near as sore...everything would have been padded.

I will stay away from the Aleve. Not my pain reliever of choice. Usually stick with tylenol. Just wondering what to do in a pinch, like if whoever I asked didn't have any but had advil. Usually have my own, but obviously I've used it and my ds has been using it too for basketball aches and pains.

You're going to feel better and better Donna. You'll be really amazed what 30, 40, and 50 pounds change. Your face will even begin to glow!

Stomach irriation - eroded band - I don't remember exactly what - but was told no advil aleve ibprobron (sp) etc - I am lucky rarely have to even take liq tyenol - I just don't get headache or anything else that cause me to need the stuff..

Where's the pic's of Rose - I would like to see them...

It's 59 here now with sun - that's cold for us :cursing:

Donna - you are in Texas right??? Houston ??? - Can't remember and I hate that we can't see ticker or info about person - when responding - I do remember something about evacuating so that means you aren't close to Fort Worth cuz I am going there 2/13 and am meeting another bander PJ for Breakfast on Sat or Sunday as my Aunt isn't an early riser..

Ok went to lunch w/2 dr bobby pple both bypass - it was nice... Lunch for 3 with leftovers $11.31..

Ok back to work... CBL:wink:

Donna - you are in Texas right??? Houston ??? - Can't remember and I hate that we can't see ticker or info about person - when responding - I do remember something about evacuating so that means you aren't close to Fort Worth cuz I am going there 2/13 and am meeting another bander PJ for breakfast on Sat or Sunday as my Aunt isn't an early riser..

I'm in Houston, Texas and Fort Worth is a bit of a drive (4 hours). :cursing:

Okay I am back. And life has been HELL for the last several days. I know that no one is really around but I need to vent to someone other than my DH who has been through the wringer too. I am going to go back to Sunday and work my way forward to show you my week.

Sunday - Ran 10 miles and my Nike+ refuses to sync to my account now. I had to get a new sensor because apparently storing it in your running bra will break your ipod and your sensor. I had to buy an ipod about a month ago and now had to finally break down and get a new sensor. Not too badk 29$. But it would NOT sync. Then I went outside and checked the mail that we had neglected to do for a couple of days. INside were all of our utility bills...$688 dollars worth. Our rent is only 695$ So paying that much for utilities sent my DH through the roof and me to tears. It wouldn't be bad if we were keeping the house at 80...but we couldn't get it above 65 degrees. I was freezing constantly and we were spending more time driving around and eating out so that we could be warm somewhere. So DH decides we are moving. I try to argue against it but after crunching the numbers... it made sense to move, AGAIN. The worst part is that we know that we will be moving again in 6 months.

Monday - Found a cute (tiny) place to live and put our application in on it. Spent ALL day looking for a place. Went to the gym and put in a half hearted workout but sensor still not syncing.

Tuesday - Got approved for the apt, put down deposit and moved in. Not all the furniture just some cooking stuff, food, and sleeping bags. We finally got to sleep in a warm room for the first time since we came back from Vegas! Started feeling kind of icky. Tummy ache, headache, and just plain achy. Chalked it up to stress and moving.

Wednesday - 2:45AM Started throwing up. Now remember, I was never able to get my unfill so I am tight and throwing up. NEVER a good thing. Just didn't realize HOW bad. Threw up a couple of times. Went to work to do sub plans came home and kept throwing up. Called the doctor and he demanded that I come over for an unfill. At this point my stomach HURTS and not flu hurt so I call the school, call in sick for the rest of the week, throw together sub plans and head across the mountains for my 6 hour drive. Fortunately (the only good thing this week) the mountains were clear and NO weather problems. Stayed at my brothers house for the night since I had stopped throwing up.

Thursday - Got to the doc at 9AM and had a complete unfill. Fluoro shows MAJOR inflamation and SERIOUS swelling. Concerned that my pouch is starting to dialate (which can lead to slippage) they put my back on post op diet...2 weeks liquids, 2 weeks mushies and then back to real food. Drive home feeling sorry for myself!

Friday - Cook some Soups that I can eat and then when DH gets off work move some more stuff over to the apt. Still feel Crappy. Had a phone interview with a vice principal in Las Vegas. Looks good!!!

Saturday - Got a uhaul and moved all of our stuff, got cable and internet hooked up. And still feel crappy! Finally I broke down and took a nap. Feel a little better but my tummy is still sore. No throwing up, but being totally unfilled I do not feel hungry at all. That should tell you how swollen I am.

So I learned my lesson...never stay too tight cause even if you are careful and don't pb often if you get the flu...it can cause MAJOR problems.

Well I am going to go to the store to get more pinto Beans to make more Soup. I did get one of those immersion blenders so I will be blending everything and watering it down for the next couple weeks.

My G-d, Karrie!! Are you sure you're still alive? It sounds like you're in need of some real TLC!

....And that utility bill is unreal! There is something to be said for heating with home-grown firewood.

Please, please, please take care of yourself! I've had an overly tight band and although it was the pits, I milkshaked through it until I got back to the states and got it adjusted. Be gentle with yourself. You deserve it!!:cursing:

Steph- I still have about 2ozs of liquid pain meds from my breast reduction. Too bad you're not close. Do you have any nerve pills. That will knock you out, and at least you can sleep.< /span>

Donna- My friend is in Kingwood. How close are you? We may go this summer. Haven't been since I lived in her driveway for a week for Katrina.

night ladies. just wanted to check in. I'm so sore. every time I sit for more than 10 minutes I want to cry when I get up. Jeff said I moaned and groaned in my sleep all night last night.

had a decent day. all my liquid in. good food choices. No exercise though. Would have proably done me good but couldn't bring myself to do it.

Tomorrow will be another busy day. Mom is kicking my butt to get my house cleaned.

Okay, gotta run. It's late.

Steph, while you're cleaning yours could I convince you to do a once-over-quickly on mine. It's such a wreck! And 3 dogs' worth of fur doesn't help much.

How is the body feeling? IB seems to work best when I need a pain killer and is also an anti-inflammatory. Watch the stomach, though. I once had to do 7 in order to walk off of a bird field. Worked great. Rx strength is 5.

So you ladies tore up LV??!? Well, I never....

Stomach irriation - eroded band - I don't remember exactly what - but was told no advil aleve ibprobron (sp) etc - I am lucky rarely have to even take liq tyenol - I just don't get headache or anything else that cause me to need the stuff..

Where's the pic's of Rose - I would like to see them...

It's 59 here now with sun - that's cold for us :ohmy:

Donna - you are in Texas right??? Houston ??? - Can't remember and I hate that we can't see ticker or info about person - when responding - I do remember something about evacuating so that means you aren't close to Fort Worth cuz I am going there 2/13 and am meeting another bander PJ for breakfast on Sat or Sunday as my Aunt isn't an early riser..

Ok went to lunch w/2 dr bobby pple both bypass - it was nice... Lunch for 3 with leftovers $11.31..

Ok back to work... CBL:wink:

Hi Janet! I am alive!

Its been just nuts today, I've had 8 patients!!

When it rains it pours..:(

I just wanted to tell you how MUCH fun we had with you and Debbie. I am so blessed to have such a good friend who would drive all the way from CALI just to see me :thumbup:

You are a special, special gal (o.k. now I'm crying!)

I love the picture of the two of us....great!

When is Kari moving to L.V.??? hummmm:glare:

o.k. going home now from work... and then beddy bye.

I should be moving July or August at the latest...though that isn't the best time to visit cause its HOT HOT HOT. Though for Janet it will be normal!

I am doing better though the liquid diet is wreaking havoc with my system. 6-10 pound weight fluctuations due to Water retention (I think I have had too much salt trying to spice up my diet!) and I have the FARTS! I know...pretty picture...though it is better to picture it than smell it:yikes:

Work is alright. It is grading week this week and on top of that I am dealing with my student teacher who I cant stand.:( I am really REALLY protective of my kiddos (even when they piss me off) and am just a BIT of a control freak (not much...really...i don't have control issues at all:sneaky:) so when he doesn't do it the way that I do it kind of bugs me.

Well I am going to go blend my chili. I think the bathroom issues are coming from all the Beans I am eating! At least I am getting Protein and Fiber.< /p>

Steph, while you're cleaning yours could I convince you to do a once-over-quickly on mine. It's such a wreck! And 3 dogs' worth of fur doesn't help much.

How is the body feeling? IB seems to work best when I need a pain killer and is also an anti-inflammatory. Watch the stomach, though. I once had to do 7 in order to walk off of a bird field. Worked great. Rx strength is 5.

So you ladies tore up LV??!? Well, I never....

Car - ya 2 nights of not getting to bed til 3 or 4 in the morn... Party animals that we are :ohmy:

Hi Janet! I am alive!

Its been just nuts today, I've had 8 patients!!

When it rains it pours..:thumbup:

I just wanted to tell you how MUCH fun we had with you and Debbie. I am so blessed to have such a good friend who would drive all the way from CALI just to see me :glare:

You are a special, special gal (o.k. now I'm crying!)

I love the picture of the two of us....great!

When is Kari moving to L.V.??? hummmm:glare:

o.k. going home now from work... and then beddy bye.

Yep My Dear GF - I had a good time toO - but it was just too short and as you know by the tears when you left - I was going to miss seeing & being with you - it's so awful that we live so far apart - I think if we lived in the same town we would have a great time

OK THAT'S IT GANG WE ALL HAVE TO MOVE TO THE SAME TOWN !!! ISN'T THAT A GREAT IDEA - NOW WHERE...

I should be moving July or August at the latest...though that isn't the best time to visit cause its HOT HOT HOT. Though for Janet it will be normal!

I am doing better though the liquid diet is wreaking havoc with my system. 6-10 pound weight fluctuations due to Water retention (I think I have had too much salt trying to spice up my diet!) and I have the FARTS! I know...pretty picture...though it is better to picture it than smell it:yikes:

Work is alright. It is grading week this week and on top of that I am dealing with my student teacher who I cant stand.:( I am really REALLY protective of my kiddos (even when they piss me off) and am just a BIT of a control freak (not much...really...i don't have control issues at all:sneaky:) so when he doesn't do it the way that I do it kind of bugs me.

Well I am going to go blend my chili. I think the bathroom issues are coming from all the Beans I am eating! At least I am getting Protein and fiber.

Karri

You just a BIT of a control freak -:eek:

ah that's so hard to beleive (NOT :lol:)

Well I gues there is sometime be glad of - that we don't have smell a computers :lol::lol:

but seriously glad you are feeling better... and this too shall pass - have you tried some beano :lol:

Ok gang it's 8:14 and again I haven't eaten yet - so I am saying nitey nite - I will talk to you all in the morning - sweat dreams....

Hugs & Love - Janet

Good Morning Gang

Just my usual ck in - in the morning...

Steph- I still have about 2ozs of liquid pain meds from my breast reduction. Too bad you're not close. Do you have any nerve pills. That will knock you out, and at least you can sleep.< /span>

Donna- My friend is in Kingwood. How close are you? We may go this summer. Haven't been since I lived in her driveway for a week for Katrina.

I used to live in Kingwood - it's 30 minutes from my house. I'd love to get together next time you're in town.

OK THAT'S IT GANG WE ALL HAVE TO MOVE TO THE SAME TOWN !!! ISN'T THAT A GREAT IDEA - NOW WHERE...

While I wasn't a huge fan of Houston when I first moved here 7 years ago, it's grown me. Everything is available here, cost of living is amongst the best and the economy hasn't been as detrimental here as in other parts of the country. I say c'mon down!

Wow!! All quiet on the western front!

It's DH's 60th tomorrow and I'm not allowed to Celebrate it. Unfortunately, he doesn't remember to celebrate my birthday either. From a strange family. Oh well, my son, who was born the day after my birthday, and I celebrate each other's. DH will get excited about getting DS a great gift, but totally blows mine off. What would Freud say?

Better get back to monitoring the systems.

Hi gang; I am finally home, fed and now able to upload my pictures from Las Vegas... Some are of scenery and others are of Janet, Debbie & Ginette(my friend).

It was such a good time. I can't wait to do it again... although I am going to have to earn some $$$ to save up :bored:

Food since I'be been home has been really Lite, as I've not taken lunch to work and just been eating Protien bars!!! But tonight I stopped at the grocers and bought a pre=cooked chicken... DH and I hacked away at that for supper tonight. I'm having m y Microwabed squash for my snack later.

So here are 5 pictures, I'll try and send more later...:eek:

post-220921-13813138095822_thumb.jpg

post-220921-13813138096294_thumb.jpg

post-220921-1381313809674_thumb.jpg

post-220921-13813138097022_thumb.jpg

post-220921-13813138097281_thumb.jpg

In the Flamingo there were POLE DANCERS right out on the street practically!!! So here are a few of those... gee Janet and I used to look like that when were 20 something!!!:bored:

CALORIESCARBSFATPROTEINnt3_totals2.jpg647,78,15,48

post-220921-13813138097548_thumb.jpg

post-220921-13813138097837_thumb.jpg

post-220921-13813138098125_thumb.jpg

post-220921-13813138098401_thumb.jpg

post-220921-13813138098828_thumb.jpg

Edited by peaches9
forgot stuff