Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Hi ladies. I've been MIA a couple of days. Nothing big happened....just busy. Yesterday went snowmobiling. Had quite a spill. I didn't hit anything but a snowdrift, not sure why it happened. Just a freak thing I guess. But I flew over the handle bars one direction, the machine flew over the handle bars in the other direction. I made 3 somersaults, the machine made 2. Nothing broken but the windshield on the sled. Lucky! Jeff says I'm lucky the snow was soft where I landed, but I have to admit that it didn't feel all that soft. Now I have a swollen bruise the size of my entire hand on my thigh where the handlebars caught me and my shoulders feel like I've been run over, but no damage to my back. I guess because I was wearing my back brace. Need to take it easy for a couple of days. Glad I've still got some pain pills from when my back was hurting so badly.

Karri, I'm glad you found another place to live. It has to be warm or nothing is good. Sounds like a horrible bout with the flu. It doesn't sound like fun. I'm really glad you got to it before it caused any permanent damage. Counting your small blessings.

Phyl, it's -20 here...but at least the wind isn't blowing. I'll take the cold over the wind any day. Especially in the sand. That's gotta be icky. Grit everywhere. ick!

So far today I've had a bowl of kashi crunch. Going to take it easy on the couch. Talk to you later ladies. Have a great Monday!

Can't wait to hear about Candice and Janet's fun weekend. I hope she won the jackpot so we can all go to Vegas next time.

Guilty as charged. Not much to say except I'm feeling very unmotivated about anything. Way too much work to do and no motivation to get it done.

O.k. Donna, we're gonna have to get Janet after you!!!

Is ith the winter blahs that have you in their grip???

Just focus on getting some sweaty exercise today, that always lifts my mood...

HUGS<

Hi gang, just a short pop in note, I just woke up and gotta be at work in 1 hour!

Had the BEST time with Dear Friend Janet and Debbie and Ginette in Vegas.

Hope you got home safe and sound Janet, you're back at work this a.m. too...

CBL (with details)

Peaches

Good Morning Gang...

Back from Vegas !!!!

Had a great time.. :blush: Didn't get to bed each nite unit 3 or 4 a.m. !!! We didn't do anything crazy - just hanging at the machines or in the Karaoke bar..

Y'all wanta know something our "PEACHES" can SING !! :mellow:

Trip to and fro was great 4 hrs - and I didn't speed to much average was 70 mph..

We gambled & had a few drinks & dinner Friday - Saturday I saved Candice & her GF (really great gal enjoyed her immensely) from the slots cuz we went to the outlet stores.as they had 2 day of gambling ..

OK you all know me "The Shopper" well I shopped !!- 2 pairs of jeans - 1 pair Capri's (size 2)- 1 white jean - 2 summer dresses a few tops - a pair of shoes reg 70 for 20 and a little coach cross body purse..

Saturday night dinner at this little Italian restaurant that Candice knew - oh inside was wonderful like being in an old 50's restaurant great ambiance (sp) then to the Karaoke bar - there were come character in there we laughed so much. but gotta tell y'all Candace has a GREAT VOICE - she did 2 songs.

Then yesterday had lunch around 1 - and then Candice & her GF had to leave for the airport - she didn't get home til around 3 a.m her time and has to go to work today around 2...:w00t:

We left at 3 got home by 7 - unpacked by 8 - in bed around 9:30 - up at 5...

Didn't win anything but really didn't lose to much maybe 100/120 bucks

I'll post the pic's tonite when I get home after the gym - yes that's right I have gym tonite will see how much energy I have - I think by 5 I am going to be pooped - and yes I need it - not too bad of food choices - but gotta say I did have some sweets but I always do when away from home and biscuits and gravy for bf 2 days :tt2:.

Ok I gotta get back to work - had 2 messes on my desk 1st thing that's why I'm so late in posting this morning...

Ok before I go - Karri - omw hugs on the tummy issues and moving - yes I really hope you move to Vegas cuz I really think the whole gang will come to see you there..

Denise - my machine has 4 cycles (hand - delicate- casual & heavy) then quick wash cycle and then the reg timed cycle. but my machine is just a regular old fashion top loader.. with agitator - I don't like the new ones without - my DIL had one and it took forever to wash one load.

Phyl - yep when I got home last night at a breeze -and this year hasn't been as windy as last year..

Steph - be careful girl you could have really injured yourself !!!!!

Ok now I am going to work :cool2:

CBL:tongue:

Yep GF made it home just find.. Must have been posting at the same time... :blush:

Oh ya gang - I cryed when I had to say good bye to Candice.

That's the impact that you all have on me - I really do consider you all my family and everyone has to live so far away !!!

Welcome back wayward gals! Glad you both had a great time. Sounds like a Vegas trip might have to be on tap for the 7's this year....but not to replace the Candice trip. I am really looking forward to that one. Maybe for Thanksgiving or something. Easter is too soon....hmmm...we'll have to keep thinking.

Welcome home!

I would love to go to Vegas. I have been longing to go for several years now.

Today: 5 fights, 3 minor assaults, and 26 referrals

Just got a call from the security guard at the hospital down the road. He called the cops on my son and his friend cause they were running around the parking garage. They ran from him, so he called the cops. He said they have been having break ins in the cars, so he called the cops cause they ran. DS thought it was cool to upset Barney and run away. Now hopefully he's shitting bricks. The cop pulled my DH on the side and told him if he wouldn't have just came he was gonna take them in cause he didn't like DS's friends attitude. We really live in a different world here. So much crime, nothing for kids to do. Everyone around goes to different schools because you can't put your kid in a public school. I feel sorry for DS because he has no one around. Now I don't want him around this kid. We shoulda moved a long time ago. Too late now.

Seriously when we move down there it will be party time! My interview went really really well so I don't think there will be any problems what so ever.

It freaking snowed here...I hate snow. I couldn't live where you do Steph or Kari or Peaches! I want the sun!

I am going to have to read my book the night pic's aren't too great...

Ok gang something is wrong with the site -it won't let me open manage attachements -

it's 8:30 I need to go eat - so will try again tomorrow

Denise - Hugs on the DS issue - I totally understand

Karri - How the tummy better

Steph - How's the shoulder -

I am STARVING - Tomorrow gang

night ladies. just wanted to check in. I'm so sore. every time I sit for more than 10 minutes I want to cry when I get up. Jeff said I moaned and groaned in my sleep all night last night.

had a decent day. all my liquid in. good food choices. No exercise though. Would have proably done me good but couldn't bring myself to do it.

Tomorrow will be another busy day. Mom is kicking my butt to get my house cleaned.

Okay, gotta run. It's late.

Going to try early - maybe the site will work this morning..

Ok it worked :thumbup:

Good morning ladies. It's 8am but it sure feels early. I just don't get it.

I'm sorer today than I was yesterday. How does that work? Yesterday was my back and my legs. Today added my ribs, shoulders, and arms. Everything hurts.

I need to get some pain something besides my toredol. I am out of tylenol, aleve, and advil. I had no idea until I tried to go to bed last night. Made for a very long night.

I'll talk to you later ladies. Have a good day. BTW, nice pics Janet and Candice. It does really look like you guys had fun. So jealous. Talk to you later ladies.

Good morning ladies. It's 8am but it sure feels early. I just don't get it.

I'm sorer today than I was yesterday. How does that work? Yesterday was my back and my legs. Today added my ribs, shoulders, and arms. Everything hurts.

I need to get some pain something besides my toredol. I am out of tylenol, aleve, and advil. I had no idea until I tried to go to bed last night. Made for a very long night.

I'll talk to you later ladies. Have a good day. BTW, nice pics Janet and Candice. It does really look like you guys had fun. So jealous. Talk to you later ladies.

Steph

No Advil or Aleve - not good for the band !!! I think maybe you should get ck'd out by the doctor - just to make sure you didn't break anything.. Yes it's day 2 and usually that's when I get sore after exercise..

Ok I am at work - Well all I keep hearing is about pple getting laid off - I guess I should be happy I have a job - I know things are tight here too - and one person didn't come back after a leave of absence - but after 30 yrs (well 7/09) it will be 30 yrs here - I just can't get excited about work..

OMG - you know what my GS told me last night - he wants to move out when he's 18 !!! I am glad and happy that he wants to strike out on his own - that's great - but he's my baby... He thinks it's going to be easy out there - talking about moving out of here (desert) getting a job & going to college..

In his mind $1000 a month is a lot of $$$ - but not after you pay your share of the rent - utlities etc.. But I guess it will be a learning experience for him - I love that he is independant - not like my GF kids who are 28 & 26 and still live at home...

Ok better get to work - I will cbl :thumbup:

Janet,

I'm not sure about the advil or aleve. My PA said as long as it was only occasionally it was alright but that if it became more than one occasion every couple of weeks we needed to find something else. What did everyone else's docs say? Mine said that as maintenance it can make the lining of the stomach too thin and cause the band to have issues.

I tried to make an appointment to have an adjustment in Feb but no appointments. I have to wait until March. I sure hope it warms up so I can get out and move more soon. Exercise is one thing but just getting out and being more active is needed too. It's still -5 here.

Okay...off to do something...not sure what...but something.

I'm not sure about the advil or aleve. My PA said as long as it was only occasionally it was alright but that if it became more than one occasion every couple of weeks we needed to find something else. What did everyone else's docs say? Mine said that as maintenance it can make the lining of the stomach too thin and cause the band to have issues.

I spoke with my Dr. about Aleve several months ago as it is my favorite pain killer for my back (I have scoliosis which is further aggravated by rheumatoid arthritis and let's face it, FAT). Anyway, he said no to Aleve because it can cause the lining of the pouch to thin. He said if I must have it, then I had to first crush it in applesauce and also take a daily prescription of preventive acid reflux meds. He strongly urged trying to get by on liquid tylenol. After losing 20 lbs the constant back pain has all but disappeared. It does make a cameo appearance now and then but I can usually suffer through it without any medication. It's amazing what 20 lbs can do.