Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Belated Happy Birthday Steph!

HI ladies! Hope you had a great weekend. I have been busy traveling home. Those of you on Facebook who ticketed me know this!

I slept like a log last night, got up this morning and Jillianed this morning. I feel good and I'm going to dedicate myself to dailyplate until I am back under control. I'm going to log everything as I eat it and work my plan. It worked when I was on a budget and when I really wanted to have a snack and didn't have calories to spare, I either couldn't have it or I had to work for it.

I ordered a few dvd's for my total gym. It's been sitting downstairs gathering dust but mom wants to use it and I figured we can do it together. She wants to do sweatin to the oldies and I ordered those for her too. I can do my Jillian and then total gym and she can total gym and then do her oldies.

Mom and I spent the day yesterday talking about opening a business. Okay...so there is this building down the street that is for sale. It was split into two businesses. The front was a beer/wine bar, the back a restaraunt. So...our idea is to reopen the beer bar, but in back to put in some machines and do a small scale gym. Tell me what you think about this idea. Remember that I am in a very small town with nothing like this....

So if I buy 2 treadmills, 2 ellipticals, 1 bowflex type machine, put in 1 tv with some videos, and a few sets of handweights. Then you pay to "rent" them. No one there to watch what you are doing, no one there to check in with....just the space available to go in and use. It is not a huge area but part of it could be cleared out for a "kids zone" so moms could come and their kids could play. What do you all think? Am I opening myself up for big trouble liability wise? I just don't know what I have to worry about.

About the beer bar....I hate beer and wine so I wouldn't be drinking there. The clientel is still around. It would be a very low scale operation. Open from 3pm to 11pm. A pool table and some dart boards. That's it. Could also make it a juice bar for those after they work-out. Just a thought. Mom and I need something to do....mom is now out here. She'll be here for a few months and then out in Lincoln and here on and off.

So....just some thoughts. What do you think girls. Am I insane?

Gotta run. Gotta go check out mom's new house. Later!

Congratulations everyone on your NEW PRESIDENT!~

I've been glued to the tube all morning long... I am so excited for all of you..

I think Obama will bring new life and meaning to the Whitehouse.

Congratulations everyone on your NEW PRESIDENT!~

I've been glued to the tube all morning long... I am so excited for all of you..I think Obama will bring new life and meaning to the White house.

1_4_40.gif

WHATEVER!!

Excitement was not the word on my mind!

Lets hope his actions live up to his fancy rhetoric!

As a staunch conservative, I can't be excited about the swearing in of the most liberal Democrat in the Senate!

At the hot tub this morning, I had an opportunity to have a lengthy conversation with a lady about my age who had lapband surgery last April. She said she feels "defeated" and that she lost weight at first, but now she's just maintaining. I switched in to "Janet" mode, as gentle as I could be, and asked a lot of questions. She's drinking with meals, eating bread, and I suspect a lot of other carbs, and has no support system that I could ascertain. I suggested she get online and find LBT. I made a LOT of suggestions. Unfortunately, she is here for only one week, or I could really take her under my wing. Was intersting because all through Water aerobics, I was sort of watching her and I would say she is about the weight/size I was when I started this journey. She was almost in tears at one point... when she was telling me how "defeated" she felt and sorry she had the surgery.

Mom and I spent the day yesterday talking about opening a business. Okay...so there is this building down the street that is for sale. It was split into two businesses. The front was a beer/wine bar, the back a restaraunt. So...our idea is to reopen the beer bar, but in back to put in some machines and do a small scale gym. Tell me what you think about this idea. Remember that I am in a very small town with nothing like this....So if I buy 2 treadmills, 2 ellipticals, 1 bowflex type machine, put in 1 tv with some videos, and a few sets of handweights. Then you pay to "rent" them. No one there to watch what you are doing, no one there to check in with....just the space available to go in and use. It is not a huge area but part of it could be cleared out for a "kids zone" so moms could come and their kids could play. What do you all think? Am I opening myself up for big trouble liability wise? I just don't know what I have to worry about.

About the beer bar....I hate beer and wine so I wouldn't be drinking there. The clientele is still around. It would be a very low scale operation. Open from 3pm to 11pm. A pool table and some dart boards. That's it. Could also make it a juice bar for those after they work-out. Just a thought. Mom and I need something to do....mom is now out here. She'll be here for a few months and then out in Lincoln and here on and off. So....just some thoughts. What do you think girls. Am I insane?

Sounds like a good idea. Check out the liability issues. I'm sure you can get insurance to cover that. Can you get credentials to become a "personal trainer"??? Might have to expand your hours for the gym though. Lots of people like to go early in the morning.

7_5_139.gif 7_5_140.gif 15_8_6.gif 10_8_8.gif

VERY long story short...we are moving...yep right now. That is why I haven't been on. No we are not moving to Vegas yet...I will explain later when I get a spare )(*#$)(&*$ moment.

HI ladies! Hope you had a great weekend. I have been busy traveling home. Those of you on Facebook who ticketed me know this!

I slept like a log last night, got up this morning and Jillianed this morning. I feel good and I'm going to dedicate myself to dailyplate until I am back under control. I'm going to log everything as I eat it and work my plan. It worked when I was on a budget and when I really wanted to have a snack and didn't have calories to spare, I either couldn't have it or I had to work for it.

I ordered a few dvd's for my total gym. It's been sitting downstairs gathering dust but mom wants to use it and I figured we can do it together. She wants to do sweatin to the oldies and I ordered those for her too. I can do my Jillian and then total gym and she can total gym and then do her oldies.

Mom and I spent the day yesterday talking about opening a business. Okay...so there is this building down the street that is for sale. It was split into two businesses. The front was a beer/wine bar, the back a restaraunt. So...our idea is to reopen the beer bar, but in back to put in some machines and do a small scale gym. Tell me what you think about this idea. Remember that I am in a very small town with nothing like this....

So if I buy 2 treadmills, 2 ellipticals, 1 bowflex type machine, put in 1 tv with some videos, and a few sets of handweights. Then you pay to "rent" them. No one there to watch what you are doing, no one there to check in with....just the space available to go in and use. It is not a huge area but part of it could be cleared out for a "kids zone" so moms could come and their kids could play. What do you all think? Am I opening myself up for big trouble liability wise? I just don't know what I have to worry about.

About the beer bar....I hate beer and wine so I wouldn't be drinking there. The clientel is still around. It would be a very low scale operation. Open from 3pm to 11pm. A pool table and some dart boards. That's it. Could also make it a juice bar for those after they work-out. Just a thought. Mom and I need something to do....mom is now out here. She'll be here for a few months and then out in Lincoln and here on and off.

So....just some thoughts. What do you think girls. Am I insane?

Gotta run. Gotta go check out mom's new house. Later!

Steph

Who's going to run the bar?? You and Rose ?? I don't think that you can just have an open room with gym stuff (liability and vandalizam) and no one there - you can go onlline and get certified as a personal trainer - I get emails all the time...

WHATEVER!!

Excitement was not the word on my mind!

Lets hope his actions live up to his fancy rhetoric!

As a staunch conservative, I can't be excited about the swearing in of the most liberal Democrat in the Senate!

At the hot tub this morning, I had an opportunity to have a lengthy conversation with a lady about my age who had lapband surgery last April. She said she feels "defeated" and that she lost weight at first, but now she's just maintaining. I switched in to "Janet" mode, as gentle as I could be, and asked a lot of questions. She's drinking with meals, eating bread, and I suspect a lot of other carbs, and has no support system that I could ascertain. I suggested she get online and find LBT. I made a LOT of suggestions. Unfortunately, she is here for only one week, or I could really take her under my wing. Was intersting because all through Water aerobics, I was sort of watching her and I would say she is about the weight/size I was when I started this journey. She was almost in tears at one point... when she was telling me how "defeated" she felt and sorry she had the surgery.

[/center]

Phly - you are too funny - Give him a chance - I would have given McCain a chance - Hugs Hope you still love me even though I am a conservative liberal.... :wink:

Janet mode :lol::lol:- did you tell her to pull up those boot straps...:tongue:

hows her restriction... Did you get her email address so that you can send her the link to lbt - did she feel any better after talking to you... Poor thing...

You know Kathy - her damn doc still won't give her a damn fill and she can eat 10 oz steak - that's frickin unbeleivable - she goes back on thursday..

VERY long story short...we are moving...yep right now. That is why I haven't been on. No we are not moving to Vegas yet...I will explain later when I get a spare )(*#$)(&*$ moment.

OMW - yes let us know what's up when you can - Hugs baby girl...

Ok - Gang - I have made more travel plans -

2/13 to 2/15 going to Texas to visit my 93 yr old Aunt... She's my Dad's sister...

So I am busy... (this is busy for me)

Vegas this weekend - Texas in Feb - Cruise in March.. and now can I say BROKE :lol:

Hey Phyl, sounds like we have the same political views. I'm willing to sit back and give him a chance, but.........not gonna hold my breath though. I feel that that's a one way ticket to Heaven.

Ran into an old friend today. She's getting a band in the next couple weeks. She has had to reschedule twice due to sickness. First the doctor and then he. I directed her here to LBT.

I went for a touch up today and decided that I needed to do something for the winter Blahs/ I am no longer a blond. I am now a red head. It's gonna take time to get used to it, but I like it,,,,,,,,,I think.

Good evening ladies.

I'm a little excited about Obama taking office. I'm not holding my breath but I do believe he can make a difference. It was an amazing day to watch tv. I haven't watched any of the ball but I'm sure it will be all over the news tomorrow.

As for the bar/gym....I'm going to look into it. How does a hotel have a workout room without anyone in there at all times? I think it's possible. We will see what the business people say. This is my thought about the bar. Monthly costs may be 3k...the building isn't that much, and if I work and mom works, payroll will be very low. Small enough for only one employee at a time. so for 3k I only have to make a $100 profit a day to break even. That's not too bad. Jeff's going to talk to his business people and we will work out a business plan and see if it's really feasible. It's all talk for right now. I'll let you know if it goes any further.

I need to do my cals. I'll post them when I know them.

Talk to you later ladies. Have a good day tomorrow.

Hey Phyl, sounds like we have the same political views. I'm willing to sit back and give him a chance, but.........not gonna hold my breath though. I feel that that's a one way ticket to Heaven.

Ran into an old friend today. She's getting a band in the next couple weeks. She has had to reschedule twice due to sickness. First the doctor and then he. I directed her here to LBT.

I went for a touch up today and decided that I needed to do something for the winter Blahs/ I am no longer a blond. I am now a red head. It's gonna take time to get used to it, but I like it,,,,,,,,,I think.

YAY!! Someone in my corner!!

:tongue::biggrin::lol:

I think I'm ready to be a blond again... at least some blond highlights!

Phyl - you are too funny - Give him a chance - I would have given McCain a chance - Hugs Hope you still love me even though I am a conservative liberal.... :wink:

Janet mode :lol::lol:- did you tell her to pull up those boot straps...:wink:

hows her restriction... Did you get her email address so that you can send her the link to lbt - did she feel any better after talking to you... Poor thing...

You know Kathy - her damn doc still won't give her a damn fill and she can eat 10 oz steak - that's frickin unbelievable - she goes back on Thursday..:lol:

I didn't get her email address. I was in the hot tub... she was standing next to it looking down at me... I had nothing to write with & neither did she. I'm hoping the sister-in-law who told her to come and talk to me because I'd lost 100 lb will come and tell me. She said NO ONE in her family know about her surgery except her husband and daughters. So, SIL sent her to talk to me without knowing we'd both had lapband surgery! So I have to respect that, but I will definitely try to get contact info if possible! We're going to AZ tomorrow, so won't have another chance to look for her until Thursday. I told her I didn't think she has enough restriction because she told me she can eat as much as she wants... BUT, she also described "first bite syndrome" and said that happens sometimes. So, not enough restriction and she's not following any of the "rules", has no support system, and cards are stacked against her unless she's willing to make some drastic changes!

Hi ladies. Just thought I would check in.

On the Vegas front, I found out that if you're williing to travel on certain days from certain cities in Mt. you can get a plane ticket for as little as 39 one way. So next time you are thinking of going that direction, let me know and I'll see if I can work it out.

I've been working on my standards stuff today so not much going on.

So far today I've had a Fiber One Bar for Breakfast, 1/2 dried cherries for snack, yogurt and turkey, pine sausage for lunch. My Protein is looking good. I'm excited about that.

Well...better run and get some more work done.

Awfully quiet here ladies, are you all lurking? Car??? Donna??

Guilty as charged. Not much to say except I'm feeling very unmotivated about anything. Way too much work to do and no motivation to get it done.

Hi - I have been lurking :0) I read this morning - but had stuff I need to get too and bet you guys are sick of me being the 1st poster most days :0)

Kari & Phyl isn't Amercia Great - we can have diff view... and whomever is President - be it a dem or rep - he's all of our President ...

Kari - I almost went red a few months back but she didn't have the color in stock and to take me to a dark red would take a while cuz of how blond I am - so she ordered the color - but by the time it came in I chicken out :smile: - I have gone back to coloring my own hair - Saving $35 buck - the box only cost $10 :) - WE WANT TO SEE A PIC...

Phyl - I hope that you can stay in touch with that lady so that she can get the support she needs ..

Steph - I guess you are right about a hotel - but it's hotel guess only and they usually have camera and sign a wavier.

But do the homework and see what you turn up.. I'm not that brave :thumbup:

Only $39 to Vegas OMG that's CHEAP... This was totally impromtu - Candice said she was going - and since it's so close - I thought I would butt in and go see her.. Sorta just invited myself & Phyl too - but she can't make it...

So I really think that when Karri moves there - we should plan a trip !!!

Ok back to work - talk to you all tonite

BF - SB Cereal Bar - snack 1 small bow of popcorn - lunch tuna & crackers & 8 oz of green Beans ...1.5 waters

Guilty as charged. Not much to say except I'm feeling very unmotivated about anything. Way too much work to do and no motivation to get it done.

Donna - you sound just like me !!!! I have work to do but just don't want to :thumbup:

Oh ya I forgot to tell you guys what a great deal I just got...

I called Trump Hotel to tell them we were going to be a late check in on Friday - so the girl made note of it and asked if there was anything else she could do for me and I said yes that we are meeting some other friend there in Vegas for a Girl's weekend and that this was my freinds 1st time in Vegas and could we get an upgrade to a Strip View - she put me on hold and came back and said "YES we can for FREE, PLUS give you a $50 coupon for their restaurant in the hotel and discount coupons for their spa" Pretty darn good if you ask me - and all I had to do was ask !!! I am pretty proud of myself- this is the 1st time I ever made this kind of request - but I figured at "Donald's Place that this kind of thing is done all the time - now I feel very VIPish":lol::smile::lol:

Hi ladies. Just thought I would check in.

On the Vegas front, I found out that if you're williing to travel on certain days from certain cities in Mt. you can get a plane ticket for as little as 39 one way. So next time you are thinking of going that direction, let me know and I'll see if I can work it out.

I've been working on my standards stuff today so not much going on.

So far today I've had a fiber One Bar for breakfast, 1/2 dried cherries for snack, yogurt and turkey, pine sausage for lunch. My Protein is looking good. I'm excited about that.

Well...better run and get some more work done.

Lurk-lurk! Finally got back to the site.

Went to an Obama party after work last night and kinda' fell apart. Almost fled the restaurant. Not sure if it was the noise level or the crowd or just too tired to party well. Had to email a very good friend and apologize for being so @#$%% rude.:thumbup: My after work activities (after our 1 hr drive home) usually amount to feeding the dogs, making a Protein Shake, and heading in the general direction of bed. I try to not even answer the phone, if I can get away with it.

Better hit the trail. DH is home sick (doesn't believe in flu shots, so now he's got the flu). Bought him some more tissues with lotion, so maybe he'll stop using tp to wipe his snoot.

Hasta la vista.