Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

You are so right about the second one not tasting any better. In fact...half of the time it totally loses its flavor all together and I am just eating for the sake of eating!! I think a lot of this stems from the fact that when I was younger I always feared the food would be taken away from me (my biological mom was CRAZY!) and so I always want to make sure I have enough. I am the same way with everything though...not just food. For example, when I need to buy a roll of paper towels...I buy 2...ALWAYS. When I buy school supplies for my classroom I don't just buy enough, I MUST buy WAY more because I MIGHT need it.

Just last night when I was shopping for my party today in class I had to get 2 bags of apples, 2 bags of oranges, but thankfully DH stopped me at 1 bag of broccoli and 1 bag of celery. I was of course panicked that I wouldn't have enough. Now I am going to have a TON of food left over...none of which I can eat right now. (NO carbs for me until Monday!)

So as you can see this is a behavior I need to change in my life...not just in regards to food. While it is an obvious behavior that I have...it really manifests itself in my relationship with food.

On a good note...I didn't finish my dinner last night!!! Now that I have lost my weight (and gained a few pounds back!) but still for the most part have lost most of my weight, I REALLY start working on behavior changes. I am hoping that while behavior changes are difficult to change that they will be easier NOW than they were 100 pounds ago!

The behavior I am working on right now is to not eat everything on my plate. They say it takes 28 days to learn a new behavior. So...I figure if I leave something on my plate every day for the next 27 days (I started yesterday!) that I can start really learning that behavior!

Hi ladies. I hope you are all having a great day. I'm doing alright. I need to get in some more liquids.< /p>

Yesterday was pretty good until I felt compelled to clean my children's plates. How frustrating. I did great about putting only enough on my plate...and I was full, but then I cleared the table and couldn't keep the extra out of my mouth. GRRRRRR So Karri and Car we all have habits to change.

I know I haven't talked about my wii lately....because I haven't been using it...but thought I would let you all know that I bought two more activity games and they should be delivered some time by the beginning of next week. They are the outdoor adventure game and the Jillian Michaels challenge. I can't wait to get them and get excited about moving again. I love Jillian. I would love for her to be my trainer...but she'd probably make me cry daily. She amazes me though.

Okay. I need to get doing some other stuff. I'll talk to you all later. Hopefully I'll get to check back in tonight. If not, love you ladies.

Hi ladies. I hope you are all having a great day. I'm doing alright. I need to get in some more liquids.

Yesterday was pretty good until I felt compelled to clean my children's plates. How frustrating. I did great about putting only enough on my plate...and I was full, but then I cleared the table and couldn't keep the extra out of my mouth. GRRRRRR So Karri and Car we all have habits to change.

I know I haven't talked about my wii lately....because I haven't been using it...but thought I would let you all know that I bought two more activity games and they should be delivered some time by the beginning of next week. They are the outdoor adventure game and the Jillian Michaels challenge. I can't wait to get them and get excited about moving again. I love Jillian. I would love for her to be my trainer...but she'd probably make me cry daily. She amazes me though.

Okay. I need to get doing some other stuff. I'll talk to you all later. Hopefully I'll get to check back in tonight. If not, love you ladies.

I have a wii question! We only have carpet...will it work on there or does it need a hardwood type floor?

I have a wii question! We only have carpet...will it work on there or does it need a hardwood type floor?

It works just fine on carpet. The only problem I have with that is when I do the running, but you do that out in the fresh air so you shouldn't have any problem.

It comes with little extra feet you put on for carpet.

I haven't been using mine much either, except to do the body test about once a week. But I'm doing an hour of Water aerobics 5X a week instead.

My DIL has that Jillian challenge on her Christmas list so I thought I might get it for her, but I have no idea what it's about. Anyone know??

Woo Hoo!! Tomorrow is our big Time Warner install day!! We are excited!!

Hi Everyone, I still downing Nyquil down here. I stayed home from school Mon and Tues. Today was my first day back, and I hacked the day away there. I slept all day Mon. and Tues. Today, I got mildly dizzy a few times at school today. Some kid puked in the hall first thing this morning. Everyone's sick around here. YUCK!!

I hate going to sleep at night and fighting the hacking. UGGGG

I need a lung brush.

Denise, so sorry that you have the crud! There is a lot of it spreading around up here too. My office is all sick, but I only broke out in a cold sore on my lip - so I got off lightly! LOL

Yesterday I ate 3 chicken legs (2 for Breakfast, 1 for afterschool snack), 4 oz of sauteed beef for lunch, 4 oz of steak for dinner.

I am lucky if I hit 1100 calories yesterday!! Didn't get to go to the gym yet but I should tonight.

Karrie: You are sure getting your protien in, and keeping the over all cals low.. that is great... you'll be back to your goal in no time!! Rock on

Janet: thanks for the hugs, the 'saga' is not over yet at work.... but I think I am safe.:tongue2: O/T our Governor General of Canada suspended Parliament until after Christmas.... hopefully this co-alition government will lose its power by then. We'll see!

Phyl, Kari, Steph, Donna, Car I got an email from Linda A. and she is doing o.k. struggling with the food choices like most of us :) and she's having some tests done.

She sends along her best to everyone on LBT.

My day off today so I am having a quilting frenzy and cooking.

Anyone have a good Chicken Casserole recipe to share!????

Chicken casserole... throw in some low sodium/low fat or whatever.. mushroom, cream of celery, or similar Soup, some stove top stuffing... fat free sour cream, maybe chopped broccoli or mixed veggies or whatever... and chicken breasts or strips or nuggets (not breaded). PUt some onion crunchies on top if you want... use your imagination.. Or you could "google" chicken casserole recipes?

I am delirious... sorry.... we're finally on the internet.

We're doing the Time Warner dance!

It took us two hours to set up the router and wirelss network and get both laptops connected, but it's done and we're still married and nothing got broken! It's even encrypted!!

And now I have to go to choir practice.. hope they can't smell the wine on my breath!!

After that we're off to Janet's fr "ONE POT WONDER"!

After that we're off to Janet's fr "ONE POT WONDER"!

You ladies have a great time and toast one for me! I'm jealous!

Just checking in to say that I will be gone for the rest of today and tomorrow. DH has education tests that he has to take tomorrow on the other side of the mountains so we are heading out after the BB game tonight. We will be back sometime tomorrow.

food choices have been good. Not really even any temptations. I am really dedtermined and dedicated right now. The scare of the scale the other day did that to me!

My day off today so I am having a quilting frenzy and cooking.

Anyone have a good chicken Casserole recipe to share!????

My very favorite....

1 lb chopped chicken breast (browned)

2 cans cheesy broc. Soup

1 box chopped broc (chopped small)

1 pkg fresh mush sliced

2 pkg of uncle ben's wild and brown rice

Mix it all up, put it in a casserole dish, top with either crushed french fried onions or shredded cheddar, bake at 350 until bubbly.

It's delish!!!!

hi ladies.

Had a pretty decent day. enough Water, no horrible foods. I did pick up some dried cherries at the store to curb my sweet tooth. I've been going NUTS for something sweet. It has worked....and I didn't need a ton of them to curb it.

Watching 'The Notebook' with Jeff. we did Wall-e as a family show earlier.

Candice, I hope your government figures itself out. Karri, you are doing super with your willpower. You never fail to amaze me. Denise, I sure hope you feel better very soon. The whole family got flu shots a few days ago. Jess swears it made him sick but I think he just wanted a reason to complain....like most men. Phyl, I can't wait fo you to tell us about one pot wonder. And so glad you are online for real now. I'm sure you're crazy over the moon about that.

I'll talk to you ladies tomorrow. Have a great night.

Good Morning Gang...

I have been up since 4 - stupid smoke detectors going off - so was up replacing batteries I didn't replace last time it was going off..

As you know Phyl & Earl came for dinner last night - had a good visit - I am so very lucky to have them so close to me and to be real friends - I just love all of you and wish we all weren't so far apart.. OMW if I was still having my monthly I would be saying I am pmsing - as prior to it ending - I would get very emotional at that time of the month..

Last nights one pot wonder at Phyl's request was turkey kelbhas - cabbage - red potatoes - onion - bell pepper and jalapeno - I think they liked it Earl had seconds :0) and I fed Phyl out of my little bowls that hold 1 cup :0) - and for dessert be had lite bannana puddings. And yes we did have a couple of glass of wine :0)

Candice - You are quilting - so I know you are stressed - it's better than eating ;0)... Government - We discussed that last night we agreed that if we regular pple ran the government we would be in a better place..

Steph - I have been terrible about my Water - I just have been on the go too much..

Karri - My mom was always watching what I ate - heck had be on diet in like 3rd or 4th grade - so I became a closet eater - I want to buy 2 candy bars - but i will only allow myself to buy 1 cuz if I buy 2 I will eat 2 = if I buy one I will only eat one...

Kari- Are you lurking :thumbup:

Donna - Yep I am lucky to have Phyl so close... She & her DH are GREAT GREAT PPLE...

Well ck back later

Here I am. I'm not lurking,. Though I'll probably be AWOL for a little while. DD and SIL and the two little joys of my life are down here this week-end. We're going to be celebrating Thanksmas with my family. So, I'll be too busy......and too guilty to log on here this week-end. (yes guilty. House is full of goodies for the kids). I missed the gym yesterday, but did pedal for 75 minutes both yesterday and today. And will pedal again tomorrow.

I'm gl;ad you had a chance to get together with Phyl and Ernie. You know, I was wondering how far you are from Tucson? We're sposed to go out there this winter for a week or two.

OKAY, GOTTA GO HOP IN THE SHOWER. HAVE A GREAT WEEK-END AND WILL PROBABLY BE BACK HERE SOMETIME TOMORROW NIGHT.

Hey Gang;

Just reporting in. Sounds like everyone had a good couple of days. Thank you all for the chicken Casserole recipes, I'll print out and use....

Yest food was pretty good, although after supper I was DYING for something sweet!!! So I had a 1/2 chocolate protien shake... dah! It was good, and then because it was liquid, I didn't have heartburn last night! YEAH..

Phyl I am extactic for you and your computer(s)... my DH and I have separate computers and our modum is on the fritz right now.... DH (Scottish) dosn't want to buy a new one... oh yeaH????? I will go out after and Xmas and get one on sale...

Your one-pot-wonder sounds good, but a question? Is that TURKEY Kelbasa??? that you used???

I 'made" some Xmas gifts today. Celebration Cookie Mix in a Measuring Cup, wrap with ribbon attach instructions and voila!!!

Then I made some Pepperment Chocolate Bark (too give away)....

Tonight the "gang" from work is going out for Christmas dinner and YukYuk's comedy show... Lord knows we can all use the laugh after this past week at work.!!!

Take care everyone, and have a nice weekend.

Love, C

Hi ladies. Hope you are all having a nice day and relaxing this weekend.

I slept in today and it was glorious. Then we all sat around in our jammies (except dh who was up and gone by 8) until 11. Then we went to the store and I picked up a couple of names from the angel tree and dh and the two youngest will be going out shortly and shopping for them. There were hardly any young ones left on the tree and I wasn't sure about what's in town for the older ones so I held off on getting an older name. But will probably go back for one.

tonight dh and I will go out playing cards. Usually a good time and nice because there are no Snacks during playing and dinner afterwards is usually some sort of stew type something so I don't eat and stay very busy. It's so nice.

I suppose I need to get something done. I'll talk to you later.