Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 Month Bandiversary!

Greetings, all!

I had my surgery 4 months ago today! I have had 2 fills, and as of today I have lost 29 pounds! I have reached a mini goal of hitting 180 by my birthday!

After the adjustment, I can eat about a cup of food, and am learning when to not eat one bite too many. I am so happy!

Congratulations! Follow everything your doctor tells you! I liked having a heating pad for my belly, and for the intense gas back pains, I used the "shiatsu back massager", and that really helped.

Lap surgeries involve filling your abdomen with gas so that the surgeon can visualize everything and perform the surgery. Once you are closed up, the gas tends to stay for about 3-7 days and usually causes pain in the right shoulder and scapula area (your back 'wing' bone). Usually the more you move around, the quicker the gas is supposed to dissipate and, with it, the pain. Not ever having had lap surgery before, it will be interesting to find out the truth to all I've been taught as a nurse, as a patient!

;-)

Heating pad sounds like a good idea though and I'll be getting one for myself as my surgery is scheduled for 11/25 - yes, two days before Thanksgiving and I'm having all of my kids and their friends over for the holiday! LOL! Talk about being HOPEFUL!!

Mary

Mary thats so exciting your so close. Keep me updated on how it goes!!!! And ty for the information. Im constantly reading about the lapband. Lol because I'm that excited about it. I learn new things all the time. I will definitely learn a lot when I have it too.

I was pretty out of it for the first few days, but I did recover in a few, so you may not have many thanksgiving memories this year!

The gas pains are present, but it's not the end of the world.

I am coming up on my 4 month anniversary next week. 40 lbs down. 18 to first mini goal. A great start on my journey. Walking and movement are my recommendation to everyone.

Marie, that is incredible and so encouraging to all of us 'newbies' to the world of banding! I am now 9 days post op and still working through the initial discomforts of lap surgery but am already excited and looking forward to my new life without weight holding me back.

40 pounds in 4 months! That is AWESOME!!!!

Congrats....

Thank you. A few short months ago I was reading forums NOT believing I would have a success story to share