Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Approval notification letter,unsure of what it means.

Hi everyone I received an approval notification letter today but I did not get to read it till 10:00 tonight so I could not call anyone.This is what it says....... On the top of the letter it says In dark letters...Approval Notification

Then it has patient name mine of course then patient Id then an authorization number with a long number then provider then my surgeons name then the services Laps Gstrc Rstrictiv px longitudinal gastrectomy then cpt 43775 then from date 11-24-2014 to the same date then Approved unit 1.Then after that is another one it has provider then service esophagogastroduodenoscopy transoral diagnostic then cpt 43235 the dates the same as the other procedure then approved units 1.Then it goes on to say dear soonie McDowell we are pleased to confirm that we have approved the above service(s) shown above.etc etc.Does that mean that I am approved for weight loss surgery?My surgrons office didn't even call me.Help someone please and thank you.

You would have to call your surgeons office to let them know then they will schedule you for surgery....Same thing happened to me I got approved and I had to call my surgeon office to let them know and they scheduled me that same day I got approved..

Thank you so much! I am sooooooooooooHappppyyyyyyyy!!!!!! Thank you for helping me understand.What happein your journey?

Your welcomed....I got approved on Nov 10th and my surgery date is Dec 2nd...I'm so excited and can't wait to start this new healthier chapter in my life..:)

I am so happy for you.When do you start your pre op diet?

Does that mean that I am approved for weight loss surgery

@@mommyoftwogirls

ok bud, lets think about this very carefully :wacko:

you received a letter from insurance saying we have appoved the above service :)

what does this sentence mean to me and my life :blush: ???

oh my goodness

i just got an ahhhh hahh moment :rolleyes:

the insurance company says you have been approved!!! :)

I think that means you have been approved ;)

all is good :)

thumbs up :)

as far as the below statement you said

"I am sooooooooooooHappppyyyyyyyy!!!!! " :)

you almost broke my eardrums yelling and screaming so loudly :lol:

i could hear you in syracuse, ny!! :o :D

get ready to start your new healthier, happier, longer life in sleeveland

who deserves it more? ;)

being so happy??? :)

right back at ya!!

good luck

kathy

congrats

Edited by proudgrammy

Yes you are approved, the date is the dummy date that your surgeons office puts on just to let insurance know that they ( surgeon) wants to get you approved close to that date, the surgeons office will call with correct date and times for your pro op instructions. Why the surgeons office doesn't call as soon as they know is cruel to me, they know how excited and anxious we are to know .

Just sayin good luck happy for you

I Start my Pre-op 1000 calorie diet on Nov 17th. When do u start?

I do not know when because I did not read my mail until 10:00 Friday night.I will call the surgeons office on Monday.I am so happy for you.Please keep me posted on everything.

Yes you are approved, the date is the dummy date that your surgeons office puts on just to let insurance know that they ( surgeon) wants to get you approved close to that date, the surgeons office will call with correct date and times for your pro op instructions. Why the surgeons office doesn't call as soon as they know is cruel to me, they know how excited and anxious we are to know .

Just sayin good luck happy for you

Thank you so much and your right I was wondering why they didn't call me.I did not even know that submitted my paperwork.They told me they wanted me to get another sleep apnea test because my last one was 2006 and they thought insurance would deny me because it was too old.I cried right there in the office because I did want to wait.I called insurance today and she told me that I would have toe surgery on the date that the surgeons office put down or I have to start the process all over again of submitting the paper work.I do not know how that is possible.I did not get a call from the surgeons office and the date on thelet is 11-24-2014 I would still need to do a pr-op liquid diet.It would not be enough time.

@@mommyoftwogirls

ok bud, lets think about this very carefully :wacko:

you received a letter from insurance saying we have appoved the above service :)

what does this sentence mean to me and my life :blush: ???

oh my goodness

i just got an ahhhh hahh moment :rolleyes:

the insurance company says you have been approved!!! :)

I think that means you have been approved ;)

all is good :)

thumbs up :)

as far as the below statement you said

"I am sooooooooooooHappppyyyyyyyy!!!!! " :)

you almost broke my eardrums yelling and screaming so loudly :lol:

i could hear you in syracuse, ny!! :o :D

get ready to start your new healthier, happier, longer life in sleeveland

who deserves it more? ;)

being so happy??? :)

right back at ya!!

good luck

kathy

congrats

Thank you so much.You made me laugh.Congratulations on your journey you did awesome!

Thank you so much and your right I was wondering why they didn't call me.I did not even know that submitted my paperwork.They told me they wanted me to get another sleep apnea test because my last one was 2006 and they thought insurance would deny me because it was too old.I cried right there in the office because I did want to wait.I called insurance today and she told me that I would have toe surgery on the date that the surgeons office put down or I have to start the process all over again of submitting the paper work.I do not know how that is possible.I did not get a call from the surgeons office and the date on thelet is 11-24-2014 I would still need to do a pr-op liquid diet.It would not be enough time.