Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

8 Days post op and weight gain from morning to evening

Hello Sleevers,

I weighed myself in the am and was 238. Yay!! 10 pounds in 8 days. Now I weigh myself this evening and I'm 240. I'm only drinking Protein Shakes and a half cup of Soup for lunch. Total calories is about 470. I'm also walking at a brisk pace for an hour for exercise. It's not the calories.

The only thing diffrent today was that I managed to get about 58 ounces of Water down. So, I think this could be just water weight and it will all work it's way out eventually.

Has anyone else had or seen this?

You need to weigh at the same time, preferably in the morning. By evening, you have 3 meals in your tummy/sleeve or in your intestines, which will affect your weight by evening. Water weight gain alone will tip the scales in the opposite direction. Also, muscle weighs more than fat, so as you're cutting back on calories and exercising, you are building muscle. :)

Before surgery I had major problems with lower leg edema (Fluid buildup) and without the Lasix I could easily pack on 4-5 pounds of Water in my body and legs. Thankfully that has eased up. I'm 8 days Post-OP and have seen a drop in weight since surgery. I'm now about 31 pounds down since beginning this journey.

Good luck!

Leave the scale alone. It will drive you nuts. I only get weighed when I go to the doctor. I am not living for the scale. I'm living for a healthier life. At the very least try not to weigh yourself more than once a week. Throughout the day your body fluctuates so it's not unusual that you got 2 different weights between AM & PM.

Focus on eating your Proteins, drinking your Water and exercise. The weight will fall off before you know it.

DO. NOT. WEIGH. TWICE. A. DAY.

the end

Stay off of the scale, get in more calories, and increase Water and exercise.

ditto! Lol! The scale is the devil.

Okay, seriously, a pound of muscle, weights the same as a pound of fat. A pound is equal to a pound.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches