Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I was sleeved October 30 so I'm pretty new.

And I don't so much regret this surgery but I think I regret it because I can't eat the foods I love I can't eat what my boyfriend is eating I can't go out to eat yet. And I'm just feeling down. I'm experiencing GERD which sucks. I hate having to be on a schedule Protein 2 hours before and after meals I can't drink Water like I want to (big gulps) I feel like right now it's all about the I can't rather then the I will do.

Also I'm pretty bummed because I just want to do zumba and lift weights but I have to wait for a month and it's way too cold out to walk outside and I'd I'm home forget about it. Also I don't return to work till the 14 so I've been pretty sad because I get bored and that gives me enough time to discuss with myself how I just want a large pizza extra cheese. So yeah. This was more of a rant and I'd love input maybe to help me feel better.

You should be able to do your zumba if that makes you feel better. I was cleared for general cardio after 5 days. It's the weight lifting you have to be careful of.

Otherwise, feel free to vent.

You should be able to do your zumba if that makes you feel better. I was cleared for general cardio after 5 days. It's the weight lifting you have to be careful of.

Otherwise, feel free to vent.

Thanks for your response. Maybe I'll try zumba at home and see if I can handle it. My mom is really old school and feels like I shouldnt be moving at all haha.

Been there, done that. What you are feeling is normal. But just be patient, follow the program. And trust me, you will be pleasantly surprised.

Good luck!

Oh gosh, my program made us start walking right off. I was to avoid steps, but I live on the 3rd floor of a walk up so there is no avoiding them if I want to go anywhere. Lol. You might try to ease into zumba. Do the warm up, maybe 10 minutes. If you feel good, continue with the program, if not, stop. But unless you are having a hard recovery, you should be active.

The food stages are temporary. Everyone struggles with Protein at first. Its all part of the process.

Bundle up and take a walk. It will get your mind off the pizza:) and you will feel good. It does get better

In the mean time if you are up to it. Check out the food stage recipes. It will give you a picture of the new normal way to eat I collect them. I love to try new things. it never get's boring.

My pinterest page

http://www.pinterest.com/jdlk0664/gastric-sleeve/

@@Aribay1

The food stages are temporary. Everyone struggles with Protein at first. Its all part of the process.

Bundle up and take a walk. It will get your mind off the pizza:) and you will feel good. It does get better

In the mean time if you are up to it. Check out the food stage recipes. It will give you a picture of the new normal way to eat I collect them. I love to try new things. it never get's boring.

My pinterest page

My pinterest page

I try to bundle but I guess I'm starting off early but I'm always cold! Always always. I'm a vegetarian so it's that much harder for me.

I know what you mean. It's hard for me to sit here eating my cream of wheat while DH is eating regular meals but I'm not going to allow him to deprive himself. It's also hard because the liquid phases do not fill me up and keep me satisfied. BUT, I also know that this time period is temporary. You will get to eat normal again and enjoy some of the foods you miss, you just have to get through this part first.

Sounds like "Cabin Fever" to me. Yeah, get out of the house and do something, even if it is window shopping at the mall to start getting an idea of what your new style will be when you get closer to goal. At about 30 - 40 pounds down, you will be ready for your first closet flush.

My surgery was December 23, 2013. So what I did was start on-line clothes shopping on Black Friday. During the holidays every retailer had nearly everthing on sale. I took advantage of that and bought clothes in every size from 16 on down to 8s. I started out as a very round 22/24 and am in some14s and 12s now, but it varies with the manufacturer.

Don't fret about missing your favorite foods. keeping in mind that soda pop, breads, Pasta, rice, you know - the starchy stuff, did you no favors. There is still A LOT that you will be able to eat. The first thing I bought when I was cleared for solid foods, was Wendy's chili on the way home from the doctor's office.

My boyfriend is the cook around here and he cooks in the Mediterranean style since he is from Malta. When he makes meatballs, I eat a couple of meatballs with marinara sauce and a little mozzerella and parmesan. With that I will have a few green beens or a small salad. He cooks just a couple of raviolis for himself. If I want pizza out, I will have one slice, but not eat all of the crust. Might even have a small salad. At home, he has made eggplant lasagna, which I really enjoy.

You just need to get creative. Looking for recipes with adjustments is a fun project; just do it right after you have eaten a high Protein meal. Also you can go to the website for The World According to Eggface. There are lots of recipes there for folks like us. Also look up Atkins recipes or anything paleo - they are both high Protein compatible.

I am ten months out and eat anything I want. The big difference is that what I want has changed, and my sleeve ( and a kitchen scale) helps me with Portion Control.< /p>

Yup ! I'm going to be one of those annoying posts that you want to just roll your eyes and say.. "but no, you don't understand" ....

well, all of us do. It's a phase, and it's just head games. You'll go from thinking you should have never done it, to thinking you never had it done because you feel good, to learning how to eat solid foods.. and man many other phases. Just wait until you get to stalls ! All you can do there, is wait it out.

sending you a big big hug. It's only temporary. Trust us !!!! ::Hugs:::

I know what you mean. It's hard for me to sit here eating my cream of wheat while DH is eating regular meals but I'm not going to allow him to deprive himself. It's also hard because the liquid phases do not fill me up and keep me satisfied. BUT, I also know that this time period is temporary. You will get to eat normal again and enjoy some of the foods you miss, you just have to get through this part first.

Nov,19th lap ban-started liquid diet and I struggled this weekends, it was really hard. I do better during the week because I'm at work and I'm very busy. To make things worse I have been sick. I just got finish telling myself you can do this, so I got up and got a Protein Drink. I want a bag of chips so bad right now. It is a mind thing. If I get to hungry, I have been eating eggs or broth with white chicken meat in it. In my house Sunday is Pasta night, this was the worse night yet. I love, no, I am addicted to pasta. ????. Not being able to eat pasta last night made me very depressed ????. It even made me rethink about having the procedure. I went to my room closed the door and I survived. 10 more days, seems so long. I have lost 15 pounds already.

I can relate. About the start of my 3rd week I was really hating life and felt I made a hugh mistake. I was bored with the same foods day after day. One can of pureed Soup would last me 5 days. I wanted variety. I was mean and feeling sorry for myself. I too couldn't see past pureed foods. Felt I would never never never be able to eat again. I used to cook every Sunday for my parents. I felt I could never do that again. Well, last night, I had my parents over and made chicken fricasse. (sp) I had one chicken thigh with the sauce. It was great! I made a salad for them ( as I can not eat salad yet.) There was warm fresh french bread, straight from the bakery. ( I didn't have any) I also made brownies for desert. I have to admit, I did "taste" the batter! And I do mean taste it. Once I had it in my mouth and tasted it, I felt so guilty that I didn't want it, so I spit it out!

I can see each day getting easier. I need to focus on the future, but its hard. I have never been this, so its hard for me to imagine a thin life or wearing stylish clothes. Weight is coming off, but very slow. I had surgery on Oct 9th and have lost 19 lbs since then, I am not walking like I should. I am sure that has a lot to do with it. I am looking forward to the day I could walk without the back pain. Hopefully as I lose, the pain will ease up.

Thanks everyone for the love and encouragement I think it is cabin fever and I hope to get pass it soon when I return to work. Did I mention I'm a baker (yikes) but I don't usually want anything from work so I'll be fine. I start solid foods on thanksgiving so I'm looking forward to that. Trying my best not to fail.

Sounds like "Cabin Fever" to me. Yeah, get out of the house and do something, even if it is window shopping at the mall to start getting an idea of what your new style will be when you get closer to goal. At about 30 - 40 pounds down, you will be ready for your first closet flush.

My surgery was December 23, 2013. So what I did was start on-line clothes shopping on Black Friday. During the holidays every retailer had nearly everthing on sale. I took advantage of that and bought clothes in every size from 16 on down to 8s. I started out as a very round 22/24 and am in some14s and 12s now, but it varies with the manufacturer.

Don't fret about missing your favorite foods. keeping in mind that soda pop, breads, Pasta, rice, you know - the starchy stuff, did you no favors. There is still A LOT that you will be able to eat. The first thing I bought when I was cleared for solid foods, was Wendy's chili on the way home from the doctor's office.

My boyfriend is the cook around here and he cooks in the Mediterranean style since he is from Malta. When he makes meatballs, I eat a couple of meatballs with marinara sauce and a little mozzerella and parmesan. With that I will have a few green beens or a small salad. He cooks just a couple of raviolis for himself. If I want pizza out, I will have one slice, but not eat all of the crust. Might even have a small salad. At home, he has made eggplant lasagna, which I really enjoy.

You just need to get creative. Looking for recipes with adjustments is a fun project; just do it right after you have eaten a high Protein meal. Also you can go to the website for The World According to Eggface. There are lots of recipes there for folks like us. Also look up Atkins recipes or anything paleo - they are both high Protein compatible.

I am ten months out and eat anything I want. The big difference is that what I want has changed, and my sleeve ( and a kitchen scale) helps me with Portion Control.< /p>

I love this. Thank you for posting