Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nov 4 one giant leap and new life in front of me.

Sleeve Nov 4, 2014. I am still in the hospital as I type this very moment. Wow I can only say wow. I have been truly blessed. The surgery went very well and I have had basically no pain! I expected to hurt but I haven't at this point. Mild discomfort but more like soreness than true pain. I walked the night of surgery then over 1/2 mile just in the halls today. Was on ice chips only until leak check this morning then moved onto one oz of juice or clear liquid. Nurse told me I have been the best sleeve patient she has had and I didn't even act or look like I had just had major surgery.-Dr made second round this evening and said I was doing well and tomorrow we would try sipping liquid as desired and if it goes well I would go home tomorrow. I find myself unable to sleep because I am so excited for what awaits me in the future. 1st I was approved for surgery..next started a new job.. Then in Sept transfer to new location. A week after my transfer they offered me a promotion. The new position will have me walking 3 to 6 miles a day just at work and maybe more. Now that ive got the sleeve I can only take one day at a time and watch my new life unfold before me. I am blessed beyond measure and thankful!

Wow!!! Good for you. Such an exciting new journey to be on. I still have a few months before my surgery but I LOVE reading these kinds of stories. Gives me hope in my WLS journey. Thank you

Edited by avermette

Stay positive! You can do it. I set myself a goal and planned my surgery and took vacation to be off work. I worked Monday surgery Tuesday and will be back at work Monday! I have looked at this as a blessing and all the clear broth and hard times are worth it because once your past the surgery you can get slowly get back to normal food just better eating and smaller amounts. My mom had sleeve May 2014. Presurgery she was on BP meds, diabetic, and oxygen 24/day. She is down 60+ pounds. No longer on bp meds, off oxygen except at night and uses sliding scale for her diabetic meds which have been cut back as well. Have faith in yourself. We "humans" can accomplish the most difficult tasks with the right focus, mind set, attitude, and willpower. Set your goal and go!

Congratulations!

Day 4 post op- pain level zero. Energy level- above average- happiness with choice to have surgery- 100%- difficulties- nausea and finding it VERY VERY hard to get my liquids in as required. I failed yesterday and today is again showing to be difficult. It seems I can hardly consume my Protein Drink and hands down can not do simple Water at all. I can sip vit water or g2 and sip broth however in the smallest amounts. If anyone knows a trick about dealing with the nausea I'm all ears. The dr did provide me with zofran which seems to help slightly but still having a problem. It is probably complicated with fear of actually getting sick so I'm being over causious. Let me know if you have any tricks to share