Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tulsa, OK Area - Dr. Gorospe Anyone??

:phanvan I just attended the seminar for Dr. Gorospe on Friday, May, 11th. I'm waiting for their office to call me to set up my intake appointment. I'm opting for Lap Band surgery but I'm very nervous. Has anyone used Dr. Gorospe for their banding? If so, what was your experience?

I just had a sleep study on 5/6 and got the call today that I have sleep apnea. I'm tired and fatiged all the time. On top of that, I have rheumatoid arthritis and my joints are killing me all of the time. I feel like losing the weight is my only option to live a normal lifestyle. I'd like to enjoy activities with my husband and two children that I just CANNOT do right now. It seems all do is work and go home exhausted. My house seems to be caving around me because I just don't have the energy to keep up with anything. I'm willing to make all of the lifestyle changes that I need but I'm afraid the banding may not be enough? Anyone else feel this way? I'm feeling like there is something wrong with me but I also think that there have got to be others that feel this way.... :phanvan

Welcome to the Board!

There are a few banders here who have used Gorospe. I am currently working through my Pre-op's for my surgery (With Gorospe). I have my Psych appointment this week, Cardio, Pulmonology, and sleep Study scheduled in the next month.

Have you had your first appointment with his office yet?

~*Ash*~

I have not had my first appointment yet. I had my sleep study through my primary care physician so I have that one knocked out before I see Gorospe. How long did it take you to get your first appointment?

I went to my seminar on March 3, 2007. And my first appointment with him was April 27, 2007.

W/in a week they were calling to schedule my other appointments. (My insurance won't cover, so I'm doing self pay.)

How did you like the seminar? I thought he did a really great job at explaining everything, and answering all the questions. And has a wonderful sense of humor.

Just an FYI if you are doing the self pay route, the $13,900 price they give does NOT include the preop visits I mentioned...

~*Ash*~

I thought everything was explained really well also. He seems very personable and hope that his entire staff is that nice when I get to meet them. I'm going the insurance route so I hope that my insurance approves the procedure. They said to wait till they call to set up my first appointment. I guess you had to wait about 6 weeks to get into your intake appointment? That seems like a long time. I'm fortunate because I'm going to have my surgery (if I get approved) at Bailey in Owasso (he just stared doing procedures there) and I've only heard good things about their Bariatric unit. I also asked him as the seminar if he was setting up an Owasso office for follow-up visits and he said in the next 2-3 months. That is only 10 minutes from my house so I'm feeling very fortunate that everything will be so close to my house.

Once you had you appointment, are you having to wait a long time to get in for the other tests?

Not really. I work at a Medical Clinic, and our Dr. is out of the office Wednesday and Friday, so I tried to get all my appointments on those days. But I had all my appointments scheduled w/in the next 5 weeks or so. Just a little bit over a month.

~*Ash*~