Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm thinking of it more as a "do I want to be miserable and in pain on a holiday" than "oh man, no pumpkin pie!"

I have 4 kids, so I don't get to sit down and eat on a holiday lol.

By two days after surgery, I had no pain. Got the pain killer prescription filled, but never needed to use them!

By two days after surgery, I had no pain. Got the pain killer prescription filled, but never needed to use them!

I'm hoping I don't need them. I'm not sure how many pharmacies will be open on thanksgiving day!!

You're awesome! Advice taken! Lol

also. I completely understand that it is not at all about the food. .but all the commotion of it gave me the idea for the cutest little thing for the people that ARE going to miss their thanksgiving dinner. .get a small..i mean tiny freezer container (I have a bunch of the tiniest cutest containers). ..put one tablespoon of each dish at ur dinner in there...freeze..and enjoy when you can eat solids again! As long as it's not really bad stuff... how neat is that!

Edited by downsizingdiva

I'm hoping I don't need them. I'm not sure how many pharmacies will be open on thanksgiving day!!

Sounds like it would be good planning to mention this to your surgeon on your last pre-op. Maybe you can get a prescription filled the day before.

Do it! I'm having mine Nov 14th. If you postpone you will still be doing the pre op diet during holidays. Better to get it done

I say Go for it..... at that time after surgery your probably going to sleep it off what better way to avoid temptation if you didnt have the surgery...... and freshly out of surgery your not going to want to eat I assure you.. maybe a sip of protein/water, a couple bites of Jello half of a sugar free popsicle and your done and back to bed !

Ugh I'm so aggravated. My mother in law texted me this morning asking if she should cancel thanksgiving at her house and when I spoke with my mother (who is also going to my in laws) she said she should cancel.

This is exactly what I didn't want to happen. For everyone to rearrange their holiday because of me. Oh well. They can all fend for themselves then.

do I want to torture myself on a liquid diet on thanksgiving??

@@cryssyd3

i would have two to three helpings of everything :)

turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce, pumpkin and mince meat ple et al :)

GOTCHA!!! :D

thats what i used to eat before loosing 105 lbs and reaching goal :)

it has been scientifically proven that November 25th 2014 is the best day to have WLS :)

think of all the food and calories you will not be eating

all the more weight you will not have to loose post op

thanksgiving day - give thanx for the start of your new healthy life

happy Protein shake day :lol:

good luck

speedy recovery

kathy

@@cryssyd3

i would have two to three helpings of everything :)

turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce, pumpkin and mince meat ple et al :)

GOTCHA!!! :D

thats what i used to eat before loosing 105 lbs and reaching goal :)

it has been scientifically proven that November 25th 2014 is the best day to have WLS :)

think of all the food and calories you will not be eating

all the more weight you will not have to loose post op

thanksgiving day - give thanx for the start of your new healthy life

happy Protein shake day :lol:

good luck

speedy recovery

kathy

Thank you Grammy!

I'm scheduled on 11/21 and admit to having the same worries and missing Black Friday shopping. HOWEVER, I reminded myself how I didn't come this far to let a stupid Ol turkey and shopping that I don't need to do get in the way of a lifetime goal. Next year I'll be the healthy one at Thanksgiving and I'll go shopping on Black Friday and maybe for once buy myself something.

I know it's hard. I have three kiddos myself and a huge family that loves to Celebrate and eat on Thanksgiving. Hopefully it will be pretty here in the South and I'll walk while they all eat. Sending a ton of hugs your way.

I'm scheduled on 11/21 and admit to having the same worries and missing Black Friday shopping. HOWEVER, I reminded myself how I didn't come this far to let a stupid Ol turkey and shopping that I don't need to do get in the way of a lifetime goal. Next year I'll be the healthy one at Thanksgiving and I'll go shopping on Black Friday and maybe for once buy myself something.

I know it's hard. I have three kiddos myself and a huge family that loves to Celebrate and eat on Thanksgiving. Hopefully it will be pretty here in the South and I'll walk while they all eat. Sending a ton of hugs your way.

Thank you so much and good luck to you too! Luckily for the both of us though there are a ton of great shopping deals online on Black Friday and cyber Monday! So while we will be missing the actual shopping in stores, we can still get it done without missing any deals! Haha

Thank you so much and good luck to you too! Luckily for the both of us though there are a ton of great shopping deals online on Black Friday and cyber Monday! So while we will be missing the actual shopping in stores, we can still get it done without missing any deals! Haha

Think of all the money you'll save on food you can save up for NEXT black Friday!

I am doing it - we're scheduled for the same day! :)

As for the food, I'm planning for a small, not-over-the-top early Thanksgiving with some of my closest family. On the actual holiday kicking back with some turkey broth and watching everyone else clean up sounds *perfect*.

Good luck to you!

I would get it done!

I'm having surgery on Nov. 18th. I keep thinking.."oh bummer, i wont be able to eat on Thanksgiving" and then i remind myself is the food worth me being unhealthy another day longer? I'm on my 2nd day of the pre-op liquid diet and have the rest of this week and next week to go. Praying for strength to do this! Yikes.. its getting real! Best of luck to you Cryssyd and others having surgery this month!