Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Grrrr! Argh!

My surgery date has been compromised. After pre-op testing, my PCP is not willing to approve surgery because my white count is elevated. I went back for a second test today.

The thing is, it's been chronically elevated for like 10 years. No other doctor has ever been concerned about it, and now I've got like 3 weeks to surgery and all of a sudden it's an issue. I know it's just a safety thing, I get that, but if it turns into some long, drawn out process to figure it out and I can't get surgery until next year, I have to start all over with the deductible again.

My mother used to tell me not to borrow trouble so I should probably not freak out, but I can't help it. I just want to get this over with and move on with my life.

I have an elevated white count as well. If you can get it documented, you should be OK. That's what my PCP did.

Thank you! I hope that'll be the story here, too.

How high was it? That is the key....

@@roundisashape Let your PCP know about the end of year and timing issue. Often they can push things through faster, and stay on the stick and don't let the Dr.'s or the labs make you wait. Push push push, people don't like to be pushed around...but if you are honest with them and let them know your plight, and push with a little love they will soon be beside you helping you get where you need to go.

Don't give up, stay on the Dr. and either way find out what's going on with the counts and get a resolution :) Best of luck and let us know how it goes!

It runs in the 12,000's - not super high. I'll definitely talk to the doctor, and bring it up with the anesthesiologist on Friday when I meet with them. I think they're actually the ones to give the final yes/no.

Thanks, everyone!

Three people left work sick today. I'm about to start wearing a SARS mask to the office. Already hand sanitizing like I have a disorder of some sort - I just want to roll around in it like Scrooge McDuck.

Had my CBC redone and my count was about 3,000 higher than last time. I still don't feel bad. Going back Monday to have it done again, and I hope she orders a differential this time. Time is running short, I don't even care what bug I have, just give me some of ALL the medicine and let's nuke whatever it is from space.