Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am booked for a gastric sleeve in December. VERY NERVOUS and need a friend

I'm a sleeve newbie. Got my sleeve 11-4-2014. I arrived at the hospital at 6:30am to get everything set. Last min blood work was required and them I simply waited in my room. The staff came through and explained what was going to happen and to answer any questions I may have have had then off to the surgery ro. That's the last thing I remember was them putting my little cap on and off to sleep I went. I woke up hours later not in pain at all and only had to deal with nausea. I know this is an after effect for me when dealing with Anastasia. They gave me something right away so I didn't get sick. Through all this I have not gotten sick at my stomach once. The hospital staff was wonderful. I was up and walking the halls that night. I didn't sleep much that night I guess because I was a hit excited it was now behind me and I realized I was at the top of the roller coaster getting ready to take off on a new journey in life. The next day I was up early and walked 1/2mile up and down the halls. The nurse told me I didn't even act like I just had major surgery. The following day I walked a mile in the halls prior to my discharge. I've had more pain going to the dentist than I had with this surgery. I simply think it is because I have gone into this positive and focused. My surgery was Tuesday and I feel I could have been back at work Friday if the dr would have allowed hit he kept me out until Monday the 10th. I went back and have been going non stop. I am lucky that I didn't have any of the pain I hear others talk about. I think the walking and I also did stretches and range of motion to get things moving are what helped me be pain free. It all depends on your personal outlook. If you are even slightly scared have someone go with you. But just remember we are here on the boards and will support you the entire way through. Hugs

simplySue- Hi! I am starting this WLS journey but surgery isn't until Feb. 2015. Anyhow where did you find the "body weight ticker" LOVE IT!!

It's on the regular website, not the mobile app, although I accessed it from my phone via Safari

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches