Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November 18th anyone?

@@mab1981, I am extremely sorry that I stated that so incorrectly and mislead you. I tend to be in my own conversation in my head and forget where I was typing. I lost 35 from the 2 weeks prior and 1 week post op.

Lol..I was thinking "that's incredible", 35 lbs in 3 weeks is also pretty amazing :) keep it up!!

I was sleeved on the 17th - in addition to the sleeve I had my gallbladder removed and a hernia repair. This was my first time to ever have surgery or be under anesthesia. I was scared and nervous. I stayed in recovery 6+ hours due to my blood pressure going so high 280's over 180's. The OR was calling any doctor they could and bringing in a cardiologist for fear I would stroke out. I pretty much remained out for 3 days just coming to off and on. It took me about a week before I even remotely felt like myself, it was the worst feeling in the world. I was only in the hospital for 2 nights then went home. Upon release from the hospital I was on a full liquid diet and just went to soft/pureed foods today. With that being said I can't hardly eat anything or drink. Most drinks the taste even Water makes me gag. I tried to eat a soft scrambled egg Saturday and could only eat about 1/2 of it and that’s all I could eat all day. I can only drink about 20-30 oz. a day and that's hard for me to do. Though I am losing weight (22 lbs since surgery) I am scared I am making myself sick or something else is wrong. I have my first follow-up appointment Wednesday and looking forward to talking to the doctor. Anyone else have a similar situation? How about everyone else's diet about how much do y'all eat at one time and drink?

I can eat 1/2 cup usually or 1 egg or 2 salmon patty. I can tolerate most things fortunately. My day is usually egg for Breakfast, shake, refried Beans with cheese, shake,egg or beans or something similar for dinner

I get uncomfortable and my stomach growls if I eat too fast or something doesn't sit right. I am working on slowing down in my shakes. I try to get it over with but end up drinking it too fast.

We had to take classes to prepare us for everything they could think of. This doctor's staff is freakin wonderful. Each person has a specific job and importance yet they all work hand in hand with another. Anyway, in one of the classes they warned us of drinking too fast and the "dumping" syndrome. I was very prepared for not drinking too quickly until 1 day while still in the hospital still I was writing down my ounces I was drinking. Someone came in and I got a little distracted. I had just drank an ounce for that 15 mins but didn't write it down so I took another drink not realizing. I swear it felt like I was about to give birth to a full grown elephant. THAT never happened again. Lol. Thank goodness I haven't experienced the dumping syndrome but I think that's more real with the solid foods.

My surgery plan pre and post are so different from everyone else's. I had to be on liquid diet 2 weeks pre surgical. Then, I week liquid post. Now, 5 weeks full liquid which means I can add pudding and my Protein Shakes and cream Soups and Vitamins. Followed by 1 week puree and 1 week soft. I was sleeved on November 18.

My plan is pretty much the same - two weeks liquid pre-op, one week liquid post, and now I'm on soft foods (eggs, yogurt, cottage cheese). I'll start puréed/well-cooked veggies this weekend, and then chicken/turkey/fish the following weekend. I figure I'll be close to normal eating by Christmas / into January. Relying a lot on my Protein Drinks to get the Protein in (I'm supposed to have 80g / day). Dairy isn't agreeing with me too well, so keep experimenting.

Down 20lbs from pre-op to now, about 4 weeks.

That's great in 4 weeks. I'm on several weeks of full liquid diet which is s/f Jello and pudding and popsicles, Water and crystal light, broth, Dannon light and fit Greek vanilla yogurt, and s/f sorbet and cream Soup. I just started that phase on November 25 and it'll go for 5 weeks. I'll have 1 week puree starting 30th. 1 week soft starting 6th. Like you I have to have 80-90 grams Protein daily with 64 oz water or Crystal light. I look forward to scrambled eggs again but I honestly know that I couldn't handle them right now. Enjoy eating the meat when you get to have it.

I was sleeved on the 18th as well and I'm feeling great now. First week was hard. With post op diet to now I've lost 20pounds or nearly 9-10 kgs my dr said I'd have slower weight loss as I was a revision. IE went from band to sleeve. Either way still happy. I'm mainly drinking Gatorade drinks as I'm not tolerating Water that well. Otherwise yogurts, custards, cheese, shakes and anything blended into purée. Made korma curry last night and just blended a cup in the wizz machine and it was awesome. Mind you only ate half but was great to get some flavours in. Well done everyone. Hardest part is done ????

@@stantog, glad to hear you're doing great. I have never been able to drink Water without gagging on it. This is why I'm so happy Crystal Light is allowed. Originally, I wanted to get the band. I was checking into it online when I read about the sleeve. So I made an appointment for a seminar that my local hospital was having regarding wls. Found out this particular doctor is trying to get away from doing the band. Heard several unfortunate stories involving it. I've noticed a lot of people who have had the band are now getting the sleeve. Hope all continues well with you now. Sounds like you're on the right road to greatness.

Yeh Michelle, I actually have moved since I got the band done and I went to see a different doctor for the sleeve. He actually stopped doing the sleeve 4 yrs ago due to the side effects and complications. So glad I had it removed. I know it's going to be a bit slower, but it will all be worth it in the long run :)