Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Self-pay Lap Band

:help: I live in Temecula, Ca. I intend to self pay for my lap band and am in the process of calling doctors in my area. Can anyone share information with me about prices and doctors. going to mexico is not an option because of husband, so I'm looking from riverside down to San Diego since I am a total stranger to LA area.

Thank you all for any help offered.

Jeri:gossip:

I'm Going To Self Pay Also. Everywhere I Have Looked In Ca Is About 16-30 Thousand. That Was Just To Much For Me. I Did A Lot Of Research On A Doctor In Mexico And Have My Surgery Date Scheduled For May 28th. My Husband Was Not Happy Either But When I Explained How Dr Ortiz Had Done Surgery In Other States And Also Teaches He Agreed To Let Me Go There. He Knows How Hard It Has Been For Me And Is Now Happy That This May Change My Life For The Better. I Hope You Find Somewhere. Why Are U Self Paying If U Dont Mind Me Asking?

HI ,

I was banded March 20, 2007 by Dr. Kuri. I flew into San Diego from Georgia and have had great results. I have yet to have my first fill and am loosing slowing but surely. ( 25 pounds ) Best surgery experience I have ever had!!

8950 was my fee, however, I think he runs specials since he does not go through a middle man. Call his office direct!!!

I went to Dr. Kirshenbaum in Denver for $9950 for everything. It will be easy and cheap for you to fly from west coast to Denver. I think it will be a good option for you.

I am also a self pay and trying to convince my husband to allow me to go to Mexico for surgery. I have not found any places that are less than or close to 7800 (the cost in mexico). So I am torn with this decision also.

Hey there, good to hear you are doing well. I too will be having my surgery with Dr. Kuri. What can you tell me about your experience? Surgery is this Thursday!!

I went to Dr. Kirshenbaum in Denver for $9950 for everything. It will be easy and cheap for you to fly from west coast to Denver. I think it will be a good option for you.

WOW, TARHEELUV, you are loosing great!!! yipppeee!!! Congrats....Did the cost of 9950 cover airfare?

Glynda,

Hi. Keep in mind that I lost 50 pounds prior to the surgery. I have only lost 15 since the surgery but I am excited about it. No the $9950 was just for the surgery cost and Dr. gives free fills for 3 months, then fills are only $15. Luckily Denver is a cheap flight from many areas, including Charlotte where I am coming from.

i have no insurance & I paid 7500k for everything. I went to Dr. Ortiz in Mexico. That included 3 night stay & a driver to & from the airport or boarder. I wouldnt go anywhere else after the care i had there. I have had 3 babies and seen a lot of Dr.'s & nurses in the U.S. over the years and my experence last week in Mexico was outstanding. I had never been to TJ & i was nervous but it ended up being the best hospital experience ive ever had!!!! It was awesome:)They were outstanding,really!:mad:

i was band 2/08/08

MySpace.com - www.myspace.com/74066746

Glynda,

Hi. Keep in mind that I lost 50 pounds prior to the surgery. I have only lost 15 since the surgery but I am excited about it. No the $9950 was just for the surgery cost and Dr. gives free fills for 3 months, then fills are only $15. Luckily Denver is a cheap flight from many areas, including Charlotte where I am coming from.

Tarheelluv,

I am scheduled with Dr. Kirshenbaum on March 25th. Any advice you can give or things you can share about your experience with him, his staff, surgical center, etc.? Also, where did you stay while you were there and did you need to rent a car? Thanks! : )