Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself, I am Jode from Australia. I had my band in on 30 June this year, start weight of 110kg, currently down 15kg. Had my first fill of 2cc 2 weeks ago and doing fine.

Catchyas round

Hi, Jode, great to hear from you! Do you know what your weight reads in pounds? Sorry, I don't know. What type of band do you have? Please post here more. We'd like to get to know you. Best of luck to you on your Banding Journey!:cool:

Pleasure to meet you! Sounds like you are doing fantastic..quick someone get a calculator to figure out what 15kg is!! Jode did u have your surgery in Australia?? Hope to hear more from you soon!

Katie

G'day, Jode! We Yanks only speak the Imperial weight system, never mind that the rest of the planet, including Pommieland, has given it up.

FYI, 1 kg = 2.2 lbs.; 1 lb. = 0.45 kg. So your 110 kg weight = 242 lbs., and your 15 kg loss =33 lbs. Good on ya!

Welcome to Lapbandtalk! It sounds like you're doing wonderfully! Congratulations on such a great loss so far!

Feel free to browse through all the threads. There is a wealth of information and experience there for the taking.

Keep coming back!

Thanks for the warm welcome. I really like the feel of this forum. I am kinda involved in some others but this one seems different - happier and friendlier. I hope it stays that way...

I sure will be around a lot. I live really remotely in the Northern Territory of AUstralia. West of Alice Springs in the desert - 20 km from the Western Australian border. There isn't much in the way of people who understand the band, though the people I have talked to here are very supportive.

Cheers

Jodie

Hi again, Jodie! What types of food are you eating now? I've found it very interesting to see what others eat ,whether from another country or just across the United States. (Guess I'm still obsessed by Foods, aren't I? ha ha) There's always an interesting variety. We have a "Recipes" thread going under "Foods". Would love to see some of yours posted there.:cool:

Hi Jode -- I was in Australia for a couple of months back in 1986, including a week or two in the center (the usual tourist stuff: Alice Springs, camel riding, Ayers Rock/Uluru, which people were still allowed to climb then). If you're west of Alice Springs you must indeed be isolated. Where did you have your surgery and follow-up care?

Stick around; there are a lot of interesting people on this board, and in the short time I've been visiting I haven't seen any flaming, name-calling, or other wacko behavior here. Just fun, helpful men and women, mostly American, who are incredibly supportive of each other. Welcome!

PS: Betty, I'm not smart -- I'm an idiot savant.

Marie, an idiot savant is a person who is basically an idiot -- to use a no-longer-acceptable term -- but has at least one marked gift, often for something completely useless (for example, Dustin Hoffman's character in "Rain Man," and me) but occasionally dazzling (the kid shown on 60 Minutes not long ago, who was mentally handicapped but an absolutely brilliant musician, able to play anything on the piano after hearing it just once). Hope that helps.