Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling January Sleever????

Hi everyone. I'm a newbie here. My surgery date is 1/5. It's fastly approaching. If anyone is having second thoughts or getting scared. Just go shopping for clothes like I did this past weekend. It will definitely give you a motivational boost :)

we have the same surgery Date!! Getting pumped!?

I am thrilleddd!!

Yep :) i am 5'7" and i weighed 320 on tuesday. He said as long as I follow his suggestions (mainly getting 100 g of Protein in a day) that loosing that is very realistic.

ok I'm 292...hw 311, 5'2...i can't seem to get past 292...oh well. .I'm already approved so I'll just keep trying till January.

I just got my surgery date as January 12th in Mexicali Bariatric Clinic in Mexico. I'm super excited and can't wait for it to get here. I wanted to go soon but needed to get my passport first. I'm kinda glad since I still need to get use to eating right and making sure I know how to get off all sodas and fast food as well as sugar.

Oh getting off of diet coke will be a major thing for me!! Goodluck Veronica!!

So i am having a hard time finding a Protein drink to use. I am in Saskatchewan Canada and looking for a fruit flavored one that isnt thick. Any thoughts??? I am not a shake type of person but could do juice to sip away at.

I know the diet coke struggle and I did not go cold turkey I just went to once a day then once every other day and then once a week to nothing. I feel better now actually since I gave it up and it has been two weeks. I know that Amazon canada sell Isopure drink they tend to be fruity but you can dilute them with a lot of ice and they seem to go down pretty well and also have tons of Protein in them. I do that here and there but mostly do the isopure Protein Shakes they aren't too thick and the taste is not so bad. I know a lot of people like the premade ones which is fine but the one I take doesn't have any carbs and no sugar and helps me lose the weight better. When is your date Rebecca?

My date is for January 14. Having it done in Tijuana!

My date is for January 14. Having it done in Tijuana!

What Doctor are you using ?

any one have any suggestions on Protein powders that don't taste horrible and come in a pretty big container but also budget friendly

I take Isopure from GNC honestly if you are not a member is $93 or so but for

$15 a yr you only pay $53 its for almost 5lbs. It does not taste bad at all. The chocolate is the most popular but I do vanilla because I add fruit to mine.

Well Rebecca we will probably all be home at a veery close time so we should def stay in touch and tell each other about our journeys.

Nice! I am working on drinking more Water (read: less Diet Coke!) and adjusting my diet.

My insurance does not cover obesity at all, so I opted for Mexico. However, I am struggling with 'I ONLY HAVE 2 MORE MONTHS TO EAT ______, better do it now!". So, I have gained about 5lbs in the last 2-3 weeks.

But, today I am back on track. I am working on high protien, low carb and more Water.< /p>

I live in rural AK, so I cannot run out and buy Protein drinks/powder, but I ordered a ton of stuff on Amazon and when they come in, I will be subbing meals and doing test runs to see what I like for the 2 week pre-op diet as well as post-op liquids. I am super excited to have the tools to get back on the right track.

I will have to check out the app...because I need more water! Thanks for the tip! :)