Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded at Northwest Weight Loss (Everett)

Cherrybomb,

Hate to be the downer, but I don't think he ever approves anyone early. I had some quiche the night before my 10 day follow up and he was aghast! Too much texture according to him, but I couldn't take it. At least I gave it 10 before I tried mushy things.

Thanks, Pinenut. I thought it might be wishful thinking. I thought that I would try thinnning down refried Beans to a watery consistency (with enchilada sauce) and see if that works. Thanks for the tip with stuffing. I will try to hold out the full two weeks for the mushies...:-(

Oh, Pinenut - another question for you. When did Dr. Michaelson give you the all-clear to exercise? I want to start using my aerobic videos again but I bet I am a few weeks away from being allowed to use them. The thing is that I really don't like walking, but that seems like the only thing we are allowed to do now. Thanks, Cherry

You need to be kind to your tummy. I overdid things with lifting too much too soon - like one of my children- and was sorry for it. So of course I did it 2 more times after that. I would wait the whole 4-6 weeks before I started shakin' anything.

:whoo:

I have only in the last week started back on my elliptical. Maybe you could start with stretching or some of the walk away the pounds videos.

Good advice, Pinenut. I am feeling quite frisky but I shouldn't let that get me into trouble by overdoing things. Really, I am surprised how good I feel so soon after the surgery. The only thing that has been a problem has been my hunger. Thanks for the advice!

Hey All,

I went to the meting on the 9th and was looking for ShelMar. I didn't see you......How are things going?

I went for a 2nd fill on Wed. Took me 1.5 hr to get there from Tacoma and 2.5 to get back. So I stayed at work til 7. Yuk.

Anyway, I am definately restricted. I had trouble last nite with my pills and one was stuck. Not a good feeling. I was sweaty and poopy and shaking. I think the more I got concerned, the worse it got.

I called the office this morning and they pretty much confirmed the stuck part. So tonight I am going to try with hot Water and a split pill. I can't wait till August when we have insurance again and I am going to get the 2 50mg back rather than the 100mg. I can't believe it has been troublesome.

OK, I am off to bed and have to take my medicine. Wish me luck!:notagree

I'm going to the August 16th support group meeting in the morning, just after my first fill. Anyone else going to be there?

New around here, but I'll be going under the knife with Dr. Montgomery, hopefully within a month or so (insurance, y'know how it is.) It's so exciting to see WA folks unite! I hope to meet some of you at a support group meeting!

Hello....anyone still show up here? Got banded on 7/31 and feeling pretty good except for the pain of all the holes poked in me...lol

Still hoping to hear about a support group in the Kitsap county area!!

Have a great day!

I *should* be having my band done by Dr. Montgomery in early September. My consult is 8/9. I am totally jazzed--especially after reading so many of your posts.

I don't think I'll need a sleep study, because I don't have sleep apnea.

If I don't wear green Jel-O as a hat will I pass my psych eval on 8/8?

Darr

New around here, but I'll be going under the knife with Dr. Montgomery, hopefully within a month or so (insurance, y'know how it is.) It's so exciting to see WA folks unite! I hope to meet some of you at a support group meeting!

I'll be at the support group meeting on the 13th 7pm at NWWLS! Get there a few minutes early if you WANT to weigh in. Hope to see ya there!

Hey All,

I went to the meting on the 9th and was looking for ShelMar. I didn't see you......How are things going?

I went for a 2nd fill on Wed. Took me 1.5 hr to get there from Tacoma and 2.5 to get back. So I stayed at work til 7. Yuk.

Anyway, I am definately restricted. I had trouble last nite with my pills and one was stuck. Not a good feeling. I was sweaty and poopy and shaking. I think the more I got concerned, the worse it got.

I called the office this morning and they pretty much confirmed the stuck part. So tonight I am going to try with hot Water and a split pill. I can't wait till August when we have insurance again and I am going to get the 2 50mg back rather than the 100mg. I can't believe it has been troublesome.

OK, I am off to bed and have to take my medicine. Wish me luck!:notagree

Hey girl!! I WAS at the SGM on the July 9th.... right in the middle....and split up into "Seattle" when we did that... SEE proof I was there...lol

I got my first fill yesturday.... I do feel a little restriction, only because if you recall I had 4 cc's removed the day after surgery because I was so swollen. Well, I now have 3 cc's :clap2:

Careful and good luck with your pills.... I will be taking my first pills tonight since my fill... (botine & potasium).... by Flinstones and Calcium are both chewable.< img src="https://s.bariatricpal.com/uploads/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://s.bariatricpal.com/uploads/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20" />

See ya on the SGM on the 13th @ 7pm if your gonna be there!:biggrin1:

Oh, Pinenut - another question for you. When did Dr. Michaelson give you the all-clear to exercise? I want to start using my aerobic videos again but I bet I am a few weeks away from being allowed to use them. The thing is that I really don't like walking, but that seems like the only thing we are allowed to do now. Thanks, Cherry

I was banded on 6/21 and had the go ahead by Dr. Michaelson to return to low impact cardio kickboxing on 7/19 (4 weeks post op). I just started doing mini crunches on 8/1 (almost 6 weeks post op). And I did LIGHT weights on 7/31.

Shell Mar.....I'm planning on attending on Monday night! See you there.

Got some great news today, I went for my consult with the sleep study people and they had scheduled me for the sleep study on the 18th - - that was cutting it close to my scheduled surgery date of the 31st. But as luck would have it, there was a cancellation and I get to go in on Sunday! That was fast and unexpected. I'm excited knowing that my results will get to NWWLS in plenty of time before my surgery date!

And as I'm on the waiting list to be moved up the calendar, it could just happen sooner, who knows?

Thanks for letting post my good news somewhere!:clap2:

Cherrybomb - sure hope I have as good of an experience with Dr. Watkins! Congrats.

DANGIT.... i did not see you there either!! Congrats on your good news... how are things now?? See ya on the 13th???

Dr. Michaelson performed my surgery on July 5 and so far I have felt fantastic. I haven't needed the narcotic elixir - just some liquid Tylenol. I'm having a little pain in my shoulder and my "stab wounds" are tender but nothing like expected to feel. I even spent the day out and about with my hubby. I'm so impressed by all the staff at NWWLS. It was a great experience (other than general anesthesia - I hate coming out of that foggy sleep).

Does anyone know if there is an online forum/chat rooms for NWWLS patients? I've only seen references to the in-person meetings.

Congrats on your surgery.... it's so exciting... I just LOVE NWWLS and everyone there.... and the magic hands of Dr. Michaelson! hehehe

If you have not received the email inviting you to the NWWLS yahoo group, let me know... or email me, I think it's in my profile? I will see if I can "invite you" to the group or not???? Will have to play with it...

Hi ShellMarr - Would love to meet up with you and other bandsters at the support meeting, but I'll be on vacation . I hope to have my surgery scheduled by next week (if Aetna plays nice...) and be on the table the first week of September. Trust me, we'll see each other!