Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone Banded Who is in thier 20's

:DHi My name is Jeni,

I was wondering if there is anyone here around my age who also got banded.(or thinking of getting banded) It just seems like im the youngest one in here Im 22yrs. old. (not that i mind im just curious);)

Well anyways I got banded I March and am loving every min of it. I just feel happier and healthier.. 28lbs gone 4ever.

Looking forward to getting to know other bandsters.

There are a few here who are around your age.

I was banded 27 months ago, at age 24. Never regretted it for a second.

Thanx its good to know. By the way you look great!!

I'm 23 (barely!), and I was banded last month. So far so good, I'm glad I did it! ;)

Im 29 and a guy, how bout that? Did it in March, going ok so far. Had my 1st fill last Monday, but can still eat. I was like WTF! Why can I still eat, but I do notice I get fuller faster. One thing, I didn't no that the eating and drinking thing together was bad because it washed your food down for you. I thought you weren't supposed to cause you choke easy. But from reading today that's why. I love to drink and eat at the same time, but get choked up now. I have never "slimed" anything yet, but get close when I get greedy and eat and drink together. So it's Saturday morning, I got a good wake n bake right now and Im just a typing away on here. Jammin to some Siruis Satelite Radio and checking threads.

Do ya'll know any guys, in person, who have had this surgery? I know alot of women, but no guys. I see them on here, but don't know any personally. And how do your friends take this. Mine are cool, I can still eat pretty much what I want so the BBQ's and Hooters outings haven't been affected to much yet w/ the guys. Im just jumping all over the place here.

I was banded @ 22 years old in august of 2005. I will be 24this year and the band is by far the best thing i have ever done for myself. I am down 113 lbs and having been working out 4-6 days a week for the last 2 weeks regularly..Before that i would only work out like once a month lol

There are lots of people who are young around here. I got the band about a month before I turned 24. In the two months I've had it I've already lost 50 pounds and the weight is still comming off. I kind of wish it had come off a little slower at first since I lost my gall bladder and that made me really sick and recovery from that has been sort of rough, but other than that, I think its great. I haven't even had a fill yet.

thanks everyone... its good to know that im not the only one who had the band put in young... im loving the band everyday and im going walking about 3 x a week (which is a huge difference considering before the band i did absolutely nothing) so where is everyon from??

Hey Jeni,

I'm 22, and I get banded soon.

It's great to know what you have lost so far, well done, and much luck on the rest!

x

Hey everyone- I'm 22 and got banded at 21. I've had the band since last July and am about to turn 23 in August! I guess I'm the youngest so far?

My band is REALLY tight- 3ccs in a 4cc band with 3 fills. I love my fills- I look forward to getting tighter lol I have no fear of the fill needle and my doc doesn't use any numbing needles first so if you haven't had a fill, don't worry about it!

I'm finally at a fill level where the weight is falling off at about 2lbs a week, and it feels GOOD!

Good luck to everyone!

27 here! SOrt of wish I would have done this sooner! I'm approved by insurance and waiting to schedule my surgery date.

Evilah

Hi Jeni,

I was banded last April and Im 25:-) The band was the best thing that happened to me!

You have lost quite a lot! Great work!!

I would have been banded sooner if I had known about Lap-Band.

I had been looking into GB since I was 18.. It seemed too drastic so I did my yo-yo diets until this past December when I said enough was enough..so got back into the GB swing, and while doing research I found Lap-band.. read a lot of info on the forums here and knew this was for me!

So here I am :) Wish I'd seen ads for Lap-band earlier though!

I'm 28 (turning 29 in June :ohwell:). I am not banded yet, but hopefully will be soon.