Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Skinny Dream

I have a silly dream that I thought I would share with you. I dream of being skinny and in shape enough to be a roller derby chick and join the Break Neck Betties

bettiesdec06.jpg

What is your skinny dream?

My "skinny dream" is to be fit and healthy enough to run (and enjoy it!).

I run my first charity run tomorrow!

I dream I can confidently sing the song..."Dontcha wish your girlfriend was hot like me...dontcha wish your girlfriend was a freak like me.." Thats what I dream...one day...one day...

Chickie, that is soooo cool!!! So, tell us how it went! How long has it taken you to reach this goal?

Snaggletooth, I know what you mean. I want to be able to cross my legs comfortably again.

areellady, ME TOO!

Very cool! Thank you all for sharing.

Well, I have been running for over 18 months on and off (I had a few months off after my Tummy Tuck last August)

I got back into running regularly about 3 or 4 months ago (running 6 or 7 days a week for 4 or 5 km, rather than once a week for 3km). I have always enjoyed running, so perhaps my pp was worded poorly. I had actually already reached my "skinny dream".

The Mothers Day run was my first organised event.

The 4.5km run was thrilling. Just being out there with about 1100 other people, running for a great cause (breast cancer research). It felt amazing.

If I am truthful, I am actually far prouder of run on Sunday than I am of my 183lb weight loss.

I finished the 4.5km in a time of 28.35 minutes, with a place of 420 out of roughly 1100. Finishing mid way through the pack did more for my confidence than losing all the weight. Seeing my husband and son waiting for me at the finish line was enough to make me cry. How proud of me they were.

So there it is. My skinny dream, no longer a dream, but reality. On to my next goal.

MothersDay008.jpg

Drenched after running in the rain, but happy as can be!

Looking good and fitting in clothes at all sorts of stores so that when I hang out with my good friends ( they are a size 4) I can look at clothes wherever and tell my husband how hot his wife is (ok sometimes I do this last one now, I don't exactly suffer from low self esteem).

How are thig going. Your picture could be seen and two sisters. The old you and the new you.

I got banded on March 28th. So far I am 21 pounds down from 271. Yesterday (5/16/07) I got my first fill. I think it wasn't enough. I even asked my Dr--could she do 2-cc's. She said--all wanted to do was 1 cc of Water in the ort for the first fill. Then says--I will not be back til June-6th. Means I have wait about 3 weeks before I can get a fill. My Dr is the only fill dr in her office of 12 docs....Strange?

My dream is to fit in the same size clothes as my 2 younger sisters (both a disgusting size 8/10) so that we can swap clothes like they do on telly!!!!

My skinny dream is to shop with my daughter, and maybe be able to share clothes. Not all clothes because I hate the look of the old Mom wearing things that look way too young for them.Ughh!

We also snowboard together and I would like to fit into the cool clothes instead of the only ugly jacket that I can find to fit!!! It would be nice to have a selection for a change.

Good luck all....I enter bandland on Monday!!!

All I want to do is--be the size I was when I made 28....seems crazy---but I was a 32 waist and wore a size medium shirt. That would be averaging 170 to 185 pounds. If I was that size again...I'd hardly feel badly or complain. I am just 65 pounds away from the 185..I am 250 now--down from 271 as of March 28th--the day I got banded. I just got my first fill May 16th. It was the 1 cc fill. I am doing ok...But over the past 4 days--it's a touch and go thing. Eating veggies--I got full after 1/2 a bowl. I cut up chickenand put in some--I ate more it seems and didn't feel full too soon. I guess I will stick to my diet--eat veggies...soft baked chicken and fish. I am looking forward to another 20 pounds in 6 weeks. It can be done. I rode about 8.5 miles today on my bike. Was I tired--Oh God I was. But I spiked my protien drink with 3 Vitamin B complex tabs--crushed up...blended...LL

Oh yes...But I do ride my bike at least 4 to 5 days a week. I have to get me some rest. I am about ready for 5 to 6 days. Hills are no longer steep hills--they are just a challenge..>lee