Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op Diet Bandsters!

I thought I would start a thread for those of us (and we are many) who are currently on post op diets - which ever stage; Clear liquids, full fluids or mushies. Many of us have been unsure about some of what constitutes a full Fluid, or the recommended potion sizes. I am sure we can all use some support from each other to get through this. Also, I glady invite the "old timers" to post; giving their knowledge and wisdom as well as those to be banded, who want a greater understanding of what's to come.

Today I ate:

Breakfast - 3/4 C Protein Shake with 2 scoops Protein powder

lunch - 3/4 c. cream of broccoli Soup

Afternoon snack: 1/4 c. low fat soft serve frozen yogurt

Dinner: 1/4 C. veggie juice, 1/2 c. cream of broccoli soup (I forgot the protein poiwder, darn)!

How are we post op dieters doing today? I posted my weeked on my thread if you are interested.

Still dealing with (sometimes, intense) hunger - but hanging in.

I'm not doing too bad, unless you count the weekend...

It was my turn to BBQ and it smelled so gooooooood. All I wanted was one bite but I held out and kept my mouth SHUT!

I went to Booster juice for lunch today and had a smoothie.

Jannet

Finding it really hard. I feel fine and think i should be able to eat normally. It is really hard when you have to cook for the family. I did start walking about half an hour a day. Scared to weigh myself because i had gained a couple pounds when started the cream Soup. Cant wait until post op is over.

Finding it really hard. I feel fine and think i should be able to eat normally. It is really hard when you have to cook for the family. I did start walking about half an hour a day. Scared to weigh myself because i had gained a couple pounds when started the cream Soup. Cant wait until post op is over.

Brookelany, I hear you! I also had a little weight gain with the cream Soups, but I switched to Gardennay which are very creamy and no cream. Much healthier. I have to say that I have barely cooked for my family. They eat what I can take out of the freezer and go into the microwave then I get out of there pronto!

When do you start muchies? I start Thursday and I hear that it is easier. Hang in there, girl!

I'm still on full liquids. It hasn't been to bad, I'm quite enjoying it! I usually have a Protein Drink for breakfast or at least half of one. Then I'll have some Soup for lunch. Then maybe some chicken broth with added Unjury Protein Powder and another half Protein smoothie. If I need a snack during the day I usually have abit of V8 juice, jello(with Unjury protein powder added) or a SF popsicle and lots and lots of Water.< /p>

I am on full fluids too...

Looking forward to real people food again...

For more up to date updates... have a look at yodas yammerings...

Congrats to us all for taking this step and surviving this long!!!

Not according to Mrs.Y...

If I'm a good boy I can have mushies friday supper...:whoo:

But I am rarely a good boy....:heh:

But I am rarely a good boy....:heh:

Bad boys have more fun, plus I have heard that chicks dig bad boys.

You and Mrs. Yoda, I can just picture it like the scene out of Empire Strikes Back. You are carrying her around on your back and she is saying things like "There is no try, just do" and "mmmm..... good boy you be, you get muchies for dinner."

JLB: I must say that I did have a chocolate shake during the full liquids stage.

Andrew

Gaffer, may I say again, you are doing fanfriggintastic. You are already almost half way there!!!! Good man.