Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The saga of my tender port continues

Penni, send me an e-mail at work when you get back from Billy's. I'm curious if he's gonna stick a needle in to collect a culture. I hope it's nothing serious. Hurry!

Hopefully it's simple, you might even wake up in the morning and its gone...
Vera how did you do that? I woke up this morning and the redness was gone. The soreness is almost gone. TOO weird. I am still heading to see the Dr. though. Maybe he could do some testing or whatever. I would like to have an xray to check placement actually. All things to discuss with him today.

Lisa I will either call or email you when I get home.

Thanks guys for all your support. It really means alot to me and Lisa.

Penni - Isn't that always the case, make and appointment and everything gets better. I am glad to see you are keeping your appointment! Let us know how it goes.

OK back from my appointment. SIGH!! OK Dr. Billy seems to think I am allergic to the ONE needle that is used for the fills. He seems to think that is causing the redness and tenderness. He is gonna try a different technique next fill and see if that works. I will have to take 50 mg Benadryl before the fill then he will use alcohol instead of betadine and then take 50 mg Benadryl after the fill. I will be flying high for sure with all that Benadryl in my system. LOL!!!

And because I will have that Benadryl in my system I will need someone to drive me there and back. SIGH!!

I also talked to Billy about Lisa's case. I took a pic of her abdomen and explained what has been going on. He was very sweet and suggested several options, even offering to get involved on a personal level. I don't want to go into specifics here till I speak with Lisa about what he said. I will come back and fill all you guys in then.

Penni, I don't think you'll be high. More like comatose from the benadryl. Especially if you're not used to taking any. Glad to hear this wasn't more serious. Best of luck to you!:cool:

P. S. Did you wear your "drool bucket" to see your lucious dr. today? I think you were just looking for an excuse to see him. LOL :D

Hi Penni--glad things are going to be ok...what did he suggest for your tenderness and redness now? Give you antibiotics or anything??

I have got to meet this Dr. Billy if he is so adorable!! Come on girls we're all moving in with Penni!

Keep us posted on your and Lisa's conditions....we're worried about you ladies!!

katie

Hi Penni,

Glad you woke up and the pain was gone. Did you get another fill recently? Seems weird it would get sore and painful a while after a fill. Hope Dr. Billy's new technique works better for you and can't wait to hear whats in store for Lisa. Penni you are such a blessed sweet angel. Best wishes and good health, Teresa

Whats the deal with this website recently? I can't get everything to work smoothly...

I talked at length with Lisa earlier and gave her all the updates on what Billy said.

Yes I had my drool bucket in hand. He is such a sweetie. I was waiting for him and when he walked in he just stared at me and said, "I thought we took care of you with your last visit." LOL!! such a sweetie.

Anyway, he suggested Lisa call the Vegas doc Frances Teng, MD. This is the same doc that refused to see her the first time. But Billy is going to call him since they are best friends, IT IS GOOD TO HAVE FRIENDS IN HIGH PLACES. He is going to tell him to take Lisa on as a patient and treat the wound and then see if he will order an endoscopy to see how the band is doing. Billy seems to think it could be erosion causing all the problems. If so then the band must come off. Lisa and I both discussed her options if that happens but we are taking it one step at a time. She is calling Teng tomorrow and see how far she can get. I told her if she can't get through to get them to see her then for her to call Billy's office and let them know. So we will see what happens from there. Billy said he would be happy to see her if she elected to go that route. He said it was awful what has happened to her and it makes him angry to see anyone not be taken care of properly.

I had a fill about two weeks ago. I asked him the same question Teresa about it being that long and showing up now. He said it can happen. So there ya go.

I have noticed the slowness of the website as well.

I hope Lisa doesn't have erosion. I also hope Teng will end up taking her. At least then she wouldn't have the drive to California for check-ups. Thanks for the update. I thought it was funny that I woke up today and here is a newly formatted lapbandtalk. Alex must have ESP! Well hope you have a good day, Teresa

Well. I'm wagering there is no erosion, as Lisa still has some restriction. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the major sign of erosion is losing all restriction. So, we're gonna hope for something far less devestating. :cool: I think with proper aftercare, Lisa will get it all fixed up and continue on her road to weight loss. :D

What's that saying about expecting the worst but hoping for the best? That's me. Dr. Teng is in surgery all day, but I talked to Peggy in his office and 'splained the whole Penni/Billy conversation. He'll be in on Monday. It would be a huge relief if he'd just see me. I'm not extremely hopeful though, since Dr. Rumbault called the other local band doctor here (Fisher) and asked him to take me on, but Fisher said Nevada Med Mal insurance simply won't allow him to take on Mexican patients. Band, what band, I don't have a band - where's Mexico?

The only thing with Billy is he costs way more than Kuri, and going to Kuri and Billy are about the same distance as far as traveling goes. If I have to go to Mexico, I'll just go to Penni's, who lives a couple blocks from my lil brother (who I can visit while there.) Then Penni can drag me to Mexico cuz she said the train leaves right from her hood to San Diego, then a $2.00 trolly into TJ. to see Kuri. It's kinda a bonus cuz I'll get a Penni fix. But wouldn't it be nice if someone local could just tell me what the problem is and get me an endoscopy? That would be like hitting a jackpot!