Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Last Pre-op Doctor's Visit Look out surgery here I come!

Ice creme Soups Betty.....

you better be kidding

They did'nt give you a licence to kill your self before surgery!

Be good!:) It'll be more you have to lose after your banded. I know because I went hog wild and had several "Last Suppers" and gained 20lbs. and regret it.:D

By the way, was that you that was volunteering your house for the next Bash? Or was that someone else?

I do believe that was you!:):D

I am behaving, I just am happy I can do cream Soups the day before. I thought I would have to do Clear liquids. I don't want to have to lose more than I have to right now!

How is your DH going to like having a housefull of good looking gals? We'll set him straight on how we all eat, you won't have that problem anymore.:eek: ;):D :D

Great news, Betty! Just think, the 18th is less than a week away. Try to distract yourself over the next few days -- it's hard not to obsess about the band and the upcoming surgery, but the time will pass, and you'll be banded in no time!

Yummy Soup...mmm....find ones you like now, you'll need 'em later. :D

It is only 4 more days -- hurry up and go to sleep, I'm not counting tonight! ha

So...for bash we are touring Texas? First Lisa's, then Betty's....isn't Leatha down there, too? That would be known as the BIG Bash. :)

Penni - Hopefully it will just be a round of meds for you and you will be back on track soon. That really sounds strange after so long. Take care and please post as soon as you find out.

Originally posted by Rebeccalee

Yummy soup...mmm....find ones you like now, you'll need 'em later. :eek:

It is only 4 more days -- hurry up and go to sleep, I'm not counting tonight! ha

So...for bash we are touring Texas? First Lisa's, then Betty's....isn't Leatha down there, too? That would be known as the BIG Bash. :D

Works for me. However many can fit into my apartment are welcome, cept I don't cook much.. I'm the world's worst hostess, I'm afraid. :)

The world's worst hostess? I think I got the crown for that one! I was in the pool while everyone else was cooking and cleaning. So, Leatha, what's your address? I'll cook & clean while you lounge around. Worked for me!

Miss Betty... You know how excited I am for you!!!! You and me... in our leathers... but I'll just stand NEXT to the Harley....hehehehe. I am seriously considering getting a tattoo mostly because it is the last thing anybody would think I would do... wanna get one with me????? Seriously... I am so darned tickled that you are finally getting your band and if the next lapband get-together is at your place... I'll be there with bells...and leathers on!

(((hugs)))

Darcy

Thank you Miss Darcy! You would look cute with a tatoo, but I really don't like them. I will wear my leathers with you though!:cool:

I wouldn't mind hosting something in the summer, but right now isn't a good time. We live about 10 minutes from Joe Pool lake, we have a bass boat down there, and we could get a spot on the shore for a party. I also have a pool with a spa so we would have some things to do. Of course we could take some pictures of you on the Harley even if you don't want to ride it.:D :D :D And, you could sport your new tatoo!

Maybe next summer we could all get together here, heck, you hubby likes to fish so he would be in heaven here.:D :D I definately want to be healed up so I can have some fun too!

I might even be able to talk my brother into a crawfish boil, he makes the best!:D

Then it's settled. The next LBT Bash is at Bettys house. First she wants to get all skinny on us. Thats why she's putting it off for a whole year!LOL

Partay at Betty's!!!! Seriously... I could even drive which would save me the total nervous breakdown that would come with flying!

Betty... I doubt I will ever actually get a tattoo... but I feel like a bad a$$ talking like I would. :cool: If I showed up at a class reuion with a tattoo... (I would gouge my eyes out before attending a class reuion) all of my classmates would drop dead of shock. Sometimes I think it would be nice to be a rebel... but I don't think I have what it takes!

Did I mention how excited I am for you???? Don't forget to come and post how you are doing so that I won't worry like an old mother hen!

Darcy

Lisa - You aren't off the hook, mine is next year, your's is this year:D :cool: :D

Darcy - You could get a small heart or something! I will definately post as soon as I can.

I got so upset earlier, a guy came in the office and he was caughing and hacking so bad. I thought he would leave right away, but not. He sat here and started talking. I got up and walked in the other office next door (my old office) and just sat there. In about half an hour the boss came to see if anything was wrong. I told him I couldn't take a chance of catching that since my surgery would be postponed. He said he never thought about it or he would have taken him over to the other office. He said stay over here, I will get rid of him. So he did, then he opened the door and aired it out, then sent me to get some Lysol. I hope I didn't catch it before I got smart enough to move. I went to Walgreens, got some Vitamin c and started taking it. When I was at the Docs the other day I ask him if I caught a cold would they cancel the surgery, and he said most likely. UGH!

Betty, I'm the pro on this subject, and you are very smart to avoid getting sick. About 10 days before my surgery, everyone in my immediate life was horribly sick. I was so afraid of getting the crud that I ran right to the doctor. My throat was starting to get sore, so I explained the need to be healthy, and he gave me an antibiotic shot. So I felt better. Then the exact day of my surgery, I woke up feeling a tiny strange in the throat. I figured it was allergies since I had the shot. I got to Mexico around noon and was out of surgery by 4:00 p.m., but I woke up crying because I didn't think I could breathe - the tube they stuck down my throat kick-started the worst sore throat and bronchial infection, so I was really, really sick after my surgery.

I still wonder till this day if all the coughing I did during recovery is what screwed up my port. I voiced my concerns prior to the surgery, but I was assured that coughing could not dislodge the port. But I was one sick puppy.

I know you've waited so long for this day to finally get here, but you're gonna have to take my word - so if you feel the slightest cold or flu coming on, be smart (unlike Dumby Me) and reschedule.