Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Sleevers, let's buddy up

Hi all! I found out insurance had approved me on Monday and got my actual date today. I am scheduled for November 10. I am a little nervous, but mostly just ready to get on with my life. I have been overweight for the last 15 years. This site has been incredibly helpful in making my decision to get the sleeve, and I think it is great to be able to talk with others who are in the same boat.

My husband doesn't want me to do it, and then I start to think that maybe I can do it on my own. He tells me I can do it if I would exercise, doesn't quite get that it's not as easy as it sounds. Maybe I just didn't try hard enough, my dr gave me order for phentermine. I only have until the end of the year to make the decision, I just found out that it has to be by the end of the year. When I 1st started doctoring I was told I had 1 yr from the time I was approved. I was planning on doing it next spring, I have to be off work for 6 wks so I had to save and get ready to be without an income for 6 wks.

I am 40 yrs old, had breast cancer when I was 31, have high BP, high cholesterol, and borderline diabetes. So confused!!!

Hi Chicogirl! I'm 11/25 also, in Baltimore. No pre-op diet, just liquids the day before, but I thought about putting myself on one just for extra safety. I've been drinking a lot of Premier Protein because it's not super expensive, it's easy to find and it's packs a pretty good Protein punch. Before that, I liked Muscle Milk Light, but the nutritionist said they stopped recommending it because of the level of heavy metals in it. Sucks, because that one really doesn't taste like protein, it's more like a melted Frosty.

im scheduled for Nov 6th. only thing that worries me is taking my medication. I take a couple good size pills, and worried I wont be able to take them.

I am November 11 and my pre-op diet starts 10/28. Time can't pass fast enough!

November 17th for me. I only have my NUT appt & final weight check.

I just finished the required 6 month program (classes and one on one appointments). The are submitting my insurance now so about 2 weeks to hear back and then schedule surgery and pre-op class. They said my insurance usually OKs the surgery without issue at this point so I hope no problems there. All my tests are done and cleared. I am getting nervous but excited too!! They said most likely I'll have my surgery in November---next month--YIKES!! Glad to have surgery "buddies" even if it's on the computer! Oh, I am in Oregon!

Edited by Ageekygal

I'm scheduled for 11/4 in Edmond, OK with Dr Gregory Walton. I just received insurance approval this week. My pre-op appointment is 10/27 and I have weigh 343.5. I'm currently 357.5 so have a bit to go but I'm on a pretty solid diet plan so know I can make it.

Hi chicogirl3 My surgery is scheduled for 11/18/14. I was really surprised by the anxiety avalanche I experienced after getting off the phone with the surgery coordinator...especially since I have been working toward getting a date since last March. I have re-examined my motives and my anticipated journey over the next few months and years and I am ready. Having a few November sleeve buddies will be very welcome.

Im nov 6. I'm gonna make a list of us novembers so we can stick together! I have all my Proteins, Vitamins, pill crushers, smaller clothes organized for easy access.

I'm still nervous about being home with my 7 yr old after and not being able to do my normal things. I'm scared I can't drink big sips I scared of not being able to drink or get my pills in (crushed).

November 10th here. So very excited! :) All requirements met, insurance approved & ready to go!

I just realized my date is one 3 weeks from tomorrow!!! Oh my!

11/14 for me! My surgeon doesn't require a pre-op diet, but I am doing one anyway starting on 11/1. So excited!!

@@VSGfor150, what is your plan for the pre-op diet? Mine doesn't require one either, but I was thinking about doing the same thing just to get myself in the right head space and make things safer. So far I was thinking about 3 shakes and a lean & green (no sense in going ALL liquids if I don't have to).