Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all! I had Mt gastric sleeve done 9/24/14, and I'm doing okay. Had dome trouble the first week and a half, I was one of the most unlucky few.

I am starting to regret getting this done. I feel so weak always. So tired. I feel depressed. I live far from my doctor and since I am 21, there are not.many young support groups I can attend. (Or if they do have it, its one days I have work).

Not asking for a pity party, but did anyone else have this problem the first few months? Will it go away? I still think about food. Idk why. Maybe its because I still can't have solid foods so I'm craving them more. But I'm too nauseous to ever feel like eating.

Besides my problem, I'd love to hear your stories. That always seems to cheer me up seeing other people happy :)

Sounds like a great time to read the before and after picture threads!

I guess you might be dehydrated...it causes exhaustion.

Be sure you are drinking all you liquids and Protein. If your Dr didn't give you Zofran or something similar for nausea call him. I found that ice Water was my best liquid. It does get better. I am 41/2 weeks out and feel great. I was hungry on the full liquid and it got better with each stage. Your body and mind just has to heal and adjust. Hang in there!

Yes, I think that the first month or 6 weeks even was pretty difficult emotionally for me. I didn't expect how hard that would be (not physically, but emotionally). In retrospect I can see that I was grieving the loss of food...my coping mechanism for so many years. There definitely is light at the end of the tunnel though! I've kept a blog of my journey from the very beginning. You're welcome to check it out (linked in my signature). Maybe skip to around Sept-Oct 2013 as that is when I had my surgery and was at your stage and then move forward. Good luck to you!

Edited by livvsmum

Hang in there. My recovery is slower. I just drank the last of my pain meds right from the bottle as there was less than a dose left!!! First time I have ever finished pain medications.

I can't help but compare myself to others who are doing "better than me" but, cripe, I am 2.5 weeks post op and need to lighten up on myself. This is drastic. You know that and knew it going in, but until you reach the point of waking up from an irreversible situation, you truly cannot know what to expect. As folks here noted, stay hydrated. If not, you will feel sad and bad. Look at the before and after pics as someone suggested. Go online to seek out other pictures and stories. I am currently reading the blogs of Kelly Coffey (strongcoffey.com) who had the surgery in her early twenties, and had all kinds of issues with partying and now she shares her story with others. Even though I am old enough to be her mom, I have learned something beneficial with each read.

Are you getting your prescribed Vitamins, Water and Protein grams? Are you advancing your diet as directed, (even if you do't particularly "feel" like it? If you're not getting proper hydration and nutrition, you'll feel like crap and heal slower. Your doc can prescribe nausea meds including a skin patch which is nice since you don't have to swallow something else. Feeling emotional is normal at this stage. As your body releases fat rapidly, it's also releasing hormones and toxins stored there. It gets better. The best medicine is to move more. That will build muscles that increase metabolism and release endorphins to help you feel better naturally. If you're getting everything you need and still feel like crap, see your doc. Vitamin deficiency can be a real problem post-op, even if you're taking supplements as directed. Some folks just don't absorb correctly and need a shot to get over the hump.

Thanks for the feedback everyone! And yes, I am making sure j am taking all.my Vitamins. I was on them a bit before I had to go off them, and I remember have good enegery on them. So as soon as I was able to be on them again, I got on it Lol. And yes, I like to do this by the books so I am moving onto each stage as directed by my doctor. I am staying as hydrated as I can, although since I am used to taking big gulps at once, the change I'm still gettined used to. But I am getting a lot of Water in anyway. But knowing more people felt like this, makes me feel a bit better. And I didn't even think about the hormones, that is an excellent point!

Popsicles, and freezing some of my Protein drinks were a life saver for me in the beginning.

Are you on an acid blocker? That could be a problem if you're not.

Hang in there. When your clothes start falling off you, and you have to shop for cute new clothes, you'll feel better!