Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does anyone else have major cravings coming into their pre op diet. I want to eat every single thing that I know I shouldn't be eating. I start my pre op on the 24th but have decided to start a pre pre op diet so I don't do more harm. I am just having 1 shake a day for now and trying to make good choices for lunch and dinner.< /p>

I start my pre-op on Oct 13th and I've been thinking the same way. I am giving into a few cravings here and there though. I'm making up for the extra calories by upping my exercise regiment. I had been craving pizza, ice cream, and BBQ since I've been on a strict 1300 calorie diet for the program I'm in. So I've given into those craving but in moderation. Thin crust pizza and only 2 slices, 1 scoop of ice cream, and I'm planning on going out for some BBQ on Friday (that's going to be a big splurge but I'm going to hit the gym for a solid 1 hr workout). Also, I have been meal planning for the next two weeks for my pre-op diet so there is no room for error or failure!!! shakes are really great!!! Good luck on your pre-op diet!!!

I too start my pre-op diet the 13th. I'm not bad about the eating everything I just want too go to my favorite eatery! Which is Kansi , where they cook the meal on the grill in front of you. Well I'm going Friday on date night whoo hoo!

I wasn't on a pre pre op restricted diet so I said goodby to some foods I love but don't plan to eat again. As I did, I acknowledged they tasted good but we're just food and didn't need them anymore. Started my 2 week liquid diet on Monday and doing fine. Surgery date is Oct 20. Yay!

That pre-op diet helped me tremendously. Try on this for size [no pun intended...lol], my pre-op diet started on my Birthday. I thought I was going easy the day of. Boy was I wrong. I could have spent splurging on that one day...then I would have like 13 more days. Well I craved like NO OTHER a few days afterwards. And was scared I couldn't do it. I even called to the DRs office nervous telling them that my weight hadn't went down and I don't think I could lose it. They reassured me and I was ok. But then it all settled and I exceeded my pre-op diet loss. I was supposed to lose 10. I lost 12.

You all CAN DO IT.

I've been doing really good actually the last couple of days. I've gotten over the lack of caffeine head aches and the cravings for sodas. I've been drinking Water non stop. Making smarter choices for lunch and dinner. No snacking

Wow! You've been on liquids since July?!? And here I've been cranky about doing it this last week! Lol

I didn't start seeing my surgeon until August 23rd and because of work, had a limited window of when I could have the surgery. My clinic is pretty strict about losing weight pre-op and my doc said I needed to drop 38lbs. I only lost 9 the first month.

I met with my dietician on 9/25 and she gave me a pretty strict plan (shake for Breakfast, lean Protein and veggie lunch, high Protein snack and a another lean protein and veggie dinner). Did great the first couple days and lost 7lbs quick. Then went to Vegas for a bachelorette party/bday weekend... Gained 3.5lbs.

It has been so tough and took over a week to get the scale back down but I'm finally 15.8lbs away and have until the 27th. Since insurance was approved and my advocate could tell I was busting my butt (and knew about my deadline), she went ahead and scheduled me for 11/4 with my pre-op on 10/27. I have to reach goal because I can't afford to let them cancel.

So for the last week, I've been having 3 Protein shakes, and Cocotein Water, and dinner which consists a whole can of tuna with one tablespoon of light and mayo and some mustard for added moisture on a single serving of Melba Snacks. After dinner, I walk at least 30 minutes on the treadmill at the gym. I've lost 6lbs doing this and an averaging a pound a day, which is what I need to reach goal.

I want to have a "goodbye" day so badly but I know I can't risk it. I want this surgery more. :-)

Oh YESS that Caffeine withdraws lasted about 5 days for me.

I've been doing really good actually the last couple of days. I've gotten over the lack of caffeine head aches and the cravings for sodas. I've been drinking Water non stop. Making smarter choices for lunch and dinner. No snacking

My biggest craving now is sweets. Doesn't help that it's Halloween time and it was the time of the month for me last week... Sorry tmi.

I couldn't imagine having to do shakes since July!

We've got this ladies! It's hard but it will all be worth it.

Dr started me out with a 8 wk goal of losing 26 lbs and put me on the liquids. Ay my 4 wk check up i had lost 23. So they said i could start all of the testing. They have kept me in the liquids so I don't gain any weight and to shrink my fatty liver. My surgeon is very popular so that's why my surgery date isn't until Dec 1st. I got really depressed thinking about another 8 wks of liquids ago this week has been rough. But like you said it's all worth it and we can do this. I'm down 48 lbs so far.

What do your liquid diet consist of. Mine consisted of a 15g Protein shake 4 times a day (6am, 9am, 12pm, & 3pm) then at 6pm have my 4 ounce chicken or fish a cup of fruit and a cup of veggies. I commend and applaud you for how you're doing so far...PLZ don't stop.

Dr started me out with a 8 wk goal of losing 26 lbs and put me on the liquids. Ay my 4 wk check up i had lost 23. So they said i could start all of the testing. They have kept me in the liquids so I don't gain any weight and to shrink my fatty liver. My surgeon is very popular so that's why my surgery date isn't until Dec 1st. I got really depressed thinking about another 8 wks of liquids ago this week has been rough. But like you said it's all worth it and we can do this. I'm down 48 lbs so far.

Edited by insideMrRH3

My diet has been 4-5 shakes post day every 2.5-3 hours. The number of shakes depends on how many I use skim milk with. The first 8 wks I could have 800-1000 calories per day and now in the 8 wk preop period it dropped to 600-800. I have used several different Meal Replacements Bariessentials, Naturade Total Soy, and Syntrax Matrix. The Bariessentials is the best tasting but of course the most expensive. The Naturade is the cheap but has the least protien. The Syntrax is the best value price wise. In the beginning they said I could have 5 shakes a day or 4 and a light meal. Well I was afraid that the light meal would lead to too much temptation and possible cheating for me. So I decided to go all in. I have only had a few tablespoons of broth a few times when I felt close to going of the deep end with cravings. For this final 8 weeks I'm allowing myself the occasional sugar free Jello or popsicle when I need something. So pretty much it's just been shakes and Water every day. But on a side note sugar free gum tastes amazing now that I don't get experience flavors anymore. I even go out to eat with my family with shake in hand. Seeing the food doesn't bother me anymore, most of it looks very unappetizing. The smells however are very intense.