Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey welcome good luck

Hello KitKat from Perth, and welcome. My name is Beth from Newburgh, NY and I too am new here. I've also got my surgery scheduled soon. I go in on the 23rd, and will be starting the 2 week diet on Wednesday. I wish you all the very best of luck, and prehaps we can cheer each other on as we go. Have a great night!

Hey KitKat, welcome to the forum. I am Miss Mac from Chicago, and have been here since August 2013 and had sleeve surgery on December 23, 2013. My one year surgi-versary (and my original birthday) are just around the corner. It's been an interesting ride. Welcome aboard!

Hi. I'm new too. Just had my sleeve 9/29/14. One week out. No nausea or vomiting. But my stamina is zero. Getting my Protein and fluids in. Out of work two more weeks, then the real challenge begins. Good luck to those approaching surgery. I'm from New England, USA.

Hello All! I'm a newbie as well and like everyone approaching the big day I'm excited and nervous. My date is Oct. 17.

10 days and counting.......My clock has never ticked any louder or slower than it is right now.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!!

Hi everyone.. Im from darwin NT, Australia and booked in for 15th Dec .. Taking time off over christmas as im getting sleeved in vic not in my own area.

Im horrified about the 2 week opti slim pre diet.

My partner doesn't agree with my decision.. He knows about it but thinks it's crazy and can't see anything wrong with me, even being 100kg and infertile

Im going down south for a wedding this weekend and reckon I'll do a practice shot after the wedding. Im always hungry!

The nurse said I can eat certain veggies with the shakes and bars.. Any heads up what veggies are?

No carbs I guess?

Darwinlady33

I have no idea about the veggie part of the question. I'm learning myself. I do however understand the fact that others do not understand our choice to undergo this procedure. There are many reasons why they feel that way. From my experience the ones closest to us have that response out of fear. Even they don't say it those feelings usually stems from some kind of fear. Fear for us because we are undergoing a surgical procedure, fear for losing the connection that you and your partner have made as a couple and sometimes just the fear the unknown. You know not knowing what the future holds after this experience. As a joke my husband ask me the other night if I expected him to live like I would be living after the surgery and of course I replied, " no but I do want your support by hugging me on the days that are hard and hugging me on the days that are easy". We then realized that we need to approach this endeavor and or difficult time just like we do all of the others in our marriage. Trust each other and love each other through it. Remind your partner that you are doing this for yourself. Your goal is to be the best form of you and to be healthy. Getting to that point with his support can only mean that the two of you together will be better as a couple. Just my opinion. Best Wishes On your Journey!!

Thanks everyone. Goodluck to others with upcoming surgery dates too & those post op I hope you are all doing well. The vegies we are allowed on the preop diet are carrot, celery, cucumber, lettuce, capsicum, mushrooms, Tomato there are some more but they are the ones I've been having. No potato, sweet potato, corn.