Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Old habits....die hard.

I have lost my way and need some support to get me back on track. I am still losing, but just barely. I am 2lbs away from losing 100 and those pesky 5 or so pounds have been hanging on for dear life. I am working out every day for at least 45 minutes. I believe that is the only reason I am loosing. God knows it is not my diet.

I am popping by the offices with candy jars a lot. My office has a candy jar, but I hate what I put in it to keep me from nibbling. However, there are 2 or 3 others that tend to have what I like. I have not been using the food diary and that is just being lazy.

Also, the emotional eating is so had to keep at bay. Old habits are creeping in. For example, my husband it out of town for the weekend and I have been eating crap. I know it is wrong because I feel like it is secret and I would feel terrible if anyone knew what and how much I am eating.

I feel like I am falling apart. Tomorrow is another day and I will get up and try again.

Hang in there, you can do this. Start back logging your food intake. Remember how you felt before you lost the weight.

Stay out of that candy jar!! :P :P

You can do this. Don't sabotage yourself now after you have come so far. You are worth the effort!!!!!

Edited by woo woo

i am sure you have had bad days before, and you will again, you're human...you just gotta try and make them happen less and less i guess, but don't beat yourself up...maybe think back to all you have been through to get to where you are...help that give you the strength to get through the times you want something bad for you...and make sure you give yourself credit for what you ARE doing...45 minutes of exercise a day...that's great! and maybe try to increase your Water intake...i have heard when you hit a plateau that may help you get back on a losing trend....good luck and hang in there! :)

Tomorrow is another day to start again so you will. You'll shake this off and focus on good choices.

Have you considered in person support groups or individual therapy for working through your habits? I ask only because I am starting therapy this week to try to work through issues that brought me to morbid obesity. The surgery helped me get a handle on the physical aspect of my weight, but I know there are things I can do mentally to improve my chances of success and I intend to explore what I can.

You can do this.

Jill,

I know exacly where you are coming from, my surgery was the same day as yours, and I feel like I have seriously fallen off the wagon and am having one heck of a hard time getting back on. I too have access to candy and other sugary foods, which I know if I eat them, I will be miserable for a little while, but yet I still do--the old habits coming back to haunt me. I have been stalled for a little over a month, going up and down a few pounds, but no real weight loss. I know what I am doing wrong, but somedays I just can't seem to get my head on straight and eat the right things. I have been eating small amounts of chocolate, chips, puff corn and even though i put it on myfitnesspal, I still can't stop. I know I need to remember all the milestones, i.e., each smaller size of clothing, being able to fit into the bathtube without both hips being squished against the sides, and able to cross my legs again. My NUT has given me articles to read, but I haven't gotten a chance to get through all of them. I have been working numerous hours of overtime, little sleep and these are definitely triggers for me for overeating, but damn I thought I would have had a better handle by now. I truly thank you for writing about how you are doing, as I sometimes think I must be the only one out there struggling. If you find out something that works for you, please let my know, I will do the same.

Seriously struggling,

Chris

Buy some sugar free candy they may help you stay away from the real stuff. Tomorrow is a new day and get back on track! Good luck!

We have all been there. At some point you just need to decide that junk food is like that bad boy friend that seems to feel good but in truth hurts you. F* that bad boyfriend, you are worth waaaayyy better!!!

candy is so evil! It takes a lot of willpower for me to look the other way and tell myself that all it does is make me fat.

Thank you all so much. It is great to know I am not alone in this!

Hi Jill - my office was the same way. Retired now, I don't have that temptation. But stay strong - you didn't go through all that you have for the "momentary satisfaction" of a candy bar. Rebuke that devil LOL. Go for the lifetime satisfaction of health and being proud of yourself. You're an inspiration to me as I am a sleeve baby : 9/16/14. Looking forward to the amount you've lost. You go girl !

It's just so hard when the entire world is fattening.

People want to go out to Breakfast. There is not one thing I can eat. pancakes, French Toast? Hashbrowns? and I hate eggs!

Everywhere I go, everyone around me is eating something fattening. It never gets any easier to say no to stuff I really love, like Cookies.

I agree ! All events are surrounded or centered around food ! I've not had a good morning - so encouragement isn't my strong suit today. But I feel your pain and wish you all the best. We did this to get healthy. Surely it will come.

Breathe in...breathe out. We all go through this. I have recently went through this, and its hard to get back on track just remember you can do it. I got really, really stressed over logging food and stopped over the summer but still lost. What helped me get back on track was knowing my year post op is coming up real fast and I want to hit another goal before I see them. Good luck!

Breathe in...breathe out. We all go through this. I have recently went through this, and its hard to get back on track just remember you can do it. I

got really, really stressed over logging food and stopped over the summer but still lost. What helped me get back on track was knowing my year post op is coming up real fast and I want to hit another goal before I see them. Good luck!

Can you give me some "experienced" advice ? I need good ideas for the puréed stage to make sure I'm getting in good Proteins and not too much salt or other bad stuff. Anything you could tell me would be appreciated. Good luck on your one year post op ????