Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Submitted to insurance! Be firm with your team, they work for you

I've been offline for a week, and a lot happened.

I had my final weighin with the nutritionist, and i lost another 5 lbs, bringing me to a total of 10.5 since my first visit. she praised me, and i asked if i would be submitted to insurance now. she started to blather on about maybes and perhapses (the team wanted me to lose 14 total). i was more prepared mentally than i was on my last visit, when she made me feel very bad and kind of like i was in danger of not being approved. (i called my insurance company and found out that they only require NO NET GAIN, so i wasn't taking that from her this time.)

i firmly but calmly stated that I knew the insurance company did not require me to lose any more, and told her I expected to be submitted since I had met all the requirements. She said that was up to the nurse. I spoke to the nurse, and she told me (AAAGGGGHHHH!!!!!) that they did not receive four of my clearances. wtf?

so i went right to my PCP's office and waited until they had the time to pull my file and refax everything to the surgeon. (they didn't need to send everything again, but the office manager was cranky about them saying they didn't receive something and wanted to make a statement... i didn't interfere lol.) and i called the psychiatrist and asked them to resend their letter. they don't fax, so it had to be mailed. sigh.

i waited until the beginning of this week to follow up and make sure they received everything, and was told that they were missing one item (an item which was NOT on the list of four from last week -- seriously starting to doubt these women's filing capabilities). BUT BUT BUT they submitted me anyway.

WOOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!! it's getting reallllllllllly REAL.

i was having a lot of anxiety, and now that the paperwork has been submitted, i feel much lighter of spirit. i'm definitely on track for the third or fourth week of October. my journey's "take-off time" is getting closer!

Glad to read such a positive post from you after the troubles and doubts you were having a while back. It sucks that you had to jump through so many hoops (multiple times from the sound of it!), but you persevered and now you are in the home stretch. Here's hoping you get a surgery date soon!

thanks, @@JamieLogical! i am feeling VERY positive today. :)

Wow, that is really inspiring! I'm glad you stuck to it. I don't anticipate any problems getting my team to get clearance for me, but if I do, I know how to stand firm. Good luck with the approvals!