Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Postive Support needed...

Dealing with the diet post surgery takes some time. Unfortunately, there is some experimentation involved with finding out what does and does not work for you. I wish you the best of luck and I agree you should listen to what you dietitian has told you. That is why I have been successful over the last year. They know what they are talking about. If you stick to the plan you cannot help but succeed. If you have any questions about recipes, diet, or exercise, I am an open book. I actually now teach aquatic personal training to post surgery patients and I even teach healthy cooking classes as well. I will help in any way I can.

For a little motivation check out the video of my journey. It is a little long, but it tells the story and my feelings heading into surgery well. I urge to check it out and provide feedback. I want this to be the best it can be so it can be a help and motivation to others trying to change their lives. (I know there are a few grammatical errors in the video that I am working on correcting)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkW6KmJRgHc

To learn more about my journey, find motivation, and experience life together, follow me on Facebook and Twitter below. This is truly and amazing journey and I am always open to help anyone as they work through this life changing experience!

@Fat2FitBlue

Blog: http://wakingupfromheavysetdreams.blogspot.com/

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/therealjonathanblue

Best of Luck,

Jonathan

Thank you Johnathon. That helps a lot. I tried a piece size of my pinky nail and it did not work. Then I tried a 1/3 cup of Soup and that did not work. chicken, chicken soup, mashed potatoes, and cheese seem to stay down the best. I definitely want to start Water aerobics. I think it would help the best. My weight has gone down but it fluctuates daily. I know I shouldn't check it all the time. But I can't seem to help it.

Thank you Johnathon. That helps a lot. I tried a piece size of my pinky nail and it did not work. Then I tried a 1/3 cup of Soup and that did not work. chicken, chicken soup, mashed potatoes, and cheese seem to stay down the best. I definitely want to start Water aerobics. I think it would help the best. My weight has gone down but it fluctuates daily. I know I shouldn't check it all the time. But I can't seem to help it.

Almond vanilla (Unsweetened) Milk - 1 cup

1 tsp Peanut Butter

Ice cubes (about 4-5)

Sprinkle of Cinnamon

1/2 Frozen banana

Blend

Add Choc. Protein Powder (however much Protein you need)

Blend again

Enjoy!!

@@Bring It On
Please share how u prepare your Protein Shake. Im still having trouble keeping them down...lol thank u. I appreciate u for it

I know exactly what you mean. For the first few months I think I looked at the scale every day. It was nice because it was always going down. However, I do caution you to try to only check once a week. The problem is that checking every day became a habit for me and now that things are plateauing and fluctuating a little more this far out from surgery, it can be very discouraging.

The foods will also work themselves out over time. One thing that helped me with things like chicken, was finely chopping it up about the size you spoke about and turning it into a chicken salad using a combo of low fat mayo and fat free sour cream. After a bit you could even add chopped up bits of veggies depending on your likes.

If you get in the pool I would encourage you to start with simply Water walking. Find an area about the same depth, (preferably about belly button) and just start with a determined walk forward. When you get to the end instead of turning around, walk backwards. This will work a slightly different set of muscles and help with your balance quite a bit as you loose weight.

If you have any other questions at all I am an open book. Feel free to contact me at any of the places below and I will do what I can to help you out. Best of luck buddy! This is the start of your new amazing life. You will find things you are capable of that your never dreamed and I am so excited for you!

Jonathan

@Fat2FitBlue

Blog: http://wakingupfromh...s.blogspot.com/

Facebook: https://www.facebook...ealjonathanblue

Thank you so much. This was my last result and u keep pressuring myself that I'm doing it all wrong and it won't work for me.

chicken and turkey can be hard after surgery. I found the best way to cook chicken was to place it in a covered pot add a couple chicken bouillon cubes and some Water and cook it slowly on low heat for an hour or two. The meat will become so tender that it will come apart easily with a fork.

Protein shakes can be hard. To me they all taste terrible. It is almost a misnomer to call it a shake (like in milk shake) because it is anything but. Your taste buds will change after surgery. The best Protein Shake for you is the one you can tolerate. There are powder and premixed. Some Protein Shakes are very high in Protein. For example a 20 ounce bottle of Protein Ice has 42 grams of protein. I hate the taste of this but my wife thought it tasted good. On the powders, I believe it is important to use an electric blender to mix them instead of trying to hand blend them. Otherwise you do not get the right consistency. For me I found that Muscle Milk Light (vanilla) worked well. I mixed it with Water and blended in a banana. Your protein supplements are separate from your meal allocation. You can add fruits to your protein supplement and not have it counted against your meal allocation. Any protein supplement must be low in process sugar, otherwise you will hit problems. So the secret on protein supplements is to experiment and find something that will work for your tastes and secondly be open to changing your protein supplement as you make your journey. I am 17 months post-op RNY. I began using 3 Protein Shakes per day, then 2, then one. Then I began to use Protein Bars (Quest). Then as my meal intake increased, I concentrated on eating high protein chili and Soups. Currently I am consuming over 60 grams a day of protein in my meals. I have totally gone off my protein shakes. For my protein supplement I have a cup of hot cocoa (no sugar added) in the morning and a berry smoothie in the evening.

Thank you this helps so much. I also hate Protein Shakes.