Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual & Transgendered Bandsters

Flipper you've got that right, I'm the hotel staying anti-camping lesbian. I'm not alone...

The camping part if fine, even if I do have to put on shoes in the middle of the night to pee, but the packing and lugging all the stuff is not my idea of fun.

I don't see me camping again unless it's in a well equipped cabin...

Juli the anti camping diva lesbian.

Hi Caresa, of course we care! now don't wait so long next time ! Good luck on Thursday , Vicky sounds like me, only I'm not doing the 60 lbs. I try on the food but can't seem to get my butt motivated to do the EXTRA milage the Dr. said I need to do. anyway, enough about me. Keep us posted. I don't always write either but I do check in often and love to hear from everyone.

Good luck to you too stevee!!!:whoo: to both of you.

Popping (or is it pooping) in to say hello!

I used to love camping. I mean the old fashioned kind, pooping in the woods...sleeping under the stars. The last time I went camping, I woke up crying @ 3am because I was soooo cold, and my ex told me to shut up. I was freakin miserable. Susanne and I want to camp, but it needs to be warm. I bought the SUV (hybrid) so it looks good w/ camping gear in it!

I'm w/ Juli...camping now is really staying in a hotel w/ no room service!

xoxoxox

OMG! I'm begining to think Sean and I are bigger Lesbians than all of you! We camp, we watch football (ok, I don't watch a lot, but he's a sports freak), we listen to country music instead of show tunes and we have a pickup truck. Oh wait, we like boys. I guess we'll have to settle for the title of "honorary Lesbian."

Pooping in the woods, Pamela?? Ok, even when we camped in the tent we never did that! I suppose you're the biggest Lesbian around...

Hello family. Just wanted to give you guys an update on my progress. I finally got to submit my paperwork for approval on Thursday! I am praying my insurance will approve me asap! I started this journey in January and have jumped through all of their hoops (6-month diet program, cardiologist, psychologist and PCP). I have come too far to be denied now!

I also have to start my pre-op diet today. I am thankful that it is a no-carb, small portions diet instead of the liquid diet most people are put on. To be honest, I am a little scared to start all of this. I am realizing that today is the first day of the rest of my life and soon I won't have the same lifestyle I have had since birth. It is somewhat scary to give up that control. But I just keep telling myself that food is controlling me and I am slowly dying because of this addiction. My roommate (and no that is not code-word for girlfriend) is also my best friend and she is going to do the diet with me! She is so supportive and I thank God for her everyday! She is excited for me and she is also excited for herself because she said she is going to lose weight simply because there won't be any more bad food habits in the house. It will be good for both of us.

Anyway, please hope and pray that insurance approves me asap! I will let you guys know when I know more. *Trisha*

:faint:

I am sssooooo hungry. These Clear Liquids are just not cutting it. I am in the bathroom constantly.....and I am at work....'til 7:30pm. And no one know what is going on (I didn't tell work people). I am so out of sorts. Yelled at Vicky this morning for no reason. Just feel off, and I don't think it's just hunger. Maybe I am crazy.:kiss Yesterday I just napped when I was hungry. Can't do that today. I'm charge nurse today and I am training an RN new to our unit. Gotta go don't wanna get caught on the computer.

Later,

Caresa:faint:

:faint:

I am sssooooo hungry. These clear liquids are just not cutting it. I am in the bathroom constantly.....and I am at work....'til 7:30pm. And no one know what is going on (I didn't tell work people). I am so out of sorts. Yelled at Vicky this morning for no reason. Just feel off, and I don't think it's just hunger. Maybe I am crazy.:kiss Yesterday I just napped when I was hungry. Can't do that today. I'm charge nurse today and I am training an RN new to our unit. Gotta go don't wanna get caught on the computer.

Later,

Caresa:faint:

Caresa,

If you normally take in a lot of carbs and your liquids are low-carb, you may be getting some "brain fog." That's happened to me when I low-carbed in the past. The good thing about that is that it will pass in a few days. If it's not that, it may just be the hunger. It does strange things to our brains, even when we don't realize it. Don't forget that we're all here for you! And if you just have to take someone's head off to vent the frustration, pop over to the Rants & Raves section and go off on whatever thread riles you up! Anything's fair game over there... :heh:

Hang in there Caresa...you can do this...you are worth this...maybe add a bit of Protein Powder to make sure your getting enough! It will be over soon and this "pain" will just be a memory!

xoxox

Caresa and Dana.....TOMORROW IS THE BIG DAY!!! GOOD LUCK TO YOU BOTH . I'm sure you'll do great, nothing to be nervous about, it's just the 1st day of the rest of your new life :whoo::whoo::whoo:

I found a way not to feel so hungry. My mouth was just sweet all the time and it was driving me nutz.....even more sweet with sugar free stuff. Someone got some chicken broth packets at work yesterday. I felt better after I drank that. I was taking the noodles out of chicken noodle Soup but that made me feel wasteful. So on the way home I picked up some chicken broth granules......yum-o! Well, less than 20 hours to go.

Thank you all for your words of encouragement.

:whoo:

Caresa!

Woo Hoo!

Had my stress echocardiogram yesterday evening (just barely fit me in the schedule--whew) and I'm good to go for tomorrow!

Being on that f'ing treadmill for only 6 minutes reminded me how

outta shape I am...and I walk at work on a daily basis. Geez.

So...now the countdown begins! I'm not looking forward to the 5# lifting restriction for 6 weeks, though...my poor wife's going to have to do a lot of my duties for me. We have a soon-to-be 3 year old (along with two other boys) who still needs to be put in a car seat, crib, etc. Also, I'm now off work for those 6 wks because my job requires lifting...lots. At least my supervisors have been supportive.

Enough bitching...

Go ME! And go CARESA!

Woo Hoo!

Thanks for all the support, guys!

Dana

Dana & Caresa, why haven't you guys posted yet?? Just kidding! Give us an update when you're able. We're all thinking about you...

Hey!

I'm home and feeling great--the best I've EVER felt after having surgery. I had my gall bladder removed lapriscopically 4 years

ago, and felt like absolute crap for at least 3 weeks afterward...I know I'm still under the influence of the meds, but my energy level is fantastic--must be all the Vitamins pumped in me!

No gas issues...was up and taking walks around the nurse's station

3 times in the middle of the night.

Time to try and sleep a bit now, didn't get much last night.

Caresa--Hope all is well!

Dana