Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual & Transgendered Bandsters

Hey Juli~

LOL, I was checkin it out after we talked last time. I see lots of success on that thread. That is something to toot your horn about:rockon::rockon:. Can't wait to see pix! I am not ready to post pix, but will soon. Gonna go heat a Healthy Choice dinner and watch stupid TV...what a long day!

xoxo

I just want to thank all of you who sent me well wishes. It does help. I not quite sure how I feel right now other than sore. I am so glad it is done and I am sure the pain will go away in time. OMG…the gas, good lord. I only slept 2 hours yesterday because of the pressure in my back. I think I spent more time walking around the house trying to relieve the gas then anything else. The walking has helped out tons, except now my calves are killing me from dehydration and walking so much. I was also surprised by my weigh-in yesterday. I am down to 287 from 308 (304 according to my doctor, but that is because he doesn’t know I gained 4 lbs before I went on the liquid diet), which means I lost 21 lbs. I am sure I will gain some of it back when I get to the mush/puree phase, but I am cool with that because I know it will come back off in time.

BTW...I can't wait to see your pics Juli. I bet you look awesome!

Hey Edd!

Glad to hear you made it through...now the real fun begins!

21lbs!! Good job...I'm still trying to lose before my surgery on the 27th. I start liquids-only on the 13th, and I was wondering how you handled it and what you drank. I'm not looking forward to that phase, but I've started down this road and I'm not gonna screw it up now.

Hope the gas subsides soon~

Hey Edd!

Glad to hear you made it through...now the real fun begins!

21lbs!! Good job...I'm still trying to lose before my surgery on the 27th. I start liquids-only on the 13th, and I was wondering how you handled it and what you drank. I'm not looking forward to that phase, but I've started down this road and I'm not gonna screw it up now.

Hope the gas subsides soon~

Flipper,

My doctor puts all of his patients on a two week liquid diet. We have to take Opi-Fast every three hours five times a day so we get all of our Vitamins. We were also allowed to have Water, juice (with no pulp), crystal light, sugar free gum, sugar free popsicles, sugar free Jello, and various types of Soup broths (chicken, beef and vegetable). After surgery we have to do a two week clear liquid diet, which is still all of the items above minus the Opi-Fast. After those two weeks, we go on another liquid diet but I am not sure how long this one last until we are put on the mush/puree phase.

I will admit the liquid diets are not easy because you seem to have more time to think about all the things you can‘t have again or would like to be eating at that moment. It is all in how much you want the lap-band. Plus, after the first couple of days you start to get used to it. If food is a big trigger for you, avoid TV commercials and people eating. I spent a lot of time on the computer doing research and playing games to help make the time pass. I really helps looking at the before and after pictures to give you more encouragement that this is worth it. (http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f17/before-after-pictures-pix-only-4642/)

I hope this is able to help you. I wish you the best on the liquid diet.

Well, this is the first chance I've had to post since our extra-long long weekend. I've had the week from hell at work. I pretty much HATE my job right now. That's a shame, because I've been there for 8 years and used to love it. Anyhoo, the vacay was a blast. We climbed up Lookout Mountain at Rock City (supposedly you can see 7 states - don't ask me how you actually know you're seeing them) and weren't even tired! We took a lantern tour of Ruby Falls, which is in the middle of the mountain (yes, inside the mountain), rode a steam-engine train, went to the TN Aquarium and ate dinner at the Chattanooga Choo Choo. Oh, and we got massages - it was the best I have ever had! If anyone's planning on visiting that area and wants a kick ass massage, I'll give you the guy's name and number. On a band-related note, I was really concerned about gaining while we were up there as I don't have near as much restriction since my 2cc unfill, but I'm still at 224. I have an appointment with the doc next Tuesday, so I'm sure he will add at least part of that back.

Edd, welcome to Bandland! The gas pains will pass, I promise. If you're getting the back pain, try lying on a moist heating pad. Sean had the shoulder pain and that helped him a lot. And don't forget to take your pain meds. They will be your best friend the first several days!

Hi to all the new folks! :welcome2: As always, it's great to see fresh meat, er, new members of our little family! :heh: Hee hee!

Well, just thought I'd check in with everyone, that sounds like a GREAT vacation Eddie! have to keep that one in mind. I was just checking back to my last post on the 3rd and it's amazing how a couple days can change things. I am SOoooo ready for that next fill!!:hungry: things have settled down so far as what I can eat, but, yesterday I woke up hungry and have been hungry every 2 hrs since!! been very careful but it's hard. I also find that I can eat more, that can't be good. so, guess I'm ready for Monday.

Oh, Edd, thanks for the before and after link! didn't know we had one, now I'll never get to bed:lol: ! I hope you are feeling better, it will all be worth it shortly.

Quick question...

I was banded on August 28th. I still have steri strips on 2 sites, one is my port site.

I wanted to take the family to the waterpark today or tomorrow.

Would it be ok for me to do this if I bandaged the sites?

Wowsers! You look great and it has only been 6 months. Just imagine what you will look like in 6 more months. Keep up the great work!

Tricia - I wish I could help ya. I still have my steri strips on and I am not sure if I take them off or the doctor does when I go back. I know you are suppose to wait a certain amount of time before you go into pools and such.

Quick question...

I was banded on August 28th. I still have steri strips on 2 sites, one is my port site.

I wanted to take the family to the waterpark today or tomorrow.

Would it be ok for me to do this if I bandaged the sites?

Umm, aside from the "wait X weeks before immersing in water" I would be scared to death of getting some sort of infection. You know there's a thousand kids (and probably just as many adults!) peeing in that Water. EWWW!!

I see Eddie's EWWWW and would like to raise it.

Don't share Water with other people, you just had surgery and you immune system is compromised. It's not worth the risk.

I wasn't allowed to bathe until week 4. Shower, yes, but no soaking in water....FYI.

Thanks Dana.

It's cool to be 6 months out. I wonder what amazing and frustrating things will come to happen in the next 6 months.

Make sure you get photos of yourself just before surgery so we can celebraite with you your loses!

Juli~

You look great honey!!! Your smaller than in Ptown! congrats on your success! I need to post some pix soon. I just am not feeling it yet. Since I got my good fill at the hospital last week, I can TOTALLY tell, and feel I am shrinking! Congrats again girl.