Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual & Transgendered Bandsters

Hey, Kity sorry to hear that your gal is having a hard time, just let her know that our thoughts are with her and all of our other family members in the military that can't live in an open relationship. It is sad that these men and ladies that are giving there life so that we can have our freedom, have to live in fear, there is something very wrong here. I have the deepest respect for our people in the military. I get so emotional, I never want to take what I have for granted. If it was not for them I could not live the way I do.

Ok off my soap box, how was everyones weekend. I got the tile done, looks great if I say so my self. The wife is happy and if she is happy then I am happy.

Have a great week.

Hi Family.

Tell me if I'm redundant. It happens all the time. Did I tell you that I hooked up with a group of Lesbian cyclists? I'm going on my first ride this week with them! I'm up to 25 miles now. I do think I'll be able to hit 50 by August, when me and the GF go to PTown.

About the GF, we were at Pride this weekend in Chicago and had a FANTASTIC time. We danced :dance: in the street on Saturday and watched the 3 hour long parade on Sunday with her newly out lesbian 22 year old niece! (Niece's momma and other gay auntie and uncle were there too!) We ate some fantastic food. Tapas, which I've always loved but find that being banded they really do the trick. Not too much food, but lots of flavor! Sangria too. hehehe

Needless to say, there was drinking involved. :) But it was FUN!

I'm so happy to have this thread. I love my marchie's thread too, but it's here where I can talk about GF, vacations together, food, my kid and exercise. It's very much where I feel the love and feel I belong. :love:

But wait, there's more!

As for the people who do so much for us you have my thanks. From the military folks who serve our country at the expense of their personal expression, to the people who marched in some of the first marches paving the way for me and the babies coming up and out now, you did/do so much to make my life easier and better. Thank You.

God love ya!

Juli

Juli, it sounds like you had a GREAT time!

I LOVE tapas and didn't even think about it as a food after banding, you are wonderful for reminding me!

Morning Family~

Juli...welcome home. So glad you had a great time. How did it go w/ the GF's mom? Thanks for the wonderful and kind words. I agree, I am part of the shrinking violets thread from my April group, but it is here that I can really be myself. They know I am gay, but I can share different things here. This is a great thread. Thanks Eddie for starting it!!!!:)

I just saw this...this is me now...:ranger:, haha, that is great. Although the dancing banana w/ the big boobs is still my favorite.:Banane20:I just love her.

Have a great day family. I went to the gym after a 3 day break, and lost two pounds...WTF??? Who knows, who cares, I'll take it!

xoxo

I forgot about the momma dinner thing. She canceled and was so happy!! The GF was pretty funny about it too. She knows I'm not all that comfortable with the whole thing. Happily the SIL and niecie poo were cool.

Thanks for asking.

Well, I'm going in tomorrow morning for another fill. I'm still able to eat way too much, so I called this morning and asked if I should come back in. The only thing I can think of is that when I had the first one it was early in the morning and I'm normally more restricted in the morning anyway. Wish me luck!

Hi Eddie-I haven't posted for awhile. Been working quite a bit of overtime here lately. Not much time when I get home for anything but read the paper, fix dinner, visit with the GF for a few, and then hit the bed. Hope your fill works better for you. Well, I have officially joined the ranks of the "waiting to be approved or denied". I have met with the surgeon, had my lung functions checked , and had my thyroid bloodwork done. All the other tests I had already done within the past 6 months for one reason or another. The thing is that the doc said he would send off my request on June 15th, but the paperwork that they gave me at the office that day stated that nothing would be sent off until they got the results from my lung functions and the bloodwork. Either way they have everything now. I've tried calling the office several times to see if and when they sent off everything, but I keep getting put on hold, and I don't have time at work to sit on hold for an extended amount of time. I left a message yesterday that was never returned. Guess I'll keep trying. That's what's up with me. So what's up with you? I see you're going in for a fill in the morning. Good luck with that. How are you feeling? How are your blood sugars running? Well I better run get some supper together. Take Care-Kat

Well, I'm going in tomorrow morning for another fill. I'm still able to eat way too much, so I called this morning and asked if I should come back in. The only thing I can think of is that when I had the first one it was early in the morning and I'm normally more restricted in the morning anyway. Wish me luck!

Good luck, Eddie!

All is well in Bandland again! :) I'm now at 6.5 cc after fill #2. As there was a little bruising after last week's fill, I did feel it this time, but it still didn't hurt.

Eddie~

That is great, 6.5!!! Wow, I'd imagine that you have pretty good restriction now. I am at 1. and some days I do, and others I can eat a pizza (almost ate a whole one on Sunday, took all day, but I almost got through it). I bet the weight will drop off you now! I go back on the 18th for more, it was too hard w/ my 2 week vacation and his 1 week, so we decided to wait! Anyway, congrats and good luck.

I'll post more later!

xoxo

Hey all, I had to call the doc's office today, I have not been able to eat anything at all this week, I had about an 1oz of pot roast on Tuesdays and tried the mashed taters, they came back. yesterday was less then a 1/4 cup of chicken salad, came back. In fact it was still coming back this morning, plus I was dizzy and light headed. Had to get OJ down to get potassium level up seem to help. Doc's office suppose to call back and let me know what we may end up doing. I am hoping that they will take out the fill 6cc and let it rest for a few weeks and see if this helps. If not then I am afraid they may have to go back in. I don't know what I could have done to bring this on. My last fill was a yr ago. I have been banded since 11/05. I am down 90 lbs and I am so happy about that. I only have 25 lbs to go.

So please keep fingers crossed, I will keep you posted.

Crossing my fingers and toes and eyes and everything else for it to be okay.

Sending great thoughts and healing vibes your way!

Dee, please keep us posted on what your doc says. I'm sending you all the positive thoughts I can. And a hug of course. :boy_hug: Sean and I will be down in St Pete for their Pride Festival this weekend (Rainbow RV's first ever Pride event!) but I'll have my laptop, so I'll be checking in for an update.

Hello my little gay lovlies.

Who has plans for the weekend? I don't.

I've got Zoe this weekend, so of course we will be at the pool. I have laundry to wash, a yard to tend (which I HATE doing) and homework to read. Aside from that no plans! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

That will be fantastic.

So, I'm on a plateau. It's been 10 days and I've not lost an ounce overall. I hate this. I see the doctor on July 9th and might get a fill then if this weight doesn't move.

And yeah, I've had some high calorie days...I'm hoping to dig a little deeper today and the weekend to see if I can make the wieght budge, but sakes alive, I thought it'd be second nature already.

Thanks for listening to me bitch, I know there are others on the board who are dealing with bigger frustrations than a plateau, it seems a little petty on my part.

Take care everyone,

XO

Hello Family~

Well today starts 2 weeks of madness. I leave today to go to school for 1 week in La Verne (80 miles from home). The good thing is I will see Susanne, for the first time since June 12...the bad news is we are not getting along too well. So, instead of being excited, I am nervous. We've had some pretty ugly phone conversations lately, but I am trying to stay positive. I hope now that she is not at work on her exercise, she can relax w/ her mom. I will only see her for 2 hours today, but I guess I'll take what I can get.

We are leaving for our vacation next weekend...I hope we are back on track by then. Anyway, that is the plan. Sorry this post was so disjointed, there is just so much going on. I'll try to clarify later.

Peace