Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Losing everywhere except...

My darn lower stomach. I am seeing the weight fall off all over my body just not there. I'm only a month out and need to be patient. I just hate my lower stomach!!!!

I am losing my boobs! I have gone down to the smallest notch on my bra...but my tummy is still lagging behind...I thought I'd try some of my older capris from years ago, but they still are a little too small...maybe in a few weeks

Be patient. Abdominal fat is very resilient and will be the last place you will probably lose weight. I don't know your stats, but if you're like most of us, you have a problematic abdominal region. First comes an increased waist size, then a lower tummy pudge. The muffin comes next followed by upper abdominal protusion. If the body continues to gain weight, that protusion turns into a hanging pannicula.

As you lose weight, the retraction of your abdomen will happen in a reverse order (for most people anyway). You will need to lose a good bit of your weight before the hanging belly (if you have one!) begins to pull back up to some degree. Once it pulls up, then you will start noticing it beginning to retract in and have a visibly smaller size, and certainly in clothing.

It must come up before it can go back in!

I am losing boobs too. First place I noted a loss was in my bra. I don't have much I can afford to lose!!

Bittersweet, thank you for that explanation. That helps a lot! My tummy is quite large, and I hate the lower hanging part.

It will soon be a distant memory. Take a picture of it so you can say bye bye to it permanently. If you are considering plastics after you meet your goals, people such as yourself with a hanging belly have fantastic results. In the right hands, all of your belly flaws will be eliminated. So that hanging, resilient belly will end up being a blessing in disquise.

I know. I am shrinking from my extremities inward... My fingers, hands, lower arms... My face... I know my tummy will hang on for dear life! :(

I've lost everywhere but my boobs. While I've lost inches aroung my back, I'm stilll a DD. You know how hard it is to buy a 34DD? Tough. Like JCP, I started from the top down (skipping the girls of course). Even my fingers shrunk 4 sizes.

My lower belly has been a problem too. I'm patient though. As long as things are going. My wedding ring falls off. I bought a smaller one to stack on top in the others. I don't want to get them resized yet.