Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What do they feel like to you? Can they vary? I feel like mine vary & each time it gets worse? Today, I made a mistake. I thought I could eat a cheeseburger. I took 2 bites. And it started. Ever since I got my first fill 2 weeks ago, I can no longer swallow anything during my stuck episodes. Before, with no restriction, I would feel stuck but could get tiny bits of Water down that would "clear" me. Now, I can not swallow anything when stuck, I try swallowing my saliva and usually can't get that down. I wet burp, they are small burps, a lot. Today, I even had a moment of burning! Never had that before. Honestly, my mouth got so full of thick saliva, I had to spit it out. I thought it would come up for sure, but I kept it down (was driving!) I get super hot. I cranked up air condition. I get the urge to jump up and down.

Is all of this normal for stuck? My doc didn't tell me much about being stuck. I get stuck maybe 3-4 times a week like this. Surely, it's my fault. Too big of bites, dry food, etc. I am learning. I feel like I waited too long to get a fill, because while the mushy stages and preop and post op diets help prepare you, the real tests come when you can eat regular food. I am trying to train myself. Slow down. Small bites. It is so easy to forget. Yes, literally, I forget I have a band! I am awful!

Oh, and now, a few hours after the stuck episode, my stomach hurts a little' like when you are sick. And I feel exhausted, like I spent the day vomiting, which I didn't. Do these episodes do this? I feel tired and drained, like I have the flu. (which I don't) IF I puke, when I am sick, my body is worn out, it takes a lot out of me when I puke. I hate puking. That's how I feel now, slight headache, tired, etc. weird.

first thing you need to do is see your doctor. he may want to do a endoscopy or barium swallow or take out some Fluid. do not ignore this. it is not normal to be getting stuck this often. you can cause some complications unless this is address by your md. but you are likely right in assuming that you are eating incorrectly. it is hard and the way we have to eat doesn't come naturally. right now I would give your band a break and go back to liquids for a few days. you may be swollen from all the stuck issues. call your doctor

Chew everything--I was told to chew thirty times to avoid getting stuck. Put the fork down for 30 seconds between each small bite.

Really hot food is a problem for me, since I can get careless and try to swallow too big a piece if the food is overly hot.

Some foods will give more problems than others... it is a learning process. Any of the Breakfast wraps at Dunkin Donuts can cause me to regret ordering one.

@@BandedMi Give your doctor a call you should not be having these issues so often and as @@labwalker & @@terrydumont46 said you can cause some complications to arise.

Go back to liquids for now, give your stomach and your band a rest while you wait for your doctor. When you move back to solid foods work on doing so gradually and work on those band eating mechanics. They are not the easiest thing in the world to master but they are worth taking the time to do.

Let us know how your doing.