Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Support groups or counseling

For those of you who have had surgery are you going to support groups or to counseling? Especially if you are an emotional eater, such as most of us are, are these groups helping?

I'm going to a support group at the hospital where I had my surgery. I'm still too new at it yet so not sure if it is helping. Our main topic is that we are addicts, which I haven't fully wrapped my head around yet. I'm going to continue to go because there are some nuggets that I have learned so far and I have only gone twice. I haven't committed to saying I'm an addict but I do recognize some of the behavior they talk about! So, I will continue to go. I have heard that attending support groups of some sort is only positive in the long term success. Because of that, I need to do because I want this to be successful for me long term.

I'm 11 months out, a food addict, emotional eater prone to binge eating. Surgery does not fix this and now that the newness new surgery is fading those food demons are popping back up. Because of my job I'm not able to do any support groups other than here or Facebook but hoping to change that at the first of the year.

I am thinking of going. I was never a binge eater and I have not been an emotional eater in years.

The reason I would go would be the support of people who are going through the same thing as me.

I go to a support group run by the hospital where I had my surgery and I am in counseling. I am an emotional eater, but I am in counseling specifically for that. I go to support group to be able to share with and support others who have had WLS. I always seem to learn something new in support group, since the bariatric coordinator who runs it has a new topic for discussion every week.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches