Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just curious.

After surgery I know it's gonna be awhile before I can really eat solid food. An when I can it's going to be small small portions. But my question is on special occasions will I be able to eat a little cake for a birthday. Or eat out for a birthday. (Healthy of course) even though they will be tinny portions. Just wondering if anyone has had any troubles with eating these king of things occasional ( like in a once in a blue moon, kinda way). ??

I had lap band surgery Feb 2014. Lost almost 80 pounds. My wife and I eat out once or twice a week. They key to weight loss in my opinion is what you eat. I have trouble eating red meat. I don't eat red meat. I eat lots of chicken and fish. I was told not to count calories. I count calories. I also use My Fitness pal an app on my phone. Every thing that I eat goes in the app. I weigh every thing. No guessing as to how large a portion I am eating. No bread, Pasta, rice, cake,candy,ice cream, etc. You can take a spoon full of anything but remember they are what caused weight gain in the first place. I found that I have lost my taste for sweets so am not tempted. Remember you have invested a lot. The band is a tool. It can be overcome easily. Don't give in for a taste of something you shouldn't eat. After a while you get used to the new way of eating. Best of luck.

I haven't found anything I can't eat if I want to. But, if you plan to lose weight there are several of these that you should avoid. Remember it's these things that that put you where you are. My problem with these things, if I have one, I've lost most control and will inevitably have more.

You will find through experience there are de things not good for you personally! I have found that Peanut Butter, shrimp, wheat bread, and sometimes Pasta and rice are not good for me. You will learn! Be careful and chew!!

I've learned that I can't handle breads, cake, cupcakes, pancakes, cornbread, tortillas, most sweets, sausage, red meat (even ground), pork, rice, most pastas, and pills of any kind anymore. chocolate? Sure, But only a bout 3 of the miniature Hershey's bars. Strawberries curb my desire for chocolate though.

You are entering a whole new life. Either embrace it and stick to the diet your Nutritionist lays out for you, or be a dummy like me and eat things that cause you pain. Thursday I had scrambled eggs, sausage, and pancakes for dinner. I woke up at 1am with pain that made me wish I would just die right there on the bathroom floor. I didn't eat the right things, and now I have gastritis.

"Problems that can occur after Lap-Band placement include nausea, vomiting, acid reflux, heartburn, stomach ulcer, gastritis, gas bloat, trouble swallowing, dehydration, diarrhea, Constipation and weight regain." - This is from non compliance aka: eating the wrong things. You are in charge of your body, and slip ups will happen. But don't pre-plan an opportunity for that. Be smart and plan to have things available for you that WON'T cause you issues.